mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Advice on Lefty DLR break rotor sizing

Hi Folks,

I am riding a 02 Jekyll 800 , do anyone know the correct size rotor for the DLR ?
    171 or 178 MM ? The 02 comes with the old 4 bolts hub whick make it very hard to find a right rotor for the Magura Julie.

If anyone have a 4 bolts magura julie rotor or a lefty 6 bolts hub for sale , may be we can make a deal.

Thanks all .. a fellow C'dale rider

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The rotor is the standard 6" - 160mm. A bike shop should be able to get you a rotor either fom magura or hayes, they also makes a 4 bolt rotor because they speced them on a jekyll one year

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Magura rotor on DLR

Tks for the reply , but the 160 mm is on the back , the front is a bigger rotor , I see the number 171 stamped on the rotor , but if anyone is using a 178 mm on a Lefty DLR , I would love to hear your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by coolatt
    The rotor is the standard 6" - 160mm. A bike shop should be able to get you a rotor either fom magura or hayes, they also makes a 4 bolt rotor because they speced them on a jekyll one year

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Interesting. Try this, http://www.magura.com/english/frameset/default.htm

Then contact your Cannondale dealer and if that doesn't work contact magura. Magura has great customer service from my previous experience.

Click lonnie@magurausa.com if you have a technical problem and if you live in North, Central or South America, Canada or the United States

I ride therefore I am.

Depends on the caliper...

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyTO
    Hi Folks,

I am riding a 02 Jekyll 800 , do anyone know the correct size rotor for the DLR ?
    171 or 178 MM ? The 02 comes with the old 4 bolts hub whick make it very hard to find a right rotor for the Magura Julie.

If anyone have a 4 bolts magura julie rotor or a lefty 6 bolts hub for sale , may be we can make a deal.

Thanks all .. a fellow C'dale rider

It's not the DLR that decides the size rotor its the magura juliette front caliper which requires a 171mm, a CODA Expert will also take a 171mm.
    I have a Magura Marta front and rear both 160mm.
    You can usually find a disc on ebay fairly reasonable $15.00.