Thread: Angry Asian :)

Music & Bikes
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

o<o NYC pebble jumper!
    Well... what is your take on it? If you are going to be so cunning and post a link, at least interject your opinion on it.

Music & Bikes
    For all the people who say that since Cannondale is outsourced , their product are not as good.

I would't post this if I'd disagree , don't you agree ?
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Not as good? It's just as good. If not better. But defining the parameters of that is tough...

For those with a MUSA fixation, I think it comes down more to jobs, local economy, carbon footprint, wanting fair income distribution (workers being able to support their families, as opposed to nothing mattering but "greater profitability for shareholders") and a host of other, intangible things that really don't matter when your butt hits the seat.

I far prefer to support businesses that make things here, but to be a dinglewad about it gets you nowhere, buying stuff periodically that isn't MUSA is just a sad fact of life nowadays.

It's also interesting that I find myself more bothered when products that were made here, aren't anymore (but still cost the same, (if not more) but that's a separate issue all to itself), than a product that was always made elsewhere.

Say, oriental carpets. If they were made here, I'd consider them knockoffs, no matter how well made.

Things come from certain areas. Once they are made elsewhere, it's likey because someone figured that they could make a buck.

I like my rugs Iranian, my Vespas Italian, my Cannondales Pennsylvanian, my Brooks saddle British, my maple syrup Northeastern, my Katana Japanese, etc.

No reason any one country/region should be making everything for a single market, and if they are, it's because some soulless asshat is getting wealthier than they probably deserve, morally.....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

o<o NYC pebble jumper!
    I would have to agree to certain points... Moving production to a foreign country has and will only benefit large corporations... Production in Asia can be done more efficiently and cost effective, all the while maintaining a quality product. They perfected mass production, however if you ask them to design and build from scratch, you would be left out in the cold.

Sure if it was MUSA, I would have no problems purchasing as yes it helps support our local businesses, and helps someone locally put food on the table and pay their bills... But really if it did... What would you have to deal with on the occasion? Labor unions that sometimes bleed companies while leaving workers high and dry.. That is when production is moved overseas or worse case scenario... closing doors.

But it is what it is.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Unions are as much a part of the problem as management.

Both are too greedy for their own good.

Unions were useful at one point, and I don't begrudge them that functional purpose.

But both sides now stand in the way of good folks making an honest buck.

Heard a story on this somewhere, and one commentator was saying they were all in favor of competition and it's impact on markets, but only if it's fair. This is where China et al, fall off. Of course it's cheaper if you don't pay a living wage, take care of your employees health benefits, etc.

Their pricing provides an unhealthy, unfair advantage.

All this said, many companies over there provide good jobs at living wages, with benefits. Those companies produce products that are more or less comparable in price to their US competitors. At that point, it becomes an environmental issue, as it costs a lot of energy to get said products to our soil, and our earth, and kids futures, deserve a wiser approach at that juncture.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com