mtbr member

Advice requested Trigger 29er 1 vs Trigger 29er 2, which do u recommend

I have had a chance to ride a Trigger 29er 2, but not a Trigger 29er 1, which should I BUY AND WHY? Good points/bad points of each, Any other full suspension 29ers in same price range you feel are better, Your opinions are requested..Thanks

mtbr member
    But at the top of your budget$. If you can afford the Carbon Lefty Max you will not regret it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I had the same dilemma earlier this year. Buy the trigger 29er 1. I wasn't sure I'd made the right decision after I ordered it... but when it arrived and I saw it for the first time... wow... that Lefty Supermax is pretty startling at first sight.

mtbr member
    Are u near oswego, ny?, if so where did u buy your trigger 1 from?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Awood1 View Post
    Are u near oswego, ny?, if so where did u buy your trigger 1 from?
    Yeah, I am in Oswego. I work part time at (The Bikery), in Baldwinsville. That's where I got mine. PM me if you want more information.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Hey G, what's your 1 weigh in at?

Just pulled the Trigger, sorry, old, tired joke, but I've never said it before about a purchase, and this just seems so right

Figured I can't get a SuperMax by itself, I'll buy the damn bike.

Got all the info I needed, but weight. I assume it came "tubed, as opposed to tubeless set up?

OP? Yeah, spend the $ get the Max, no question about it.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    Hey G, what's your 1 weigh in at?

Just pulled the Trigger, sorry, old, tired joke, but I've never said it before about a purchase, and this just seems so right

Figured I can't get a SuperMax by itself, I'll buy the damn bike.

Got all the info I needed, but weight. I assume it came "tubed, as opposed to tubeless set up?

OP? Yeah, spend the $ get the Max, no question about it.
    Well, that's a good question Craig. I have not been inclined to weigh it. The shop people tell me it's around 31 lbs. I will tell you that when I climb with it in the 80 mm mode it feels as light as my Trek Superly carbon. The only time I notice any weight is when I lift it off the bike rack. When you ride this bike you don't even think about weight. It just goes. The climbing is crazy and then you flip the switch and hang on to your ass going down hill. You will LOVE it.
    Oh yeah, it comes stock with Hans Dampf's and Crest rims, tubed. When I pulled the first tire off to get the tube out I discovered it was all set up with Stans rim strips so no need to remove the entire tire. Just pop one side off and yank out the tube. This was the easiest tubeless set up I ever saw. 2 scoops of Stans install tire and hand pump to normal pressure. The tires seated with a loud bang before I got to 20 psi. I think I could run these without sealant they are so air tight.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Cool, I heard it was under 30, but that was from my rep, so.......

Not that I'm an actual, serious weight weenie, just curious really.

Yeah, I run the 'Dampf's on another rig, they are super solid and do set up like nobodies business.

First Can o Ale since "the change". Really bought it for the fork, but I'll beat the sh*t out of it for a while and see how it rolls.

First order of business though, electrical tape masking for all the hideous green!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I like the green! I even bought a new hydration pack in the same color to match (mmm... maybe that is a bit pathetic)

Mine is a large Trigger 29er 1 set up with XX1 front crank (1x10 - no chain guide and haven't lost a chain yet!), eThirteen TRS+ wheelset (stripped original front wheel to reuse Lefty Max hub), and Reverb seatpost. I'll attempt tubeless in the next few days and put it on the scales. The 1x gear system really suits the Trigger 29er 1.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Mendon....my large 1 weighed 30.6 lbs with Time ATAC 8s...and a DT 240 hub and XTR cassette.
    I put on Eaton carbon bars and a Fizik Antares 00 and got rid of the tubes ( they are heavy duty ) and it sits at 28.8.
    I'm going to get rid of the front derailleur and go single up front...and switch over to some formula R1 brakes ( maybe...the XT are really good.)

Russmu66....do you know what Q# your cranks is? 156 or 168?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I went with the Q168 cranks. I figured 156 would be too narrow.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by russmu66 View Post
    I went with the Q168 cranks. I figured 156 would be too narrow.
    Thanks. That is what I figured. It looks like it might fit...but I lready whack my ankles on the seat stays...so 168 it is. That will take a little more weight off.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    Mendon....my large 1 weighed 30.6 lbs with Time ATAC 8s...and a DT 240 hub and XTR cassette.
    I put on Eaton carbon bars and a Fizik Antares 00 and got rid of the tubes ( they are heavy duty ) and it sits at 28.8.
    I'm going to get rid of the front derailleur and go single up front...and switch over to some formula R1 brakes ( maybe...the XT are really good.)

Russmu66....do you know what Q# your cranks is? 156 or 168?
    So without tubes and a little stans in there I am probably at 30#?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gcappy View Post
    So without tubes and a little stans in there I am probably at 30#?
    The tubes that were in my bike were around 200 grams each...beefy.
    I just put a Specialized Captain Control 2.2 in the rear...which is a 120 grams lighter than the Hans, and should roll a lot faster. I like the soft Hans up front...but the harder compound one on the rear wasn't doing it for me..it would spin on wet rocks and roots.