Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeyrider View Post
    Have a look at the pictures of the Scalpel-SI at this year's Cape Epic.
    You cannot compare the alloy to the carbon version. They are a little bit different.
    Thats why we are wondering about the non existing mount.
    For sale:
    - Cannondale 2x Spider XX 120/80

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrizzzz View Post
    You cannot compare the alloy to the carbon version. They are a little bit different.
    Thats why we are wondering about the non existing mount.
    Yes, they are a little bit different, but I can't see any reason for not having this second mount.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Hi Mod Dates

Anyone know the most recent availability dates for a Medium Hi Mod Carbon 1, Team or Race?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeddog69 View Post
    Anyone know the most recent availability dates for a Medium Hi Mod Carbon 1, Team or Race?
    Dealer website doesn't show any future availability for the Carbon 1, or Race. There's a 12/30/16 date for 13 Md Teams. Black Inc shows 2 avail in February.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdv5789 View Post
    How tall are you to ride the small (27.5)?? Whats the weight of the bike tubeless with the pedals? Thanks for the info
    I'm 5'8" with a 29-30 in inseam. I weighed the bike now at 25.6. I have a CatEye computer mounted (including mount) on stem, and the sensor mounted to the front brake caliper using a small metal bracket I fabricated so as I could use the computer. I also have a Crud Buster front fender mounted on the downtube so each of these add at least some of the weight.
    2017 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 (27.5)

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Found pictures that show an alloy with the second cage mount! 😉
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BJGKLUXDwR6/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BLHgcXBAVHb/

mtbr member
    Thank you! Thats we were waitin for
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Blumm View Post
    Found pictures that show an alloy with the second cage mount! 
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BJGKLUXDwR6/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BLHgcXBAVHb/
    It looks like L and XL have it. I saw size M yesterday in my LBS and there was no second cage mount.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafu View Post
    It looks like L and XL have it. I saw size M yesterday in my LBS and there was no second cage mount.
    I don't know about the alloy, but the medium Carbon 2 I test rode had two bottle cage mounts.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    It was alloy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Anyone tried re-dishing their race wheels to the new 6 mm offset to fit the new Si's? Want to know if I can use my old race wheels on my new scalpel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant123 View Post
    Anyone tried re-dishing their race wheels to the new 6 mm offset to fit the new Si's? Want to know if I can use my old race wheels on my new scalpel.

you should be fine re dishing them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've redished my Rise 60 and Rise XX to 'Ai' offset. Took all of 10 minutes. Now using them interchangeably with my 2017 SuperX and 2016 F-Si. Still waiting for a Scalpel-Si.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Anyone know the most recent availability dates for a small 650b Team or Race? Have been waiting for long long time......

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scalpel226 View Post
    Anyone know the most recent availability dates for a small 650b Team or Race? Have been waiting for long long time......
    U.S. Dealer inventory shows 5 Teams, and 3 Races in stock ready to ship right now. That may be the last of the 17 Races - no future availability is listed. The Team shows a handful more in December, and 15 more in February. There are a couple Black Inc's in small available now too.

Where are you located?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier lord View Post
    Is there anyone with a black inc version? i would love to know the exact weight
    22.1 lbs with front derailleur and shifter removed wolf tooth 32 cambo spider and ring eggbeater 11 pedals. RR 2.25 non snakeskin front. 2.25 TB SS rear 2 scoops of Stan's. Bars cut down to 700. Everything else stock.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Is anyone having good luck with bottle cages? My Arundel sideloaders are super tight to get bottles in and out on a medium size frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    hello all

i have czero sl whells on scalpel si carbon1, and i want change cassette xt to sram xx1.
    anyone said what is the model of the xd body for this whell ?
    thanks
    sorry for my bad english

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dreicha View Post
    Looking for aftermarket 36T chainring. What is the best option?

And what manufacturer is rear hub (carbon 3) . Looking for upgrade shimano driveshell to xx1
    The new XX1 offset is 6mm. That's the same as the Absolute black SRAM GXP version cranks and the 36t and up cyclocross version chainrings.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Here's the info Cannondale gave me on XD driver for the hollowgram/formula hub wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    As far as the XD driver goes - I called my rep, he says they do have the XD driver for that particular hub and they do swap out. Pretty sure that hub is made by Formula. cannondale part number your dealer needs to ask for is KP420. Some googling says that is formula freehub FH-538 - but good luck finding one anywhere. Formula is kinda hard to find repair parts for.
    Quote Originally Posted by moktish View Post
    hello all

i have czero sl whells on scalpel si carbon1, and i want change cassette xt to sram xx1.
    thanks
    sorry for my bad english

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    thanks a lot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moktish View Post
    hello all

thanks
    sorry for my bad english
    I made the switch to an XD driver but it was quite a hassle. You can get the XD driver (through your LBS but made by Formula) but the trouble was getting the right end cap. The driver comes without an end cap and the trouble is C'Dale only delivers XD end caps for 135 mm axles. Fortunately, my LBS had an end cap from a previous CZERO wheelset (albeit in an ugly purple color :-) so the problem is solved. I am running Sram Eagle XX1 now on my Scalpel 1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 Scalpel Count-Down-scalpelsi29-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    And its worth the update

NICE ONE! Clean it and make great new pics.
    For sale:

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayba View Post
    I made the switch to an XD driver but it was quite a hassle. You can get the XD driver (through your LBS but made by Formula) but the trouble was getting the right end cap. The driver comes without an end cap and the trouble is C'Dale only delivers XD end caps for 135 mm axles. Fortunately, my LBS had an end cap from a previous CZERO wheelset (albeit in an ugly purple color :-) so the problem is solved. I am running Sram Eagle XX1 now on my Scalpel 1.
    You are running XO1 Eagle.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    You are running XO1 Eagle.
    No I am not, except for the XG-1295 cassette

The Crow
    Have spend some time on one recently: GREAT BIKE

First Ride Review: Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3

2017 Scalpel Count-Down-ccs-62657-0-77174600-1476296982.jpg
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I just noticed there's a new model added. Non Hi-Mod frame, SID world cup fork, XO1 Eagle. Interesting!

Scalpel-Si Carbon 2 Eagle Cannondale

mtbr member
    May 2016
    In the European market cames with lefty. I think it's only in US, the SID WC.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_yeti View Post
    I just noticed there's a new model added. Non Hi-Mod frame, SID world cup fork, XO1 Eagle. Interesting!

Scalpel-Si Carbon 2 Eagle Cannondale
    Quote Originally Posted by gonxme4 View Post
    In the European market cames with lefty. I think it's only in US, the SID WC.
    No - that bike is not available to US dealers. If you look at the URL for that link it is cannondale.com/International - I'm guessing it is Europe/Asia product.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayba View Post
    No I am not, except for the XG-1295 cassette
    Or the XX1 Eagle chain.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    No - that bike is not available to US dealers. If you look at the URL for that link it is cannondale.com/International - I'm guessing it is Europe/Asia product.
    Today Cannondale site is buggy. Last week you cloud have found that Scalpel SI "orange" had 1x12 with lefty in the EMEA market but with SID in the US. Let them fix the website.
    (If you go to the Scalpel SI page, it will say no results found).

Edit: Site back on!!

EMEA: Scalpel-Si Carbon 2 Eagle Cannondale

International: Scalpel-Si Carbon 2 Eagle Cannondale

I think the US + Canada + Brazil it not yet updated.
    Last edited by gonxme4; 11-14-2016 at 03:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gonxme4 View Post
    Today Cannondale site is buggy. Last week you cloud have found that Scalpel SI "orange" had 1x12 with lefty in the EMEA market but with SID in the US. Let them fix the website.
    (If you go to the Scalpel SI page, it will say no results found).

Edit: Site back on!!

EMEA: Scalpel-Si Carbon 2 Eagle Cannondale

International: Scalpel-Si Carbon 2 Eagle Cannondale

I think the US + Canada + Brazil it not yet updated.
    Yeah - I see that the cannondale.com site is screwy right now - but I'm a US Cannondale dealer, and it does not show up in our ordering system website. If it is something new, they haven't let us know about it yet.

What's bad, is that the Sid-equipped bike will likely be a full pound lighter out of the box.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I initially thought about the Sid equipped bike being lighter too. It will be, but potentially by not as much as first thought (or with a trade-off).

It is listed as SID World Cup XX. In the recently announced lighter SID this is not an aftermarket offering. So I suspect one of two things.

1 - Rock Shox had excess stock of the old SID which was available as a World Cup and XX version. Cannondale bought them cheap for this bike. Compared to the new SID this will be a 150gram heavier fork. Then consider the heavier hub, need for extra thru axle, heavier headset and you're at less than half a pound.

2 - Cannondale have commissioned a custom run of SIDs with the new chassis (where the weight savings are) to still combine World Cup and XX options. The negative of this is the loss of the charge damper. I don't believe the XX cartridge works with the charge damper. So it'll be lighter but you're getting an underperforming fork versus current technology.

I hope I'm wrong but I'd definitely be clarifying before buying to ensure I knew what I was getting.
    Last edited by aussie_yeti; 11-17-2016 at 03:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_yeti View Post
    I initially thought about the Sid equipped bike being lighter too. It will be, but potentially by not as much as first thought (or with a trade-off).

It is listed as SID World Cup XX. In the recently announced lighter SID this is not an aftermarket offering. So I suspect one of two things.

1 - Rock Shox had excess stock of the old SID which was available as a World Cup and XX version. Cannondale bought them cheap for this bike. Compared to the new SID this will be a 150gram heavier fork. Then consider the heavier hub, need for extra thru axle, heavier headset and you're at less than half a pound.

2 - Cannondale have commissioned a custom run of SIDs with the new chassis (where the weight savings are) to still combine World Cup and XX options. The negative of this is the loss of the charge damper. I don't believe the XX cartridge works with the charge damper. So it'll be lighter but you're getting an underperforming fork versus current technology.

I hope I'm wrong but I'd definitely be clarifying before buying to ensure I new what I was getting.
    You know - it makes some sense - I just ordered a '17 Habit 4 for a customer today - comes with a Revelation in 120mm travel, which is a flavor of the Rev that SRAM doesn't list as a stock configuration. Also in the USA Habit line, the shift from Lefty 120/130's to Pikes/Revelations for this year.

I'm almost wondering if Cannondale and SRAM have had to do some horse trading to offer Eagle XX1 and X01 on their US bikes.

I'm thinking that there are multiple reasons for some of these "custom" builds of SRAM suspension.

regardless - that non HM Eagle/Sid Scalpel Si bike still does not show up as available to a USA dealer for ordering, as of right now at least, there are no USA-market Scalpels that aren't Lefty-equipped.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Ok- now the Scalpel2 Eagle is available for US dealers - it is the Sid equipped version. Retail is $6599.99

mtbr member
    Does anyone know if there is an online retailer that sells the 2017 scalpel-si derailleur hangers and shock hardware?

P.S. It is also kind of sad to see Cannondale taking the lefty off their bikes. Maybe they are trying to appeal to the Lefty haters out there.

mtbr member
    in Europe they does have spare-parts in stock.

KP432 - Schaltauge Scalpel-SI

KP435 - KIT LINK Hardware Scalpel-SI

KP433 - Shock Bolts Scalpel-SI

even the Carbon Link:
    KP437/29 - Scalpel-SI Carbon Link
    For sale:

mtbr member
    I'm hearing that there's a lot of turmoil in the container shipping industry due to one shipping line (Hanjin) going belly up and the effects are being felt globally. Wonder if that is part of the change in availability.
    Did the delivery dates for the Si also changed in the US?
    + 2 months on several models. I lost the interest
    No bike for the upcoming season until february is ****.
    Have been riding on a Alloy SL-2 for the past few years and have been wanting to get a new ride. I was on the fence to get an FS-i or SI. Decided on the F to give hardtail one good last try before making the switch to FS.

I attempted to order an F-Si 1 on Oct.17th
    Was told it was on backorder untill mid November.
    On Oct.31st I was told the bike would not be available till December.
    I pulled the plug since I dont do much winter riding and realy wanted to get a solid month out of a new bike before it gets down to freezing temps.

I asked the shop to check status on the SI-5 (Scalpel Alloy) and they say its "In Stock"
    Said in-stock bikes usualy are recieved at the shop in 3-5 days. On Nov.3rd I say Do It! hoping that i will have a bike to ride by the following weekend (the 12th)

Well here I am 26 F'ing days later and all I have is word from the shop that they have several 2017's that should be ariving "any day now"

At this point i could have ordered the damn F-Si that I wanted in the first place.

Ohh well, you get what you get. This has given me time to work some overtime to stash away $$ to actualy pay for the bike. Also, I'm glad I ended up going with the scalpel after reading some reviews that equate it to "the closest a FS will get to a hardtail" Im fast, I like my hardtail, and I want a fast bike that can simply iron out some of the rough stuff. I cant wait for this thing to arive.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Recently received my new scalpel si carbon 2. Noticed on the rear wheel thru axle that there is a gap. Anyone know if this is supposed to be there or has it cracked?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 Scalpel Count-Down-img_0047.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperDom View Post
    Have been riding on a Alloy SL-2 for the past few years and have been wanting to get a new ride. I was on the fence to get an FS-i or SI. Decided on the F to give hardtail one good last try before making the switch to FS.

I pulled the plug since I dont do much winter riding and realy wanted to get a solid month out of a new bike before it gets down to freezing temps.

I asked the shop to check status on the SI-5 (Scalpel Alloy) and they say its "In Stock"
    Said in-stock bikes usualy are recieved at the shop in 3-5 days. On Nov.3rd I say Do It! hoping that i will have a bike to ride by the following weekend (the 12th)

Well here I am 26 F'ing days later and all I have is word from the shop that they have several 2017's that should be ariving "any day now"

At this point i could have ordered the damn F-Si that I wanted in the first place.

Ohh well, you get what you get. This has given me time to work some overtime to stash away $$ to actualy pay for the bike. Also, I'm glad I ended up going with the scalpel after reading some reviews that equate it to "the closest a FS will get to a hardtail" Im fast, I like my hardtail, and I want a fast bike that can simply iron out some of the rough stuff. I cant wait for this thing to arive.
    If the bike is in stock at Cannondale then probably the hang up is Cannondale ran out of 2Spring upgrades. If your LBS has extra they maybe able to get it shipped and do the upgrade in house. Mine was delayed because of this.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Normal

mtbr member
    norty_mtb, Are you saying that they sent mechanics to the warehouses to open up sealed boxes and perform maintenance on the bikes? I thought that was left up to the LBS?

Im in the USA. I assumed that the bikes came off the assembly line on the other side of the world and were shipped in-box directly to the few warehouses over here. When they arrive at the warehouse it shows up on the LBS computer as in-stock. They order it and it ships out the next day.

Am I wrong in my assumption and its just individual parts that get sent to our warehouses where they have techs that build up and box the bikes?

I'd rather have the bike to ride for a month then do the 2spring upgrade myself when it becomes available. I'll be easy on her untill then... I promise

mtbr member
    Could someone please verify the handlebar specifications for me?
    Backsweep angle being most important, but rise & up-sweep if possible as well.

Also, what is the angle of the stem & does it ship with three spacers below like i've typically seen on other cann mtbs?

Trying to get an overall idea of body/hand location as i'd like to take advantage of holiday specials and order a carbon bar but dont want to stray to far from the stock specs(overall reach) besides perhaps moving a tad lower.

The stock bar on my SL-2 has 15degrees rear sweep & a bit of up-sweep and I'd like to try something different. Curious if the Scalpels bar has gone to 9deg sweep like i'm seeing on a lot of aftermarket offerings...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    norty_mtb, Are you saying that they sent mechanics to the warehouses to open up sealed boxes and perform maintenance on the bikes? I thought that was left up to the LBS?

Im in the USA. I assumed that the bikes came off the assembly line on the other side of the world and were shipped in-box directly to the few warehouses over here. When they arrive at the warehouse it shows up on the LBS computer as in-stock. They order it and it ships out the next day.

Am I wrong in my assumption and its just individual parts that get sent to our warehouses where they have techs that build up and box the bikes?

I'd rather have the bike to ride for a month then do the 2spring upgrade myself when it becomes available. I'll be easy on her untill then... I promise
    Correct on the 2-spring upgrades happening in the warehouse - when Cannondale sent out the notice about the 2spring to dealerships, at the same time ALL lefty equipped bikes in the dealer ordering system were marked as "out of stock" while they went through and upgraded everything that was in stock in the distribution warehouse(s). I was literally ordering my Habit the day this happened. The day before it was "In Stock" with 25+ available in my size, the next morning it was "Out of Stock", and I had to wait about 2 weeks before it was put back into inventory.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

No - the bikes come from overseas as a unit - I'm not aware of any "final assembly/packaging" happening stateside. If so - then I have some bones to pick with their final assemblers - cause Cannondales are becoming one of my least favorite bikes to assemble out of the box. Wheels are badly tensioned, suspension pivots not properly greased or torqued, brake cables ridiculously long for the frame they're on, dropper posts with a mile of extra cable. Back in the 90's, when everything happened in Connecticut and Pennsylvania, those bikes came out of the box near perfect.

Also - I've order several bikes for customers in the last few weeks - Every one of them has been dispatched and delivered to the shop in 4-5 days if they showed "In Stock" in the system.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

I don't know anything about your shop - but something is screwy there. When Cannondale shows future availability for a bike that isn't in stock, dealers can still put that bike on order, which then reserves one of those future-avail bikes for that particular ship date.

So - if there were 5 available for a Nov. 15th ship date, and 5 shops say they want one, then that November availability option goes away for everyone else. Now all that is available is the December shipment, and again, your shop has to actually put one of those on order, or someone else might snap all of them up too.

I don't know what size you need - but all sizes for the Scalpel 5 are in stock, right now except for XS. If I ordered one right now, there's no reason it shouldn't be in my hands by this time next week.

mtbr member
    Something IS screwy with my shop, unfortunately I had to order through a relatives friend(out of state) as a favor. Turns out its a mom/pop shop and the oldtimer that runs the place is not very good at communicating with his suppliers or customers. If i was dealing with my LBS then I would have been stopping by the shop every few days to get the latest and I know that they are on the up & up so at-least I would be informed about the situation. I feel like my hands are tied behind my back but given the overall situation I unfortunately didn't have a choice in the matter...

Thank you very much for all the info. This 2spring thing is really annoying.
    I still don't understand where the mechanics are coming from that are working on these bikes at the warehouses. I've worked in the shipping/warehouse business before and know that in many cases the employees there do not need to have any knowledge of the product being stored & distributed besides its size/weight/barcode.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Something IS screwy with my shop, unfortunately I had to order through a relatives friend(out of state) as a favor. Turns out its a mom/pop shop and the oldtimer that runs the place is not very good at communicating with his suppliers or customers. If i was dealing with my LBS then I would have been stopping by the shop every few days to get the latest and I know that they are on the up & up so at-least I would be informed about the situation. I feel like my hands are tied behind my back but given the overall situation I unfortunately didn't have a choice in the matter...

Thank you very much for all the info. This 2spring thing is really annoying.
    I still don't understand where the mechanics are coming from that are working on these bikes at the warehouses. I've worked in the shipping/warehouse business before and know that in many cases the employees there do not need to have any knowledge of the product being stored & distributed besides its size/weight/barcode.
    So just to answer that question - most of the bikes ship from Olney, Il, which is also where Cannondale/GT's customer service/warranty/repair/service facilities are. Cannondale has a dedicated suspension shop for Lefty support there, and the 2spring work itself isn't that hard, so most all technical/repair folks worked through the whole backstock in about a week.

I really don't think that the current 2spring kit shortage is what's holding your bike up. The new bikes coming from Asia already have the new kit, and anything that was in the warehouse got updated already.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    So just to answer that question - most of the bikes ship from Olney, Il, which is also where Cannondale/GT's customer service/warranty/repair/service facilities are. Cannondale has a dedicated suspension shop for Lefty support there, and the 2spring work itself isn't that hard, so most all technical/repair folks worked through the whole backstock in about a week.

I really don't think that the current 2spring kit shortage is what's holding your bike up. The new bikes coming from Asia already have the new kit, and anything that was in the warehouse got updated already.
    Not all of the bikes have been upgraded. I was waiting on a warranty carbon 2 that was supposed to ship and when I dug in it was because they ran out of 2Springs and were waiting to ship it. They sent the warranty bike and I swapped out the Lefty's. 2Springs will be another week or so before in stock in Olney.

mtbr member
    Update on my situation:
    Called shop today. Was told "the bike is not here yet".

Thats all.

27days and counting since i ordered an "in stock" bike

Sorry to derail this thread. If there is some other general Cannondale thread that all these posts can be moved to then that would be great as im sure that most would like to see Scalpel specific info here...

mtbr member
    Could someone please verify the handlebar specifications for me?
    Backsweep angle being most important, but rise & up-sweep if possible as well.

Also, what is the angle of the stem & does it ship with three spacers below like i've typically seen on other cann mtbs?

Trying to get an overall idea of body/hand location as i'd like to take advantage of holiday specials and order a carbon bar but dont want to stray to far from the stock specs(overall reach) besides perhaps moving a tad lower.

The stock bar on my SL-2 has 15degrees rear sweep & a bit of up-sweep and I'd like to try something different. Curious if the Scalpels bar has gone to 9deg sweep like i'm seeing on a lot of aftermarket offerings...
    Could someone please check on this?

mtbr member
    You mean the specs of the Scalpel Si?

All Bars are 760mm (Black Inc. 740mm ENVE)
    All Bikes have 3 Spacers
    All Bikes have a -/+5mm 1.5 Stem (80mm @medium-size)
    Bars are all flat w/o any rise or up-sweep. Back-Sweep between 6-9 depends on Manufacturer
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Thanks Chrizz

My ordered bike is in and I will picking up tomorrow!!!!

Will be riding northern NJ trails on Sat, and Delaware on Sun & Tues.
    I plan to ride the bike hard enough to break my 2016 strava records and close out the year in the top 10 among local riders. So will def have a lot to report on my riding impressions. First FS bike for me. I'm gonna start with keeping the stock racingralph on rear and throwing a 2.3 FastTrak up front.

mtbr member
    My Team should be there next week, too.
    Gonna make some nice pictures for the com.
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    2017 Scalpel Count-Down-img_3316.jpg2017 Scalpel Count-Down-img_3318.jpgThis my new baby who ride like a rocket. Scalpel-si Carbon 2 XL I upgraded some composant: XTR brakes, Deda superlegera seatpost, Italia SLR-XC saddle, and Ritchey WCS grips, with a nobby nic in front. It come at 23lbs with XTR pedals, not bad! Unfortunately I ride it a couple of times since september, and can't find a good position for me. I have very long legs and short top, did somebody else had this problem? I finally tried a Large this weekend and it feet much better even if the seatpost was borderline long.
    I'm thinking to sell it now to buy the same in Large because I love how it's ride, but not a good deal financialy for me! Will never but a bike anymore before trying it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 Scalpel Count-Down-img_3317.jpg  

mtbr member
    Does anybody know if the small mens 2017 scalpel has 2 bottle mounts?

mtbr member
    Sry, never saw one before.

But my Team *medium* has arrived!
    I just had my first nightride and its awesome like i expacted.

BUUUUT
    - Like other guys with the medium-size the SEATPOST IS TOO SHORT
    I need a 400mm

- The brakingcable inside the tube is slamming against the frame.
    i have to fix it.

- The 760mm bar is definitly too wide for me. I will cut it down to 720mm

- Chainringsizes are no problem. i added to 36t and its possible to go to 38t

The Bike came in with 23 lbs stock (10,4kg)

Now its about 10.5 (but with xtr pedals, titan screws, opi stem, tune seat, etc.)

2017 Scalpel Count-Down-strebeblatt.jpg2017 Scalpel Count-Down-20161209_011611.jpg2017 Scalpel Count-Down-20161208_223703.jpg
    For sale:

mtbr member
    2017 Scalpel Count-Down-20161208_184707.jpg2017 Scalpel Count-Down-20161208_185631.jpg
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by guvna View Post
    Does anybody know if the small mens 2017 scalpel has 2 bottle mounts?
    I built one a couple of months ago, but didn't pay attention to it. If I run across the owner, I'll ask him.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Also - all the online photos of the Women's Scalpel-Si (all have 650b wheels) do not show a 2nd cage mount. So I'm leaning that the 27.5 size frame in total doesn't have them. It's tight even on a medium 29er.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I did a test run on a Scalpel-Si 1 today. What a wonderful bike. Really stiff.

I'm 6´2" (188cm) long and i rode a size XL. The shop owner told me that the XL is the correct size for me.
    Now I have always ridden size L from other manufacturers (coming from Spez Epic) and the Scalpel didn't feel huge. The shop didn't have any L in stock so I couldn't compare the different sizes.

Where is the borderline between L and XL? What do you guys run that have the same height as I have?

mtbr member
    Anyone know what size someone who is around 5'6.5 would ride? I currently have a 2013 Scalpel in medium at it is a bit too big for me.

mtbr member
    5' 8" here 29 inseam and I bought the small and love it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I will say definitely a Small!

Quote Originally Posted by HSracer View Post
    Anyone know what size someone who is around 5'6.5 would ride? I currently have a 2013 Scalpel in medium at it is a bit too big for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjim57 View Post
    5' 8" here 29 inseam and I bought the small and love it.
    Thank you. I was hoping to avoid having to ride a 27.5 but I guess fit is more important

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Definitely try to sit on one. I'm 5'6" with 29" inseam and the medium fits great. If an F-Si is handy, you can use that to make the call. I spent a lot of time on a medium of the previous Scalpel and the fit and feel of the Scalpel-Si a little different.

mtbr member
    27.5 wheels roll along just fine, climbing for me improved, however I am still getting accustomed to rolling over objects. When I rode my camber with a RS Pike 120 I looked for things to ride over, on the Scalpel I look for the areas around them. Might just be me.
    2017 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 (27.5)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_rider View Post
    Definitely try to sit on one. I'm 5'6" with 29" inseam and the medium fits great. If an F-Si is handy, you can use that to make the call. I spent a lot of time on a medium of the previous Scalpel and the fit and feel of the Scalpel-Si a little different.
    I'll definitely ride one before I buy. Tracking one down might be a pain though

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    24.7 lbs for a stock size medium Carbon 3, no pedals
    just ride.

mtbr member
    So after a couple of rides and about 150miles there is nothing bad to say.
    Everthing works well.

Cant wait to race it @the end of february

- Only the 350mm seatpost had to be replaced. there should be a lighter version in a couple of days. (old c2 alloy mounted)

- the enve tubelesstape didnt work that well. i had to put a glossy layer of clearpaint on the rim.

- Changed to OPI stem and other little mods. 22.93 lbs (w 2nd cage)

2017 Scalpel Count-Down-2093856-1yxub8ows57e-cdalescalpelsiteam_003-original.jpg
    2017 Scalpel Count-Down-2093855-pdojf9z1kiv0-cdalescalpelsiteam_001-original.jpg
    2017 Scalpel Count-Down-2093857-8ptnit5v8n1e-cdalescalpelsiteam_004-original.jpg
    2017 Scalpel Count-Down-2093851-cq8awzke7m5g-cdalescalpelsiteam_002-large.jpg
    2017 Scalpel Count-Down-2093854-771qru8ls6rn-cdalescalpelsiteam_005-original.jpg
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    So anyone here 5'11'' with a 33'' inseam? What size frame are you riding? I have a 2016 Scalpel in a Large but I've always been in between sizes. With the changes to the 2017 Scalpel Si is anyone in this body size ball park on a Medium? How does it feel?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JMcKay View Post
    So anyone here 5'11'' with a 33'' inseam? What size frame are you riding? I have a 2016 Scalpel in a Large but I've always been in between sizes. With the changes to the 2017 Scalpel Si is anyone in this body size ball park on a Medium? How does it feel?
    Im your size, and have a similar problem. On a giant (pre 2017) i can ride either medium or large, mostly getting a large to have the longer top tube. I have the large scalpel carbon 3. Feels great. Havent been on the old scalpel in any sizes for comparison. I was worried it would be long but doesnt feel long in the top tube at all.

mtbr member
    I am 6" with 34" and got the medium. (Need of 400mm seatpost)

The Large one was in my optinion not that agile for my style of riding.
    I had the same size for the F-Si.
    For sale:

mtbr member
    5'-11" Here
    L frame on my Cann SL hardtail
    L frame on my 17 Scalpel

My preference when between frame sizes is to go bigger.
    I would rather have my seat adjusted a bit forward on a L as opposed to rearward on a M. The more forward seat pos. gives be a climbing advantage, and I like the extra 1" of reach & wheelbase to be able to move around on the bike and have increased stability at speed.
    I ride XC and love fast descents.

I could see someone that regularly rides stuff that is tight/twisty going for the smaller frame if they are between sizes. Also, if your planning on running a handlebar that is different enough from the OEM location/dimensions then that could effect your decision.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I am 6" with 34" and got the medium. (Need of 400mm seatpost)

The Large one was in my optinion not that agile for my style of riding.
    I had the same size for the F-Si.

wat...the heck??? I'm 5'9 with 30.5" and i'm getting a medium. 0.o
    just ride.

mtbr member
    Chrizzz, it is not clear whether you are 6' or 5'-6"

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'm 6'2, 32" inseam, and ride a size large F-Si HT and it fits perfect. I always ride a size L even though I could pull off an XL. Feels great just like my Spark and Epic.

mtbr member
    Maybe the measurement and the metric shit doesnt work.

I am 1,83metre with 86cm of inseam.
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm 5'7" saddle height of 27.5" or 70cm. I ride a medium, I couldn't even imagine riding a small, the reach would be way too short.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Scalpel-Si Carbon 1 (Large) on order. Can anyone provide details of the stock spec. for the following:

- Stem length
    - Crank length
    - Rear derailleur - GS or SGS

Has anyone converted to a 2x11 yet? If so, what setup did you go for?

mtbr member
    Scalpel HM Carbon1 Large:

- 10,9kg
    - 90mm Stem
    - 175mm Crank (std.)
    - Derraillleur should be GS. but i dont really know/see it exactly.
    - FYI the wheels are the Czero SL! with 1450-1480g!!!
    Not the std czero with 1680g
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Scalpel HM Carbon1 Large:

- 10,9kg
    - 90mm Stem
    - 175mm Crank (std.)
    - Derraillleur should be GS. but i dont really know/see it exactly.
    - FYI the wheels are the Czero SL! with 1450-1480g!!!
    Not the std czero with 1680g
    Does anyone know if the rims are the same between the Czero SL and the standard Czero? I was thinking of rebuilding my standards with different hubs and spokes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quick question for all you 2017 Scalpel Si owners....

Had a lovely Carbon 2 on demo a month or more back and jumped of a curb during a road section linking up forest trails.. when the front wheel landed I felt a large vibration through the fork/bar/frame aswell as a loud metal against metal sounding "klonk" noise!!

Yes the fork/shocks were locked out but never felt anything like this befor from a locked out fork!!

Anybody else out there felt this or was it an isolated case..... ????

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Hi all!
    Anyone knows the out of box weight on a Scalpel Si Carbon 2 Eagle with large frame?
    I heard 25.5lbs bit that cant be right?

mtbr member
    If you compare it to the carbon1 HM it could be correct.

Frame ca. 150g+
    Fork 50-100g+
    Wheels 200g+
    Cassette 50g+
    Derrailleur and trigger -50g
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    If you compare it to the carbon1 HM it could be correct.

Frame ca. 150g+
    Fork 50-100g+
    Wheels 200g+
    Cassette 50g+
    Derrailleur and trigger -50g
    Seems right. But the lefty carbon fork isnt it the same that the other higher models have?
    If i look at the spec on Cannondale website its the same?

mtbr member
    Jep, sry!
    Thought it would be the alloy one.
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilj View Post
    Hi all!
    Anyone knows the out of box weight on a Scalpel Si Carbon 2 Eagle with large frame?
    I heard 25.5lbs bit that cant be right?
    seems a bit strange, as a Medium Scalpel 3 is 24.7 out of box without pedals. I know it's a medium, not a large, but just seems a bit odd that the weight would go up a pound
    just ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    2017 SCALPEL SI 2 EAGLE specs from site

Frame Scalpel-Si, 100mm, BallisTec Carbon, Zero Pivot seatstay, PF30, 1.5 Si head tube, Ai Offset
    Fork RockShox Sid World Cup XX, 100mm, 51mm Offset, Tapered, 15TA
    Crank Custom SRAM X1 Ai, BB30, 34t
    Bottom Bracket Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
    Shifters SRAM X01, 1x12
    Cog Set SRAM XG-1295, 10-50, 12-speed
    Chain SRAM X01 Eagle 12spd, Powerlock
    Rear Derailleur SRAM X01 Eagle, X-Actuated, Type 2, 12-speed
    Rims Cannondale Czero Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 28hole, 23mm ID
    Hubs CZero Straight Pull TA, 39-point engagement rear, 142x12, 28h (Ai Offset dish - Rear)
    Tires Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29x2.25", folding, tubeless ready
    Handlebar Cannondale C-Zero flat, Carbon, 760mm
    Stem Cannondale C1, 6061 Alloy, 1.5", 31.8, -5 deg.
    Headset Cannondale HeadShok Si
    Brake Levers Shimano XT M8000
    Spokes Grand Forza Double Butted (Ai Offset dish - Rear)
    Grips Cannondale X1 Single Lock Grips
    Saddle Prologo Zero II STN
    Seat Post Cannondale C2 Carbon, Micro Adjust, 31.6x350mm (S,M) 400mm (L,X)

Rear Shock RockShox Monarch XX, 100mm, Full Sprint remote

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by norty_mtb View Post
    2017 SCALPEL SI 2 EAGLE specs from site

Frame Scalpel-Si, 100mm, BallisTec Carbon, Zero Pivot seatstay, PF30, 1.5 Si head tube, Ai Offset
    Fork RockShox Sid World Cup XX, 100mm, 51mm Offset, Tapered, 15TA
    Crank Custom SRAM X1 Ai, BB30, 34t
    Bottom Bracket Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
    Shifters SRAM X01, 1x12
    Cog Set SRAM XG-1295, 10-50, 12-speed
    Chain SRAM X01 Eagle 12spd, Powerlock
    Rear Derailleur SRAM X01 Eagle, X-Actuated, Type 2, 12-speed
    Rims Cannondale Czero Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 28hole, 23mm ID
    Hubs CZero Straight Pull TA, 39-point engagement rear, 142x12, 28h (Ai Offset dish - Rear)
    Tires Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29x2.25", folding, tubeless ready
    Handlebar Cannondale C-Zero flat, Carbon, 760mm
    Stem Cannondale C1, 6061 Alloy, 1.5", 31.8, -5 deg.
    Headset Cannondale HeadShok Si
    Brake Levers Shimano XT M8000
    Spokes Grand Forza Double Butted (Ai Offset dish - Rear)
    Grips Cannondale X1 Single Lock Grips
    Saddle Prologo Zero II STN
    Seat Post Cannondale C2 Carbon, Micro Adjust, 31.6x350mm (S,M) 400mm (L,X)

Rear Shock RockShox Monarch XX, 100mm, Full Sprint remote
    Thats the US version, EU has lefty carbon fork and the rest im not 100% sure of.

mtbr member
    European Carbon 2 model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBNsMjGLwlU

And an Alloy 5 with NO 2nd bottle cage mount!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLvSqW5AAu4
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    What do you think about new internal cable routing on the Scalpel SI? Do you have any cable rub issues between cables, lefty or frame? On some pictures it all looks like a big spaghetti mess!
    2017 Scalpel Count-Down-1.5-inch-headtube-keeps-front-end-stiff.-1024x768.jpg

I am also a bit worried, that because the entry points are in front of head tube, the cables might be deformed and bent because of handlebar movement from side to side and this might influence shifting performance. Other brands for instance put entry points more to the side so it gives bigger bending radius to the cables.
    2017 Scalpel Count-Down-ccs-62657-0-61845500-1476292823.jpg

mtbr member
    Normally not. Its just because of not correct shortened hoses!
    Thats the case in both pictures!

And some hoses are just a little bit twisted. Set them correct and everything is fine.
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You can keep the cable routing pretty clean, although I have a Di2 cable instead of front cable which helps. The only issue can happen if you try to loop some brakes to the moto guard. In my case the Shimano brake pushes the guard in and hits the upper telescope during travel. I am trying a couple different routings. I've gone straight up the back like Chrizzzz's above. Can see how I have it now.
    2017 Scalpel Count-Down-img_2100.jpg2017 Scalpel Count-Down-img_2101.jpg2017 Scalpel Count-Down-img_2099.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Anyone know what offset the standard chainring has on a scalpel-si with sram xx1 eagle crankset?

mtbr member
    Thats correct, but please check the space/height of the the 1st cable clamp!
    If the lefty drops in the fender will rubb against it. There has to be a space of 13cm i think.

The Offset of the Eagle Chainring is 6mm! Standard GXP Offset

2017 Scalpel Count-Down-hoseclamp.jpg
    For sale:

mtbr member
    but Eagle has two versions: Chainline: 52.0mm (BOOST) / 49.0mm

ordered quarq powermeter with boost, i hope it will fit

mtbr member
    But it is not boost.
    For sale:

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The Boost version of a 30mm spindle XX1 powermeter has a 52mm chainline and is designed to mount into a 73mm wide bottom bracket shell.

You Scalpel-Si needs a 55mm chainline and has an 83mm wide bottom bracket shell.

It can work though.

You need to change the driveside spindle spacer to one that is 2mm narrower in order to get the 55mm chainline. Yes narrower, the wider bottom bracket shell pushed your chainline 5mm wider, so now you need to reduce is 2mm.

Then you need to remove the spacer/threaded preload assembly on the non-driveside of the spindle as the wider bottom bracket shell means there isn't enough length on the spindle to accomodate them. You might get away with just the threaded pre-load assembly but most likely that won't fit either. In that case you'll need to fiddle with small spacers and a wavy washer to get the bearing compression right.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast