mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Any good coil leftys for the rush?

Some times air leftys make me miss the lefty max with tpc that I had on my prophet.

So it got me to thinking. Are there any good coil sprung leftys out there for the rush? Perhaps an earlier model of the max which I think was a 5 inch fork?

I wonder if I can convert my lefty carbon sl to ti coil with TPC.

LA CHÈVRE
    The 2008 Lefty Speed Carbon Fox RLC is coil sprung...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Except its probably really expensive.

mtbr member
    I understand that there is a Fox coil/oil set up coming that will drop
    inside the DLR2's , eliminating their air spring .
    I'm just waiting for pricing

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    thanks for the info!

Unit 91
    An MSRP price on the Lefty Carbon Fox RLC is $1399.99 I believe. Pretty pricy but a sweet fork.

mad aussie
    You could probably get a good price for your Carbon DLR on ebay and put that towards a Fox version, but I would bet the outers are the same, if you can get the Fox "guts" most likely they would just replace the SL damper. I will have to ask Ted at Cdale next time we are on the phone with a tech issue.
    According to Cannondale Tech the Carbon SL has a "platform" built into the damping to provide some bob control as it is aimed at racers. That plus the air spring is why it isnt as plush as a coil/TPC. The Fox RLC version is supposed to be the trail riders fork, much plusher over the small stuff. I used to have a Fox Vanilla RL, it was a great plush fork, but without the lockout on it was a pogo when standing.
    No free lunch with suspension.

kevin

Ridin' dirty!
    If you want a coil sprung lefty for your Rush i think the cheapest way would be to get a lefty Max and reduce it to 110 or 120mm.
    Now I don't mean to only install a spacer like on the 29'er conversions to have it bottom out early...
    But if you put shorten the stock spring or maybe get the one from the Fox version folks mention here and then put a spacer inside the oil chamber on top of the small negative spring you'd be good to go.
    If you do that you pretty much have the "European Version" of the Lefty Max which I believe it's called the SL version that is on the Prophet SL .
    If you don't feel comfortable disassembling the lefty yourself ask Mendon I bet he can modify it for you.
    It's pretty easy.
    Or if you'd send it to cannondale they can do it too during a regular tune or something.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    You could probably get a good price for your Carbon DLR on ebay and put that towards a Fox version, but I would bet the outers are the same, if you can get the Fox "guts" most likely they would just replace the SL damper. I will have to ask Ted at Cdale next time we are on the phone with a tech issue.
    According to Cannondale Tech the Carbon SL has a "platform" built into the damping to provide some bob control as it is aimed at racers. That plus the air spring is why it isnt as plush as a coil/TPC. The Fox RLC version is supposed to be the trail riders fork, much plusher over the small stuff. I used to have a Fox Vanilla RL, it was a great plush fork, but without the lockout on it was a pogo when standing.
    No free lunch with suspension.

kevin
    Hey kevin, let me know what ted says about a swaping out the SL guts with the fox guts. That sounds like my best option.

Members who have read this thread: 0