mtbr member

6'3"...what size Rush?

I test rode a large Rush and thought it was a pretty good fit, but there wasn't an XL available to ride. The L actually has an inch longer TT than what I'm riding now. I didn't look like a circus bear riding a pit bike (always a good thing), and I like riding the smallest frame possible as long as it fits, due the flickabilty (is that a Webster's word?) and quick handling. But I want to get the best possible fit. Any, er hum, gangly riders out there with some words of wisdom? 34" inseam with reasonably proportioned torso (a "compact 6'3" ", if you will). Thanks.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'4" and I ride an XL (2007). For me, the top tube felt really long, so I run a 90mm stem to compensate (probably could have used a 100mm instead), and it feels pretty good.

I, too, have a 34" inseam. My stock seatpost is at the max height extension, but again, it fits fine.

Unit 91
    I have a 34" inseam at 6'3" and I ride an XL too with a 100mm stem.

El Pollo Diablo
    ditto what TheProphet said
    (though I'm 6'3'' and change )

mbtr member
    I'm 6'3 and found the front end way too low on the xl, once i had the seat up where i'd ride it. Cannondale doesn't have longer head tubes for bigger bikes, so i think us tall people are better off looking elsewhere, or figuring out some drastic stem solution.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    6'4" on an XL, 35 inseam. I'm running a 90mm, 20 degree rise stem and a 2" riser bar, it took me a while to get it set up right (the front end is very low, the XL comes stock with a 130mm stem, I swapped to a 110mm then a 90mm), but now it is spot on. The post is at max extension and I could still probably do with another 15mm or so but it's ok.

Great bike for XC riding btw, but it is quite long and handling is a bit ponderous in single track. Goes like a rocket uphill and on the flat though.

mtbr member
    I'm starting to second-guess myself now with the large. But rather than getting an XL and swapping to a (way) shorter stem, wouldn't I do just as well to ride the L? I mean the TT is only an inch (25.4 mm) shorter than the XL.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    L with a longer seatpost, XL with a shorter stem? If you can fit on the L comfortably I'd always go for the smaller size

One other thing - you can get a longer steerer (to raise the front end) for the bonded Lefty Speed DLR2, though not for the bolted.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm happy on my L at 6'2".
    However, a lot of my height is in my legs, so if that's not the case for you then an XL may be better with it's longer top tube.

As others have mentioned, the front end can be a bit low for tall riders since the headtubes are not longer on the bigger bikes.
    I solved this by swapping for some higher rise bars.