Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Advantage of Lefty ELO above the Lefty carbon DLR?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jaryr 
#1 ·
I have right now a scalpel 3000 with a DLR carbon lefty. I can get a new ELO lefty for approx 600 euro (brand new!). Is this worth it, are there other differences then the electric lockout part. It looks handy. I can always sell my DLR lefty; no problem at all.
Please advise

Jeroen

#3 ·
OK, I heared also from a cannondale respresentative here in Holland, that they will stop the ELO. He said that it needs frequent maintance.
It is a nice toy, the electric lockout. I think that is all. There isn't any differnce inside the suspension?

#6 ·
One other difference...

damion said:
The difference is the ELO motor. The company that is makes the motor is no longer making making the motor. Skip it.
you lose the external rebound damper adjust with the ELO. Agree with the others, stick with the DLR.

#7 ·
i was talking to a cannondale rep (half a year ago) and he told me that there were alot of the motor was not meeting the troque requirement and cannondale having problem with the company who make the motor. so they will not make anymore elo lefty. i'm not sure if they have change their mind since then. i will not get it cause once you have a problem with the motor, you will not able to get a replacement. the ELO is nice but it is best to stick with a simple lever lockout.

#8 ·
On my 2001 Jekyll with ELO Lefty I had to replace electronic board twice, first time it was covered under warranty, second time it cost me $120 CAD. I have never used locking riding off road trails; it is useless on technical single track. I have to admit I used it a lot when riding on a road, especially on up hills. My new 2004 Jekyll came with Lefty Max and sometimes I wish I had my old Carbon Lefty ELO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.