Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    11 is one louder than 10

Any Machinists in the house - Hollowgram + XX1...

So I really dig the XX1 idea.

I also dig my Hollowgram cranks.

So what I would really dig if someone out there could machine up some spiders for the hollowgram cranks that would work with the XX1 bolt pattern.

Cannondale may end up doing that here at some point, but man I'd love to have someone machine some up.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Italians already have great solution- Carbon Ti X-monorings
    Superior TEAM 29
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

YT
    mtbr member
    I thought XX1 has a very specific front tooth configuration that holds the chain securely. Chain has to be lined up with the two big teeth to run correctly. How will carbon ti x rings work with xx1? Anyone tried it?

N.T
    mtbr member

mtbr member
    It'll happen if it hasn't already. If you really have your own vision...

Experimental Prototype

11 is one louder than 10
    Yeah, ordered one from Matthais today... though wish I would have ordered that itailian one, it's half the price.

Doesn't look to be a great way to order that one from Italy. Man, that would have been much more affordable.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    i currently ride on 33T monoring from CarbonTi with a ShiftUp chainkeeper on 1x10 setup with 11-36T XX at the rear wheel

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant View Post
    Yeah, ordered one from Matthais today... though wish I would have ordered that itailian one, it's half the price.

Doesn't look to be a great way to order that one from Italy. Man, that would have been much more affordable.
    i keep this sentence in mind. well focused in mind,

11 is one louder than 10

Wasn't looking to upset anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by eliflap View Post
    i keep this sentence in mind. well focused in mind,
    Sorry to upset anyone. Wasn't my intent. Not quite sure how that upset you? Looks to be a great option just wish there was an easy way to order it from Italy. There isn't an English translation or conversion on that website. That makes it more difficult.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    if you scroll the page , you can found the italian flag and the Union Jack, in the Carbon-Ti web site ...

( and only english version is now working , so "no traslation" is a true lie ! please check it before write )

but , sure , worldwide there ar lots of companies more trusteable ... who is so crazy to trust in a company with some parts on Burry Standler, Chistof Sauser bikes ? ...

some pics only for show how Sauser can be crazy to trust in this company ...

i try to forward him your tip. via the Carbon-Ti managers ...

( hoping Carbon-Ti allows me to use their pics )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Machinists in the house - Hollowgram + XX1...-2012susi5.jpg  

Any Machinists in the house - Hollowgram + XX1...-2012susi2.jpg  

11 is one louder than 10

lost in translation

Eli,

Something is lost in translation here, but ultimately my intent was not to insult or cause an issue. I don't roll that way. Has nothing to do with any trust in carbon-ti etc. I was NEVER referring to Carbon-Ti or their website.

I was referring to THIS website that had been mentioned earlier that I don't see any english translation.

Spider per Singola XX1 - SI Cannondale - Guarnitura Capo - SHOP Online www.leowheels.it

So, at this point I'll move on.
    Last edited by Green Giant; 12-10-2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: link

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Leonardi does not use english language , 'cause he is tall and big and he believes everyone must know italian ...

mine it's a joke , but i don't know why he uses only our languages and he does not ship abroad ( i did it for him in some cases helping some mtbr forum users )

however , Leonardi is know as the many-many-years-of-experience italian Lefty and Headshok clinic ...

as you can see , he has in his site many components , done specifically for Cannondale.

sorry , i understood Carbon-Ti , however i have to defend my national products, especially the ones i am using or used and the ones i trust in.

and the italian's reputation too.

PS : i am not related with any company. i am only a Lefty lover since 2002.

LA CHÈVRE
    Eliflap: tell Leo the italian economy would be much better if they allowed us to buy his parts. I'd love that XX1 spider and I'm sure I'm not alone! I know Matthias is working on a Hollowgram-XX1 spider too but his stuff is not as well-made, as durable and as finished-looking as Leo's stuff...

Or is it a scheme to force me to make a trip to Italy?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

11 is one louder than 10
    Well, I e-mailed with Leo, and he was willing to ship to the states but needs a bank transfer as opposed to paypal and the price was a lot more than on the website.

I did order from Matthias, but do agree that piece Leo has is nice looking and affordable (on his website at least!)

Definitely a market for those.

mtbr member
    You guys should work out something with Eli. Get him to buy them for you, send them to you as a "gift" so you don't pay custom fees, etc. Figure something out.

YT
    mtbr member
    I have ordered from Leo.it using EliFlap as the middle man. Several times actually. Thanks again Eli.
    Anyways, any chance on getting a price in English dollars for the XX1 spider, and price to ship for me again. Thanks again. Let me know if pm is easier

11 is one louder than 10
    Quote Originally Posted by YT View Post
    I have ordered from Leo.it using EliFlap as the middle man. Several times actually. Thanks again Eli.
    Anyways, any chance on getting a price in English dollars for the XX1 spider, and price to ship for me again. Thanks again. Let me know if pm is easier
    Id consider this also, maybe we can save on shipping with a group buy of sorts. Leo quoted me about 145 euro which seemed high based on what the price looks like on the website. That said I may be missing something.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant View Post
    Id consider this also, maybe we can save on shipping with a group buy of sorts. Leo quoted me about 145 euro which seemed high based on what the price looks like on the website. That said I may be missing something.
    I'd be in for one

11 is one louder than 10
    Eli got back to me and the price was for two, so pretty fair all in all. Bank transfer is a bit of a hassle but I may order them up. Have a local guy that says he will give it a shot also. But Leo seems to have it down.

Happy Trails
    Does anyone know where I can get a 104/64 mm Hollowgram spider to convert a Truvativ /Sram XX 39-26 tooth front chain ring setup to 38-24 chain rings ? Does anyone have a ready-mix solution for this?

Happy Trails
    Update: The 2013 Ultimates are shipping with both Hollowgram spiders : 120/80mm BCD installed and 104/64mm in the parts bag. Nice. (Still a little crazy how much he Ultimates cost, but the curve ain't linear....)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott In MD View Post
    Update: The 2013 Ultimates are shipping with both Hollowgram spiders : 120/80mm BCD installed and 104/64mm in the parts bag. Nice. (Still a little crazy how much he Ultimates cost, but the curve ain't linear....)
    All of the '12 and '13 Ultimates ship with both spiders, the 104mm is meant to run 1x10 and comes with a 36t single MRP ring and chain guide. It does indeed still have the 64 bcd holes as well. You could probably hit up any Ultimate owners for one if they're not using it....PM

mtbr member
    Trauma, do you know whether Cannondale are working on an xx1 spider?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Any update on an XX1 spider easily available in the US?

Go ride!
    Dec 2011
    Anyone interested in ordering the Hollowgram XX1 spider? We are putting together a group order.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast