mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Any advice re LX front derailler on 05 Prophet

Hi,
    I'm having no end of trouble fine tuning my '04 LX front derailler for the Truvativ Stylo cranks on my '05 Prophet 1000. In the small chain ring the chain rubs against the bolt at the bottom of the derailler arm and in the big chain ring I'm unable to get it far enough across to stop it rubbing against the outside of the derailler arm? It operates alright but it drives me nuts listening to the continual rub of metal on metal. Is this a common problem with this set up? Is there a fix or should I transplant mt XT cranks from my GT to the Prophet and / or buy a new front derailler?

Thanks
    GT

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    did you try raising or lower the FD?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Ditch it and go 1x9. As soon as i get some bashrings and slightly more powerful legs I plan on trashing (read: ebaying) my LX FD and shifter. Front derailleurs are nearly impossible to tune correctly. As a rule they suck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Mine has been just fine through the stock trueaitive crank and race face crank, both 3 ring setups. I would take it to a wrench if you can not figure it out. Ya, nothing is suposed to rub. Or creek.