mtbr member

Another salute to the Lefty Master!

I did a partial rebuild on my lefty max last year. Recently my fork started to leak oil and I wanted it done right before my much-anticipated trip to Colorado in a couple of weeks. I Fedexed my fork to Craig on Monday. He shot me an email on Wednesday saying the fork was done and on it's way (for a ridiculously low price IMHO). I received it yesterday and it's now my bike and feels as smooth as ever.

Fours days and $40 with shipping! That's just awesome. It saved me from spending a night fiddling around with it and I know the work done was top notch. Thanks Craig!

BTW I wish I was closer to you. I would be sending my bike over you for any work instead of the yahoos around by me

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I so hate to say this, and I know it streches the boundaries of decorum to discuss $ *but*, I'm going to yap anyway:

A rebuild takes time and certainly someone with as much experience at it as Craig is going to be able to be quick and thorough. But it still takes time. Then there's the price of materials. Even if we're just talking some seals, Phil's tenacious, spring grease and some Maxima, that's something.

Then there's handling - even if it takes 5 minutes to package, print a shipping label, process payment, etc., that's still time.

$40 is *so* dirt cheap it is crazy. Craig, I know the cost of living is fantastic in central NY. But give yourself a raise!

mtbr member

Agreed

My business bills out at $55 dollars an hour. My mechanic charges $80 per hour.

And the fact that Craig takes pride in his work and does an excellent job. I know I personally would not have a problem paying more. I just spent $75 on contacts LOL!

mtbr member
    Yeah, I think next time I get one of those "how can he do it for so little $$?" bills from Craig, I'll just add on a little tip. Seriously!
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)