Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2015 Cannondales

124K views 260 replies 98 participants last post by  hazelnusse 
#1 ·
A thread for the 2015 line…

I'm starting it with the 27.5" Trigger that's being launched as we speak. The SuperMax is 140mm and the rear is DYAD RT2 140/90mm. They're also officially introducing the 27.5" Jekyll today…

Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel

See less See more
#4 ·
14.3" bb height on the new Jekyll?! The geometry seems quite conservative in contrast to the trend of long top tubes and lower BBs. I guess when you have a guy winning the EWS on your bike, you don't want to mess with things too much.

The builds look good. The value appears to be at the 3 models. Also, I was curious to see if Cannondale would be able to continue to spec a 1.5 steerer on non-lefty forks. It looks like the Pikes are tapered.

#54 ·
That bike was designed to go fast in an Enduro race setting not shine in the Pinkbike forums. I found the old Jekyll to have too low of a bb for balls out racing and that's why they bumped it up. Watch Clementz and the rest of the team destroy on this bike this season. Not the Santa Cruz dudes with 13" bbs. Also, this bike has a super long wheelbase and top tube. And, the 14" bb is unsagged on a bike that has 35percent sag.

#13 ·
650B? :yawn:

29ers with an eating disorder, how quaint.

Gee, let's follow a useless trend because someone said it was cool so many times the marketing guys started believing it.

Now, if they get off their duffs and stop wasting valuable resources chasing the next "big thing" so as not to be the last one to the party, they'd realize it's already staring them in the face as they blindly ignore it.

Build a damn FatLefty already, and beat all the other slackers to the punch.

Oh, a MUSA line of frames, including a fatbike would be a big way to signal that they are actually paying attention to trends that matter too....

#15 ·
650B? :yawn:

29ers with an eating disorder, how quaint.

Gee, let's follow a useless trend because someone said it was cool so many times the marketing guys started believing it.

Now, if they get off their duffs and stop wasting valuable resources chasing the next "big thing" so as not to be the last one to the party, they'd realize it's already staring them in the face as they blindly ignore it.

Build a damn FatLefty already, and beat all the other slackers to the punch.

Oh, a MUSA line of frames, including a fatbike would be a big way to signal that they are actually paying attention to trends that matter too....
Fat bikes with suspension… :bluefrown: Isn't it like strapping a couch over the seat of a 1985 Lincoln Town Car?

Edit, added:

Personally, I never 'followed the useless 29er trend' like you say… and I was quite amused to watch some of the women at the Fontana US Cup having trouble to ride confortably on their bikes with too big wheels and too tall front ends for them. If it was me, I wouldn't make 29er bikes in small or medium… Maybe make smalls 26", medium 27.5" and large and x-large 29"… :D 29er make sense to tall people but when a 5'2" wants a 29er because the industry and it's marketing told him so… :rolleyes:

As far as as Made in US… Well, let's not go there, again! ;)

#14 ·
I'd be interested to see if one could get upgraded dampers for "old" Supermax and Dyad.

Prices are ridiculously high, especially considering what money can buy today if you buy directy.
For less than what alloy Jekyll 3 costs, one can get something like this. :rolleyes:

I mean, SLX/X7/low end wheels on a bike that costs almost €5000... not happy :nono:

#20 ·
Here's photos of the Black Inc.

Attachments

#43 ·
F29 2015 -The perfect bike :
1-Aero design ,more agressive ,delta tube as Synapse ,
2-Hollogram carbon ,
3-Different lefty sizes ,low end front ,more racing ,not necessary 20 degrees stems ,
4-DI2 ready to mount ,
5-142 rear axle or an system integration axle ,
6-Integrated seat post ,its pre historical to see it yet in mountain bikes ,
7-internal cables or guide cables in the lefty to not see the paint cracks on frames and lefty fork .

ps :peter denk we dont want an sworks with a lefty saying cdale ,we need a great platform ...

#45 ·
Cannondale has built an enduro race bike with over a year of R&D with the fastest enduro riders in europe and the US. The Jekyll is an enduro race bike and the SoCal/Forum winning 13" bb height doesn't work for balls our enduro racing if you need to pedal. MOST IMPORTANTLY - those geo stats are static on a bike that has 2 different static sag settings. The BB drops close to 10mm and 1degree slacker when in flow mode or 30% sag.

#51 ·
I demo'd a JEKYLL 27.5 CARBON TEAM with the Carbon MAX etc today at Glentress in Scotland. The Cannondale guys said that it was the first one in the country and only arrived here a few days ago.

The frame felt very similar to my 26 Jekyll, i was at home on it as soon as i turned a pedal. The guys also let me set up the rear shock to my exact pressures. The frame felt very playful and stiff, but so does my 26 Jekyll ;)

The fork felt really amazing, very stiff, unbelievably smooth and encouraged me to push hard over the rough, drops and jumps. I did a back to back comparison with a SC Tallboy 29er with a Pike, and the Lefty felt every bit as stiff, but smoother ( The SC guys set up the Pike, i never adjusted it at all).

I also rode a TRIGGER 27.5 CARBON TEAM, great bike, enjoyed it, but for me the Jekyll works better as an all-round concept, as it climbs every bit as well as the TRIGGER, but is more capable and fun the downs.

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle part
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork Bicycle wheel rim

#59 ·
I demo'd a JEKYLL 27.5 CARBON TEAM with the Carbon MAX etc today at Glentress in Scotland. The Cannondale guys said that it was the first one in the country and only arrived here a few days ago.

The frame felt very similar to my 26 Jekyll, i was at home on it as soon as i turned a pedal. The guys also let me set up the rear shock to my exact pressures. The frame felt very playful and stiff, but so does my 26 Jekyll ;)

The fork felt really amazing, very stiff, unbelievably smooth and encouraged me to push hard over the rough, drops and jumps. I did a back to back comparison with a SC Tallboy 29er with a Pike, and the Lefty felt every bit as stiff, but smoother ( The SC guys set up the Pike, i never adjusted it at all).

I also rode a TRIGGER 27.5 CARBON TEAM, great bike, enjoyed it, but for me the Jekyll works better as an all-round concept, as it climbs every bit as well as the TRIGGER, but is more capable and fun the downs.

View attachment 884885 View attachment 884886 View attachment 884887
I WANT.

Except, with Enve rims, a CK hub, SiSL2 cranks, Enve bars, and Hope brakes :)

#52 ·
Good to hear they haven't ruined it in every way with the bigger wheels but also I enjoy that you find your current bike as potent as the new so we can still enjoy our babies for a while :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#53 ·
Good to hear they haven't ruined it in every way with the bigger wheels but also I enjoy that you find your current bike as potent as the new so we can still enjoy our babies for a while :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The wheel size and new geometry was barely detectable, which i was very surprised about, maybe spending a lot more time riding one would make it more apparent. The Lefty Max was the difference that stood out, not the bigger wheels. But as much as i loved the Lefty, i'm really not sure it would be worth spending more than double the money that i estimate it will cost in Europe compared to a Pike. Anyone getting a new Jekyll with the 160mm Lefty fitted is going to absolutely love it though, and i will admit im already slightly jealous :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.