Be about it!

Ahh...Swingarm Pivot Bolt Stripped!

Yesterday I was just cleaning my bike and wanted to lube the swingarm pivot because I heard some creaking from that area.

As I was unbolting it I noticed that it got harder to unsrew when it should've gotten easier. But I was able to to take off the bolt without too much problems. After cleaning the area and lub'ing it I wasn't able to get the bolt started. So I look inside the recv'ing end and sure enough it was stripped. I tried a little more, but decided not to make it worse.

I go to 2 Supergo stores, they are the only dealers in my area, and they are WHACKED! No help. The bike is 2nd hand so they're being about as helpful as Cannondale.

Does anyone know where I can find this replacement bolt? Has anyone gone the self-tapping route?

Thanks.
    Moe

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I share your pain. I had the same problem and was only able to remove the nut by cutting it off. My LBS was able to order a new one from C'dale. Took about 2 weeks and cost me 5 bucks. It is a pretty weird bolt with a long shank and short threaded section not likely to find one elsewhere.