Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    LA CHÈVRE

2015 Cannondales

A thread for the 2015 line…

I'm starting it with the 27.5" Trigger that's being launched as we speak. The SuperMax is 140mm and the rear is DYAD RT2 140/90mm. They're also officially introducing the 27.5" Jekyll today…

2015 Cannondales-1982171_638360719566609_1317189912_n.jpg

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    2015 Cannondales-10156023_750478104976991_1254295073_n.jpg
    and jekkyl 27,5 is 160mm

mtbr member
    all is in line : Overmountain : Trigger 27.5

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    14.3" bb height on the new Jekyll?! The geometry seems quite conservative in contrast to the trend of long top tubes and lower BBs. I guess when you have a guy winning the EWS on your bike, you don't want to mess with things too much.

The builds look good. The value appears to be at the 3 models. Also, I was curious to see if Cannondale would be able to continue to spec a 1.5 steerer on non-lefty forks. It looks like the Pikes are tapered.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Look good, I can't find pricing- have they released that info yet?

Norðwegr

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YodaForce View Post
    Look good, I can't find pricing- have they released that info yet?
    Jekyll Carbon Team - 5999€
    Jekyll Carbon 2 - 4699€
    Jekyll 3 - 3699€
    Jekyll 4 - 2999€

Trigger 27,5" Black Inc - 8999€
    Trigger 27,5" Carbon team - 6499€
    Trigger 27,5" Carbon 2 - 4499€
    Trigger 3 27,5" - 3499€
    Trigger 4 27,5" - 2999€

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by freak6767 View Post
    Jekyll Carbon Team - 5999€
    Jekyll Carbon 2 - 4699€
    Jekyll 3 - 3699€
    Jekyll 4 - 2999€

Trigger 27,5" Black Inc - 8999€
    Trigger 27,5" Carbon team - 6499€
    Trigger 27,5" Carbon 2 - 4499€
    Trigger 3 27,5" - 3499€
    Trigger 4 27,5" - 2999€
    I'm guessing the availability will be... May? June?

mtbr member

2015 Cannondales

Interestingly they have gone with the trigger 29er linkage with the trigger 27.5. Last year in 26 guise it had the Jekyll linkage. Having tried them both I prefer the new trigger style.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    I'm guessing the availability will be... May? June?
    Some Jekyll could arrive as early as April at my LBS in france. So my guess is that because they pretty much let 2013 goes by, that Cannondale will be rather quick for these new 650b's, and don't make people wait any longer. Time will tell!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    nice looking.............

If I bust my RZ140 frame, it's going to cost me some cash to get 650b rims strapped onto my hubs I have now.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Nuts to the bikes, when's that 160mm Lefty hitting after market?

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    650B?

29ers with an eating disorder, how quaint.

Gee, let's follow a useless trend because someone said it was cool so many times the marketing guys started believing it.

Now, if they get off their duffs and stop wasting valuable resources chasing the next "big thing" so as not to be the last one to the party, they'd realize it's already staring them in the face as they blindly ignore it.

Build a damn FatLefty already, and beat all the other slackers to the punch.

Oh, a MUSA line of frames, including a fatbike would be a big way to signal that they are actually paying attention to trends that matter too....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    I'd be interested to see if one could get upgraded dampers for "old" Supermax and Dyad.

Prices are ridiculously high, especially considering what money can buy today if you buy directy.
    For less than what alloy Jekyll 3 costs, one can get something like this.

I mean, SLX/X7/low end wheels on a bike that costs almost €5000... not happy

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    650B?

29ers with an eating disorder, how quaint.

Gee, let's follow a useless trend because someone said it was cool so many times the marketing guys started believing it.

Now, if they get off their duffs and stop wasting valuable resources chasing the next "big thing" so as not to be the last one to the party, they'd realize it's already staring them in the face as they blindly ignore it.

Build a damn FatLefty already, and beat all the other slackers to the punch.

Oh, a MUSA line of frames, including a fatbike would be a big way to signal that they are actually paying attention to trends that matter too....
    Fat bikes with suspension… Isn't it like strapping a couch over the seat of a 1985 Lincoln Town Car?

Edit, added:

Personally, I never 'followed the useless 29er trend' like you say… and I was quite amused to watch some of the women at the Fontana US Cup having trouble to ride confortably on their bikes with too big wheels and too tall front ends for them. If it was me, I wouldn't make 29er bikes in small or medium… Maybe make smalls 26", medium 27.5" and large and x-large 29"… 29er make sense to tall people but when a 5'2" wants a 29er because the industry and it's marketing told him so…

As far as as Made in US… Well, let's not go there, again!

Fat bikes with suspension… Isn't it like strapping a couch over the seat of a 1985 Lincoln Town Car?
    They said the same thing when the "first" fat tires came out.

You know, 26x1.75?

All those hard bodies back in the late 80's were saying the same thing. I love my rigid, why would I want suspension?

Now we've got more squish than a chubby chaser convention.

Strap on some squish to a fatty, and you'll realize what was missing all along!

I take it you aren't fat yet?

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

LA CHÈVRE
    They said the same thing when the "first" fat tires came out.

You know, 26x1.75?

All those hard bodies back in the late 80's were saying the same thing. I love my rigid, why would I want suspension?

Now we've got more squish than a chubby chaser convention.

Strap on some squish to a fatty, and you'll realize what was missing all along!

I take it you aren't fat yet?
    I try not to become fat… and the last mountain bike I got was in 2008, it's got retro 26" wheels! My 29ers are 100% rigid and skinny tired as they're road and CX bikes!

mtbr member

2015 Cannondales

Just noticed the new dyad shocks have sag indicators on them. Wonder if they are retro fit too?

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs010 View Post
    Just noticed the new dyad shocks have sag indicators on them. Wonder if they are retro fit too?
    Yes, definitely.

fc
    IPA will save America

fc
    Here's photos of the Black Inc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Cannondales-trigger-carbon-lefty-supermax.jpg  

2015 Cannondales-trigger-controls.jpg  

2015 Cannondales-trigger-drivetrain.jpg  

2015 Cannondales-trigger-dyad.jpg  

2015 Cannondales-trigger-front-quarter.jpg  

2015 Cannondales-trigger-rear-quarter.jpg  

2015 Cannondales-trigger-rear.jpg  

2015 Cannondales-trigger-side-profile.jpg  

2015 Cannondales-trigger-swingarm.jpg  

IPA will save America

fc
    i got my info from this drone and this dude.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Cannondales-img_3199.jpg  

2015 Cannondales-p3260042.jpg  

IPA will save America

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    i got my info from this drone and this dude.
    Haaa this dude… Salut Jérôme!

mtbr member

2015 Cannondales

No "frame only" or "frame &fork" options?

mtbr member

2015 Cannondales

Jekyll carbon team will be available as a frame w/shock and fork

I try not to become fat… and the last mountain bike I got was in 2008, it's got retro 26" wheels! My 29ers are 100% rigid and skinny tired as they're road and CX bikes!
    And here I thought I was the retro grouch!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

If it was me, I wouldn't make 29er bikes in small or medium… Maybe make smalls 26", medium 27.5" and large and x-large 29"… 29er make sense to tall people but when a 5'2" wants a 29er because the industry and it's marketing told him so…

As far as as Made in US… Well, let's not go there, again!
    I agree 100%. They aren't for all or the small. But, my wife @ 5' 5" says you can pry her steel, straight tubed, medium framed 29er from her cold, dead fingers, so there's that, and she is not one prone to marketing whimsy. Then there's the ridiculous gyrations frame makers have to go through to get standover for the big wheels on small frames ends up leaving them looking like half cooked, re-dried spaghetti. Fugly doesn't begin to do it justice.

But, marketing being what it is, it saw sales, and chased them, just as it's doing now with 650B.

I'm all for products being made in their own country of consumption if you will. I'm American, but not in the vapid, flag waving, screw anything that ain't from my side of the border, bassboat/barbecue/bible belt, the only product worth a damn is one that's made on my soil, way.

I was born into it, (nothing I can do about that) so I'm making the best of it. this said, I do like jobs for my neighbors, and less fossil fuel consumed is always a good thing, and increasingly, the one thing we should all be paying attention to. What's currently happening (and not just the bike industry mind you) is exclusively so some beancounter can justify their existence by getting shareholders increased profitability, and that, I could give a rats a$$ about.

Many companies are finally starting to bring stuff "home" again, around the world, and I'm all for it. Let's start thinking about reduced carbon footprint, across the whole globe.

Imagine if each country had the skills and infrastructure to make all their own stuff for their needs and desires? How cool would that be? Then we could just bring in regional specialties that are unique to an area and unobtainable in your own. As opposed to now, where you can't buy really, much of anything made on your own soil, all because a few developing regions prostituted their citizens labor in the name of the worlds corporate greed.

Sorry, I guess I went there, but at least tried to do so in a thoughtful way!

As for that bike Francois posted, looks good, at least they got the memo about Kawasaki, late 90's EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME green being played out......

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

my church is the woods
    Quote Originally Posted by Marin (CRO) View Post
    I'd be interested to see if one could get upgraded dampers for "old" Supermax and Dyad.
    :
    I contacted Fox yesterday about rebuilding my DYAD RT2 shock with the new spec rebound piston. They said it would be available for an upgrade sometime this summer. So I'm waiting to get my annual service rebuild until then.

LA CHÈVRE
    And here I thought I was the retro grouch!
    I'm no retro grouch, I'm all for 11 speeds, single rings, wiiiiiiide bars, 27.5", internationalization of businesses... I just never liked 29ers, they're slower on the trails I love. My last mountain bike is that old because I ride on the road most nowadays, not worth the investment to buy a new mountain bike for not using it much. I'd love a 27.5" 1x11 Flash Carbon though...

mtbr member
    So , what will come next ?

mtbr member
    What about a new Flash or Scalpel?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando47 View Post
    A 27.5 Flash would be an absolute rocket ship. I wouldn't trade in my Scalpel though.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    . . . . . at least they got the memo about Kawasaki, late 90's EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME green being played out......
    But 'murdered out' black isn't?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando47 View Post
    I've literally just pulled the trigger on a 29er. Not that a 650b would change anything for me. It would be good to see though, you should be able to choose 26/27.5 or 29er but we all know it'll never happen due to the over heads etc. Marketing companies wouldn't be able to convince you that your bike is redundant and therefore you MUST buy a new one.

Buying my 29er has been painful, and a lot of work. My 26er (medium) was slightly too small for me, so I had to really look at the geometry to check it will fit. After 3 days, and talking to lots of fit bods that use all different frameworks, they all agree that the medium is the right size for me in 29er. Although it's only slightly bigger than the 26, it's enough to make it fit. Where as the large would quite simply be miles too big. I'd have to use a 70mm stem, which will all know is impossible with a Lefty. The only catch is that I need to have a longer seat post than the 350mm one provided, you call CSG (Cannondale distributors in the UK) and ask for a longer seat post, of course the answer is no. Can you get me one? No (again). Can you source one from another bike? No, they're all sealed and stored by a third party who aren't aloud to open the boxes. Can you get one me directly from FSA? No, they only make one per bike specifically for Cannondale.

Now, I'm not gunning CSG here, I have had nothing but positive experiences with them, and couldn't sign their praises enough, and I understand the reasons behind their answers... But wouldn't it be nice if you could say "Right I want this, in that size, with those tires, and pink tassels on the bar ends!" Instead I have to buy a whole bike, with parts that don't fit me, or don't match, buy the parts that too fit in addition to the cost of the bike and then sell the old parts to someone on eBay who's fees make the whole exercise rather pointless.... So anyways, I'm going to have to sell the FSA seat post and bars and I have replaced them with the Enve set (oh the pain). The next problem is the fact that I can only buy the Enve kit with white decals, because the stealth black stuff is custom made for Cannondale and you can't buy it after market... so my lovely Enve finishing kit won't match my lovely Enve rims. But don't worry, I can buy new rim stickers, for £5 each..... REALLY?!?!?! Oh, and the rear mech (xx1) is the wrong bloody colour! Who's dumb idea was that? I think the conversation went something like this.

John says: "Hey, I know what'll look cool, lets colour code the group set to go with the bike"
    Derek says: "What about the rear mech boss, shall we do anything with that"
    John says: "Yeah, make it green too, but just for a laugh, lets ship half of them with red detailing"
    Derek says" "TROLOLOLOLOL, YOU'RE MY HERO JOHN!"

Santa Cruz has it right, "customise your bike (including the colour of the rim decals), we'll build it for you and send it out to you". I would love for Cannondale to do the same thing... Or just make the after market bits available... Of course I could just buy a Black Inc and steel the bars and seat post from it.... Admittedly this is a very first world problem, don't come back at me with "People are starving in Africa" because although it's very sad, and I sympathise deeply, it's not relevant to the conversation at hand.

I guess my point is, and I have gone off at a tangent here... is that you should be able to just choose exactly what you want, order it and go. Whether its down to the colour coding or the wheel size, but it will never happen because companies obviously don't want to take the risk of a pile of expensive carbon components/frames sitting in their warehouses collecting dust I guess. We can only dream.

@Mendon, tbh I prefer the frames etc being made in China/Tai-Wan. They're simply higher quality IMO. I've just got a load of Enve stuff though, so we'll see how well it does.
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostN7 View Post
    I've literally just pulled the trigger on a 29er. Not that a 650b would change anything for me. It would be good to see though, you should be able to choose 26/27.5 or 29er but we all know it'll never happen due to the over heads etc. Marketing companies wouldn't be able to convince you that your bike is redundant and therefore you MUST buy a new one.

Buying my 29er has been painful, and a lot of work. My 26er (medium) was slightly too small for me, so I had to really look at the geometry to check it will fit. After 3 days, and talking to lots of fit bods that use all different frameworks, they all agree that the medium is the right size for me in 29er. Although it's only slightly bigger than the 26, it's enough to make it fit. Where as the large would quite simply be miles too big. I'd have to use a 70mm stem, which will all know is impossible with a Lefty. The only catch is that I need to have a longer seat post than the 350mm one provided, you call CSG (Cannondale distributors in the UK) and ask for a longer seat post, of course the answer is no. Can you get me one? No (again). Can you source one from another bike? No, they're all sealed and stored by a third party who aren't aloud to open the boxes. Can you get one me directly from FSA? No, they only make one per bike specifically for Cannondale.

Now, I'm not gunning CSG here, I have had nothing but positive experiences with them, and couldn't sign their praises enough, and I understand the reasons behind their answers... But wouldn't it be nice if you could say "Right I want this, in that size, with those tires, and pink tassels on the bar ends!" Instead I have to buy a whole bike, with parts that don't fit me, or don't match, buy the parts that too fit in addition to the cost of the bike and then sell the old parts to someone on eBay who's fees make the whole exercise rather pointless.... So anyways, I'm going to have to sell the FSA seat post and bars and I have replaced them with the Enve set (oh the pain). The next problem is the fact that I can only buy the Enve kit with white decals, because the stealth black stuff is custom made for Cannondale and you can't buy it after market... so my lovely Enve finishing kit won't match my lovely Enve rims. But don't worry, I can buy new rim stickers, for £5 each..... REALLY?!?!?! Oh, and the rear mech (xx1) is the wrong bloody colour! Who's dumb idea was that? I think the conversation went something like this.

John says: "Hey, I know what'll look cool, lets colour code the group set to go with the bike"
    Derek says: "What about the rear mech boss, shall we do anything with that"
    John says: "Yeah, make it green too, but just for a laugh, lets ship half of them with red detailing"
    Derek says" "TROLOLOLOLOL, YOU'RE MY HERO JOHN!"

Santa Cruz has it right, "customise your bike (including the colour of the rim decals), we'll build it for you and send it out to you". I would love for Cannondale to do the same thing... Or just make the after market bits available... Of course I could just buy a Black Inc and steel the bars and seat post from it.... Admittedly this is a very first world problem, don't come back at me with "People are starving in Africa" because although it's very sad, and I sympathise deeply, it's not relevant to the conversation at hand.

I guess my point is, and I have gone off at a tangent here... is that you should be able to just choose exactly what you want, order it and go. Whether its down to the colour coding or the wheel size, but it will never happen because companies obviously don't want to take the risk of a pile of expensive carbon components/frames sitting in their warehouses collecting dust I guess. We can only dream.

@Mendon, tbh I prefer the frames etc being made in China/Tai-Wan. They're simply higher quality IMO. I've just got a load of Enve stuff though, so we'll see how well it does.
    Whooohoo nice hijack of the 2015 thread! LOL
    I think you're spending too much time on a color match issue than actually riding!
    Go ride!! white enve decal won't make you any slower on the trail...

mtbr member
    Whooohoo nice hijack of the 2015 thread! LOL
    I think you're spending too much time on a color match issue than actually riding!
    Go ride!! white enve decal won't make you any slower on the trail...
    Don't pretend you're not a big bike tart like me, I've seen your bikes I will, when I get it. Which is tomorrow if you're interested

It was kinda on topic, I did admit to going off on a tangent, but who really cares?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostN7 View Post
    Don't pretend you're not a big bike tart like me, I've seen your bikes I will, when I get it. Which is tomorrow if you're interested

It was kinda on topic, I did admit to going off on a tangent, but who really cares?
    Oh I like bikes, and get all the parts I want or need, but will never phone cannondale to complain about colors :-) Nor it would prevent me from going out shredding the trails around. As long as the bikes work, the rest is decoration :-) Hey but that's just my opinion!

PS
    I even went riding yesterday and didn't clean my back after....I'm a rebel now...!!! ;-) and my enve wheels/bar aren't even color matched to my bikes... LOL

mtbr member
    Oh I like bikes, and get all the parts I want or need, but will never phone cannondale to complain about colors :-) Nor it would prevent me from going out shredding the trails around. As long as the bikes work, the rest is decoration :-) Hey but that's just my opinion!

PS
    I even went riding yesterday and didn't clean my back after....I'm a rebel now...!!! ;-) and my enve wheels/bar aren't even color matched to my bikes... LOL
    Didn't even clean your bike...... You tell me off for going off topic, and you don't even clean your bike.... You look after bike, bike look after you my amigo!

mtbr member
    I agree 100%. They aren't for all or the small. But, my wife @ 5' 5" says you can pry her steel, straight tubed, medium framed 29er from her cold, dead fingers, so there's that, and she is not one prone to marketing whimsy. Then there's the ridiculous gyrations frame makers have to go through to get standover for the big wheels on small frames ends up leaving them looking like half cooked, re-dried spaghetti. Fugly doesn't begin to do it justice.

But, marketing being what it is, it saw sales, and chased them, just as it's doing now with 650B.

I'm all for products being made in their own country of consumption if you will. I'm American, but not in the vapid, flag waving, screw anything that ain't from my side of the border, bassboat/barbecue/bible belt, the only product worth a damn is one that's made on my soil, way.

I was born into it, (nothing I can do about that) so I'm making the best of it. this said, I do like jobs for my neighbors, and less fossil fuel consumed is always a good thing, and increasingly, the one thing we should all be paying attention to. What's currently happening (and not just the bike industry mind you) is exclusively so some beancounter can justify their existence by getting shareholders increased profitability, and that, I could give a rats a$$ about.

Many companies are finally starting to bring stuff "home" again, around the world, and I'm all for it. Let's start thinking about reduced carbon footprint, across the whole globe.

Imagine if each country had the skills and infrastructure to make all their own stuff for their needs and desires? How cool would that be? Then we could just bring in regional specialties that are unique to an area and unobtainable in your own. As opposed to now, where you can't buy really, much of anything made on your own soil, all because a few developing regions prostituted their citizens labor in the name of the worlds corporate greed.

Sorry, I guess I went there, but at least tried to do so in a thoughtful way!

As for that bike Francois posted, looks good, at least they got the memo about Kawasaki, late 90's EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME green being played out......
    Amen brother, see my PM, you may find it interesting............
    Klunk on............

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Just curious if you put that pup on a scale before you gave it back
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    any info on new leftys? like proper specs, prices, availability?

I'd like one on my Jekyll '12, don't really want to change the wheel size

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Francis-

Will the Trigger be an overkill ride for Skeggs, Waterdog or is it suitable more for places like Demo?

thx-

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I think I saw an Italian post about changes for the F29 for 2015: Size-specific Lefties, Thru-axle on the rear end of the frame. What else? Internal tubing? Di2-prepared?

mtbr member
    F29 2015 -The perfect bike :
    1-Aero design ,more agressive ,delta tube as Synapse ,
    2-Hollogram carbon ,
    3-Different lefty sizes ,low end front ,more racing ,not necessary 20 degrees stems ,
    4-DI2 ready to mount ,
    5-142 rear axle or an system integration axle ,
    6-Integrated seat post ,its pre historical to see it yet in mountain bikes ,
    7-internal cables or guide cables in the lefty to not see the paint cracks on frames and lefty fork .

ps :Peter denk we dont want an sworks with a lefty saying cdale ,we need a great platform ...

Norðwegr
    These lefties use a new hub right?

Quote Originally Posted by cannondaleportugal View Post
    6-Integrated seat post ,its pre historical to see it yet in mountain bikes ,
    Sounds awful. The rest looks good though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Cannondale has built an enduro race bike with over a year of R&D with the fastest enduro riders in europe and the US. The Jekyll is an enduro race bike and the SoCal/Forum winning 13" bb height doesn't work for balls our enduro racing if you need to pedal. MOST IMPORTANTLY - those geo stats are static on a bike that has 2 different static sag settings. The BB drops close to 10mm and 1degree slacker when in flow mode or 30% sag.

fc

2015 Cannondales

Quote Originally Posted by spartan23 View Post
    Francis-

Will the Trigger be an overkill ride for Skeggs, Waterdog or is it suitable more for places like Demo?

thx-
    Trigger with 140mm travel will be absolutely perfect for the Bay Area. The rear travel can be put to 85 mm of travel so it has a broad sweet spot.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Re: 2015 Cannondales

Quote Originally Posted by moonraker View Post
    I contacted Fox yesterday about rebuilding my DYAD RT2 shock with the new spec rebound piston. They said it would be available for an upgrade sometime this summer. So I'm waiting to get my annual service rebuild until then.
    Maybe I've missed something , but what changes with the new rebound?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    "16 Cotic Bfe

mtbr member
    Does the jeckyll 27.5 carbon 2 have an alu lefty?
    It should, as the carbon1's lefty is listed as carbon while the carbon2's isn't.
    Last edited by savo; 04-09-2014 at 10:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    Does the jeckyll 27.5 carbon 2 have an alu lefty?
    It should, as the carbon1's lefty is listed as carbon while the carbon2's isn't.
    you are right,but there isnt a alu 160mm lefty as far as i know....

and the weight is listed at 1850 g for both

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The Cannondale website says that the Lefty on the 27.5 Jekyll Carbon 2 is carbon too.

Here: 2015 Jekyll 27.5 Carbon 2 - MOUNTAIN - BIKES - 2014 and check under "Specifications"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast