mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Any sugestions to replace 4-bolt hayes disc rotor - 01 Jeckyl

I have a gently bent rear disc rotor on my 01 Jeckyl and am trying to avoid buying a new 6-bolt hub and rotor. My 4-bolt pattern hayes 6" rotors are now obsolete, or were within months after buying the bike back in 2001. Anyone know where to find this rare part, or suggestions on other solutions? My LBS found me a non-hayes 4-bolt rotor a year or so back, but it was much thicker than the hayes rotor and wouldn't fit into the caliper, so had to send that back. It was grimeca or magura, I can't recall which.

The rotor drag is noisy but if I lift the rear and spin the wheel by hand, it will spin for 10-15 seconds (30 turns or so) before stopping, so the rotor warp isn't too bad, it's just annoying and makes me feel slow(er).

Bear
    XC in SD
    Last edited by evolutionfiles; 09-30-2004 at 12:59 PM. Reason: incorrrect technical detail

not so super...

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Hope

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionfiles
    I have a gently bent rear disc rotor on my 01 Jeckyl and am trying to avoid buying a new 6-bolt hub and rotor. My 4-bolt pattern hayes 6" rotors are now obsolete, or were within months after buying the bike back in 2001. Anyone know where to find this rare part, or suggestions on other solutions? My LBS found me a non-hayes 4-bolt rotor a year or so back, but it was much thicker than the hayes rotor and wouldn't fit into the caliper, so had to send that back. It was grimeca or magura, I can't recall which.

The rotor drag is noisy but if I lift the rear and spin the wheel by hand, it will spin for 10-15 seconds (30 turns or so) before stopping, so the rotor warp isn't too bad, it's just annoying and makes me feel slow(er).

Bear
    XC in SD
    I believe Hope still makes, or can make, a 4 bolt rotor. I use their rotors with my Hayes brakes without a problem. They can even do custom lettering in the rotor! Give them a call.
    [size=1][size=2]USA Sales
    Hope Technology Inc.
    40234 Dutton Street
    Cherry Valley, CA 92223
    Phone: (+1) 909-769-1654
    Toll Free: (+1) 800-303-6863
    Facsimile: (+1) 909-845-4467[/size][/size]
    [size=2]
    E-mail: info@hopetech.com [/size]