mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Airspeed Dual Pump

So I just bought a Cannondale Dual Airspeed pump ($60 msrp). Supposed to work (switchable) with filling tires (high volume/ low pressure) and setting shock pressure (high pressure/ low volume). Also a built in digital pressure gauge. Sounds pretty good right, All in one package, less to tote around on the trail. Well first impression is it's junk, tried to set the pressure on my Headshok Ultra and it did nothing, basicly wasn't pushing any air into it. I haven't tried to fill a tire yet, but the stoke is so short on the pump it appears it will take a VERY long time to fill a big volume tire to a decent psi. I also have a Fox rp23 I'm going to test it out on.

Anybody else have this pump? Post your experience, maybe I got a lemon. I'll post again when I try it out with the rest of it's functions.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Just tried the pump on a Fox Float R I have sitting on my desk. It's "stuck down", but still registers air and technically works. Pump worked, but took a LONG time to fill to 200 psi from zero. Every stroke netted about 3psi gain, that is assuming the built in digital gauge is accurate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    i remember a while back someone had an early one/prototype, and they had serious problems with getting it to work as well...it is a very new product, Cannondale just got them in beginning in April, so hopefully they can work the kinks out...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It was me who had the prototype pump and yes I had the same problems. Doesn't pump my headshok up but try pumping any other fork up and it gave no problems.

I bought this to help but haven't tried it yet...

http://www.topeak.com/products/detail/261