mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Adding Fox Talas to Cannondale Rush

Hey all -

I justed started considering selling my Lefty fork on eBay and replacing it with a Talas and wanted to get your thoughts! I know the Rush is mostly considered an XC bike (though close to AM), but I do more AM riding than XC these days.

I love the lefty but feel like I could use a bit more than 110mm travel up front (w/ 120mm in back), so I'm considering getting the 110-130-150mm travel adjust Fox Talas to replace my Lefty ... has anyone ever done this before and if so, would they recommend doing it? Should I worry that I'm putting an AM fork onto an XC bike?

Thx!
    Kevin

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    You may want to go here:

http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng/Instructions

and open the Rush owners manual supplement. The maximum recommended fork length is 500mm. If the Talas doesn't exceed that, you may be OK.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have been considering the same thing. I think even going to 120mm travel fork would make a big difference. I notice that in Europe they are offer the carbon rush with a 2010 Fox Fork FIT 120 with a custom 1.5 steerer and 15qr. I think that would be a great fork or maybe the new 2010 120mm lefty. Has anyone compared the difference between the fox 120 vs the 110 lefty?