mtbr member
    May 2008

Advice Please for UK biker 29er - Flash

Thanks for reading

As I live in UK and we are years behind on access to up to date Cannondales(never even seen a 29er Cannondale!) I would like some advice from those far better informed please.

Here is my problem:

I have been riding my Taurine Team Edition for a couple of years very happily.

Last summer tried a cheap aluminium On One 29er with no suspension 9 gears and mechanical brakes.

I was blown away with the ride,so quick,comfortable and confident.

Kept trying the Taurine but if felt far too small and did not give the same confident feel.

So I put together a Bianchi 29er aluminium frame ,ridgid carbon forks,9 speed good spec bits and feel that I can go faster on 90% of terrains than on the Taurine.

The only place it struggles is on black runs with hard packed bricks were your wrists and hands are reduced to pulp.Lack of suspension.

Should I get riser bars for the Taurine and give it another try ?

Or

Should I look for a Cannondale 29er carbon frame and swop the Taurine bits over?

If so Carbon or Aluminium?

Should I put my Lefty carbon on the frame.

Should I look for a full suspension 29er?

Sorry for all the questions but I am sure the readers will have experience of many bikes.

Should have said I am 6 feet 7 inches,225 pounds and ride an XL size or 63cm Super Six.

Thanks

Steve

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Buy a cheap flight to Milan

Rent a car , buy a Flash 29er and put into the car and return home , visiting north of Italy , Suisse, Liechestein, and France

Drive in the right side of road , be careful

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Sounds like you found the right bike in the one-one. Not sure which frame you rode but the on-one got 10/10 and awarded best bike 2010 (or was it '09?) in I think mountainbike magazine and if memory serves, is the only bike to ever get a 'perfect' rating. I forget if it was the 'scandal' (29er), Inbred or the '456' (26") frameset but dont focus on it's decidedly pocket friendly price, those on-ones are as real a deal as anything out there. Original designer now does the Ragley bikes..also highly regarded!

If the on-one felt so great why not go for it? U wont have to travel far to get it either as it's a native Britton!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hi Eliflap

Thanks

Can you recommend a shop.

UK cannot even give me a delivery daate!

Moozh

Yes it was a Scandel.

Great bike but I am not sure if its much better than the Bianchi.

Think I am going towards Flash Carbon 29er and swop my carbon Speed lefty over

Cheers

Steve

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Which size ? And model ?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Flash Carbon

XL

Frame would be better than full bike as would swop gear from taurine however realise its easier to get a full bike

Will look at all options

Thanks

Steve

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Frame only not available, it's like mission impossible of tom cruise

FIRENZE rulez !!
    sorry XL size all sold ...