mtbr member

any bearing slop w/ Rush??

The single-pivot design of the Rush looks pretty darn solid. But it also seems that all the lateral stress and twisting forces placed on the swingarm during hard riding would transfer directly to that one pivot. For those of you who have been riding on a Rush for a while, have you had any reliabilty issues at all with the rear end ("play",damaged bearings, shock mounts, etc.....above and beyond "normal wear and tear")? And yes, I know the simple, single-pivot design is proven, but I'm interested in its application to the Rush, specifically. (bike-shopping homework ) Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    After one 18 mile ride mine is tight and brand new! I know that doesn't count. The lbs I got mine from carries Trek, Fisher, and C-dale. I have a very good relationship with them and the service guys steered me toward the rush. The rear suspension according to them is..simple, effective and bulletproof.

mad aussie
    I had a year of riding lots of miles on my alloy before upgrading to a Carbon without any issues. I know of a couple of people with three years on their Rushes. It is a fairly beefy main pivot so the loads seem to be well distributed.
    If you did get any play, or the bearings became contaminated it would be a fairly simple job to switch them out.
    The more stressed linkage bikes with their smaller bearings seem to be more susceptible in that regard.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I needed to replace the lower shock bushings on my '06 Rush. They cost next to nothing and they were easy to change. THis was after a lot of abusive racing w a clyde size rider. Everything else has been fine.

Bryan

mnt bike laws of physics
    go-pirates, Way more reliable than multi-pivots!
    I have a 2005 Prophet and a 2007 Rush and have taken the Prophet apart once to check and everything is great.
    Actually, it was a great selling point for me. I had a 4-bar before and it was constant maintanance. As awdjunkie said below, the only issue is replacing the shock bushings.

mtbr member
    Actually, it was a great selling point for me.

And it's a great selling point for me as well. In fact, it's what drew me to the Rush in the first place. It's still at the top of my list, but again, I just wanna do my "homework" before I buy.....
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by go-pirates
    And it's a great selling point for me as well. In fact, it's what drew me to the Rush in the first place. It's still at the top of my list, but again, I just wanna do my "homework" before I buy.....
    Thanks for the replies, guys.
    No problem gp, It is good to think things through carefully before making such an important purchase. Take as many test rides as possible too. The right bike can make such a huge difference.
    cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Pivot trouble

Interestingly I just put my 2 years old Rush 1000 in for a regular service and it turns out the bolt thru the main pivot is cracked (!) and needs replacing. Haven't got details yet, but am waiting on Cannondale to supply the part. Should see it tomorrow. I can't believe I didn't notice anything and am very glad nothing failed as I was charging down a road at 50kmh the other day.
    I'm 88kg, but I ride quite light so I'm thinking this is unusual. I'd still recommend the bike