• 12-14-2012
    StumpyElite2010
    Any reviews of the Reynolds Carbon Wheelset ?
    Any review posted yet ?
    I'd like to get some info on these and a comparison wIth the the Stan's Arch and the ST Swiss Tricom XM1550 wheelset.
  • 12-16-2012
    norty_mtb
    When i got my 2013 I kept my Enves and put the Reynolds on the 2012 that I sold to my buddy. He had trouble with spokes coming lose and completely undone. Reynolds took care of him with new spokes, but something to check.
  • 12-16-2012
    StumpyElite2010
    Thanks for the info.
    And once the issue with the spokes was resolved, how were the wheels ?
  • 12-17-2012
    norty_mtb
    I'll ask him, he lives 1500 miles away now so we don't ride together anymore
  • 12-18-2012
    BoostN7
    Stumpy I like your signature lol.

    Cannondale Scalpel 29C1
    Niner One9 SS
    Cannondale Flash29C2
    Specialized Stumpjumper Expert FSR 29er 2x10 for Sale <-------- hahahahahaha
  • 12-18-2012
    StumpyElite2010
    hahahaha - don't have enough room in my garage for all the bikes.
    (note that I mimicked the color of the bikes with the colors of the fonts..:))

    The SJ is really for sale, but I am waiting for the spring so I can get more for it.
    And BTW, it is in EXCELLENT condition...
  • 12-18-2012
    Spinning Lizard
    I had the tricons last year and now the Reynolds - so far the Reynolds have been flawless and very stiff.
  • 12-18-2012
    StumpyElite2010
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard View Post
    I had the tricons last year and now the Reynolds - so far the Reynolds have been flawless and very stiff.

    The Tricons are stiff as well , but heavier at 1900 grams.
    Do you feel a substantial or small difference in performance ?
    Do you believe that it's worth upgrading with a fee of approx $1000 (going rate on eBay) ?
  • 12-18-2012
    Spinning Lizard
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by StumpyElite2010 View Post
    The Tricons are stiff as well , but heavier at 1900 grams.
    Do you feel a substantial or small difference in performance ?
    Do you believe that it's worth upgrading with a fee of approx $1000 (going rate on eBay) ?

    Nope, It is not worth $1000 over the Tricons. My Tricons were very durable wheels but I could not handle the weight - my actual weight was 1980g.I believe the hubs to be better then the Reynolds as well. If I needed a new wheelset and did not have one, I would choose the Reynolds over the Tricon.

    If I were to lay that much cash out - i would look to a P321 with a carbon hoop.
  • 12-18-2012
    StumpyElite2010
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard View Post
    If I were to lay that much cash out - i would look to a P321 with a carbon hoop.

    Thanks for clarifying it - will make me think trice before shelling the dough...


    What's the advantage of the P321 over other hubs ?
    Front is probably the same as it is just a bearing housing...
    The P321 set is approx $500.00 - :madman:
  • 12-18-2012
    norty_mtb
    I have P321 with enve hoops. The freehub engagement is outstanding on them. They use the same freehub body as the I9's. Not sure they roll quite as smoothly as my old DT240's but the engagement more than makes up for it. Customer service at P321 is outstanding.
  • 12-18-2012
    Spinning Lizard
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by StumpyElite2010 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying it - will make me think trice before shelling the dough...


    What's the advantage of the P321 over other hubs ?
    Front is probably the same as it is just a bearing housing...
    The P321 set is approx $500.00 - :madman:

    No other hub I have had runs as smooth with a high POE. In the stand the wheel rolls for a long time, similar to a AC hub, but with the POE of an I9. Also they are a bit lighter then the I9. Regret selling the ones I had last year. I would lace them to some of the Chinese carbon rims. You are right on the front being just a bearing housing though.