mtbr member
    Feb 2011

700c Badboy wheels on a 2007 F3 Caffeine

Hey i was just wondering if it was possible for me to install 700c x 28 wheels on my stock F3. I basically just want to purchase some 2007 Badboy ultra wheels and have them installed on my F3. I know the 2007 Badboy ultra has a Furio frame, almost the same frame as the 2007 F4s and F5s. Will this work or should i just buy some slicks for current wheels?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I have a 2009 F3 with slicks on the stock wheels, but I'm curious about this too.

I can't post links yet, but I saw in the Fseries/Caffeine Picture thread about how a guy put 700c wheels on his F800. Do 700c wheels fit a 26" Caffeine frame? I'm not sure what the differences between these bikes are, but does anyone know if it is possible to put 700c wheels on the F3?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Okay I have been gaining a ton of info by doing a lot of research, here goes nothing. "Do 700c wheels fit a 26" Caffeine frame?" Yes they will and yes 700c wheel will fit on the F3. In fact all mountain bikes can be outfitted with the 700c wheel as long as you use a tire that clears, and does not rub, the BB shell and the inner part of the fork. However, the only tires that will do this on a standard 26" frame are primarily road/cross tires.
    2007 Cannondale F3