FIRENZE rulez !!

2015 Lefty

so... 2015 Lefties will be on 4 sizes.

S size, 97mm clamp distance

M size, ... i don't know right dimension, around 108mm

L size, i dont, know right dimension, around 120mm

XL size , 135mm clamp distance

LEFTY 2015 | eliflap

in picture, you can see a S size compared to an actual M size, 135mm, that will be the new XL

frames too, they will have 4 different steerer tube dimensions.

LA CHÈVRE
    Definitely good for 29ers, especially small ones... no more need for -45° stems!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

FIRENZE rulez !!
    sure, especially S and M size frames , actually have a low drop between saddle and bar.

mine too, i have no long legs compared to chest, so my M 2011 Ultimate Flash frame with -17° stem has a low drop.

with new frame and fork, i can gain 15-20 mm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Mmm,.. are they also phasing out the 1 9/16" headshok standard tube diameter?

FIRENZE rulez !!
    inner diameter remains the same

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Not sure that is the case yet for 2015. That photo shows the Lefty SuperMax with the smaller clamp distance vs a Standard XLR Lefty, the SuperMax's are already in 4 different sizes for the Triggers. Of note, the Lefty SuperMax that is spec'd on the XL Trigger has the same clamp distance as the standard Lefty.

Here's something I've posted regarding the sizes in the past...

"The SuperMax does not have the typical clamp spacing as the standard Lefty forks. It's being offered in multiple sizes (4, I believe). So be careful if you're buying one for your Cannondale or any other bike. The SuperMax may NOT fit on any other Cannondale frame so BEWARE if you are expecting to be able to take one from the stock Trigger and put it on another bike.

For example, the Medium Trigger 29er SuperMax will NOT fit on any other Cannondale frame. The medium Trigger 29er has an 11cm head tube and the SuperMax fits the head tube without any stack spacing. So there will not be enough space for it to fit another medium (or S,L,XL for that matter).

Cannondale Head tube length sizes:

S,M,L frame = 13.4cm (Scalpel 29er: 12.2cm+1.2cm spacer = 13.4cm)
    XL frame = 16.0cm
    Trigger 29er: S = 9.7cm, M = 11.0cm, L = 12.2cm, XL = 13.4cm

The regular Leftys are produced with only two different clamp spacings (standard to fit S-M-L frames that have 13.4cm head tube and oversize to fit XL frames that have 16cm head tube).

It appears as if the one that fits the XL will be the one to buy for regular Cannondale frames.

This is confusing, but is good news for those folks who want to buy a SuperMax for a non Cannondale frame and don't wanna have to use a lot of spacers adapting it to a frame with short head tube."

FIRENZE rulez !!

2015 Lefty

Yes , now it' official.
    Not yet available a pic.
    But xc forks has now 4 sizes

iPhone + Topa tant

mtbr member
    Saw the rep last month. 2015 all bikes with Lefties will have different size headtubes and different size Lefties. To make things even more complicated, they will have 4 size Leftys for their new 27.5 bikes (Trigger and Jekyll)

So that will make a total of 12 different Lefty spacings and AC's

I really like the 130mm HT on my large frame, if they change that I will have to buy another brand.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parkincake View Post
    Mmm,.. are they also phasing out the 1 9/16" headshok standard tube diameter?
    You do know that this is not an issue whatsoever for fitting Leftys to non-Cannondale bikes, right? There are 3-4 different companies (Cannondale included) that are selling 1 1/8 and tapered steerer tubes to fit Leftys to non Cannondale frames. I've been running a Lefty on my Yeti for a while. Had it on my Giant before that.

***Edit: NVM. Now that I took the time to read your post, I see you speak of Headshocks, and not Leftys

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    it's not an issue for me, i just wondered. as it seems that a few of the newer cannondale mountain bike's have adopted the 1.5 steerer tube - and i guessed it to be just a matter of time before 1.5 spreads through the entire range. especially as the 1 9/16" steerer tube size was developed to accommodate the (headshok) fatty fork's internals, which now seem to have been side lined.

i am looking forward to seeing what they are developing. 2015 could be a good year to get a new bike, it gives me plenty of time to get working on the wife!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    What do you guys think of putting this on a 2014 Cannondale Tandem 29er? Risky?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I've had a look on Anton Coopers website. he seems to be running without the Xloc in all recent pictures. special damper ? just running unlocked all the time ?