Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 189
  1. #1
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,383

    2015 Cannondales

    A thread for the 2015 line…

    I'm starting it with the 27.5" Trigger that's being launched as we speak. The SuperMax is 140mm and the rear is DYAD RT2 140/90mm. They're also officially introducing the 27.5" Jekyll today…

    2015 Cannondales-1982171_638360719566609_1317189912_n.jpg

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: milpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    35
    2015 Cannondales-10156023_750478104976991_1254295073_n.jpg
    and jekkyl 27,5 is 160mm

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: milpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    35
    all is in line : Overmountain : Trigger 27.5

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    37
    14.3" bb height on the new Jekyll?! The geometry seems quite conservative in contrast to the trend of long top tubes and lower BBs. I guess when you have a guy winning the EWS on your bike, you don't want to mess with things too much.

    The builds look good. The value appears to be at the 3 models. Also, I was curious to see if Cannondale would be able to continue to spec a 1.5 steerer on non-lefty forks. It looks like the Pikes are tapered.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    28
    Look good, I can't find pricing- have they released that info yet?

  6. #6
    Norðwegr
    Reputation: Vegard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    649
    CFR Scalpel
    Kona Honzo
    Diamant Mammut Mk1

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freak6767's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by YodaForce View Post
    Look good, I can't find pricing- have they released that info yet?
    Jekyll Carbon Team - 5999€
    Jekyll Carbon 2 - 4699€
    Jekyll 3 - 3699€
    Jekyll 4 - 2999€

    Trigger 27,5" Black Inc - 8999€
    Trigger 27,5" Carbon team - 6499€
    Trigger 27,5" Carbon 2 - 4499€
    Trigger 3 27,5" - 3499€
    Trigger 4 27,5" - 2999€

  8. #8
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by freak6767 View Post
    Jekyll Carbon Team - 5999€
    Jekyll Carbon 2 - 4699€
    Jekyll 3 - 3699€
    Jekyll 4 - 2999€

    Trigger 27,5" Black Inc - 8999€
    Trigger 27,5" Carbon team - 6499€
    Trigger 27,5" Carbon 2 - 4499€
    Trigger 3 27,5" - 3499€
    Trigger 4 27,5" - 2999€
    I'm guessing the availability will be... May? June?

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Morgs010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    83

    2015 Cannondales

    Interestingly they have gone with the trigger 29er linkage with the trigger 27.5. Last year in 26 guise it had the Jekyll linkage. Having tried them both I prefer the new trigger style.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freak6767's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    I'm guessing the availability will be... May? June?
    Some Jekyll could arrive as early as April at my LBS in france. So my guess is that because they pretty much let 2013 goes by, that Cannondale will be rather quick for these new 650b's, and don't make people wait any longer. Time will tell!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,863
    nice looking.............

    If I bust my RZ140 frame, it's going to cost me some cash to get 650b rims strapped onto my hubs I have now.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fix the Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,343
    Nuts to the bikes, when's that 160mm Lefty hitting after market?

  13. #13
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,626
    650B?

    29ers with an eating disorder, how quaint.

    Gee, let's follow a useless trend because someone said it was cool so many times the marketing guys started believing it.

    Now, if they get off their duffs and stop wasting valuable resources chasing the next "big thing" so as not to be the last one to the party, they'd realize it's already staring them in the face as they blindly ignore it.

    Build a damn FatLefty already, and beat all the other slackers to the punch.

    Oh, a MUSA line of frames, including a fatbike would be a big way to signal that they are actually paying attention to trends that matter too....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Marin (CRO)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    120
    I'd be interested to see if one could get upgraded dampers for "old" Supermax and Dyad.

    Prices are ridiculously high, especially considering what money can buy today if you buy directy.
    For less than what alloy Jekyll 3 costs, one can get something like this.

    I mean, SLX/X7/low end wheels on a bike that costs almost €5000... not happy

  15. #15
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    650B?

    29ers with an eating disorder, how quaint.

    Gee, let's follow a useless trend because someone said it was cool so many times the marketing guys started believing it.

    Now, if they get off their duffs and stop wasting valuable resources chasing the next "big thing" so as not to be the last one to the party, they'd realize it's already staring them in the face as they blindly ignore it.

    Build a damn FatLefty already, and beat all the other slackers to the punch.

    Oh, a MUSA line of frames, including a fatbike would be a big way to signal that they are actually paying attention to trends that matter too....
    Fat bikes with suspension… Isn't it like strapping a couch over the seat of a 1985 Lincoln Town Car?

    Edit, added:

    Personally, I never 'followed the useless 29er trend' like you say… and I was quite amused to watch some of the women at the Fontana US Cup having trouble to ride confortably on their bikes with too big wheels and too tall front ends for them. If it was me, I wouldn't make 29er bikes in small or medium… Maybe make smalls 26", medium 27.5" and large and x-large 29"… 29er make sense to tall people but when a 5'2" wants a 29er because the industry and it's marketing told him so…

    As far as as Made in US… Well, let's not go there, again!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  16. #16
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    Fat bikes with suspension… Isn't it like strapping a couch over the seat of a 1985 Lincoln Town Car?
    They said the same thing when the "first" fat tires came out.

    You know, 26x1.75?

    All those hard bodies back in the late 80's were saying the same thing. I love my rigid, why would I want suspension?

    Now we've got more squish than a chubby chaser convention.

    Strap on some squish to a fatty, and you'll realize what was missing all along!

    I take it you aren't fat yet?
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  17. #17
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    They said the same thing when the "first" fat tires came out.

    You know, 26x1.75?

    All those hard bodies back in the late 80's were saying the same thing. I love my rigid, why would I want suspension?

    Now we've got more squish than a chubby chaser convention.

    Strap on some squish to a fatty, and you'll realize what was missing all along!

    I take it you aren't fat yet?
    I try not to become fat… and the last mountain bike I got was in 2008, it's got retro 26" wheels! My 29ers are 100% rigid and skinny tired as they're road and CX bikes!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Morgs010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    83

    2015 Cannondales

    Just noticed the new dyad shocks have sag indicators on them. Wonder if they are retro fit too?

  19. #19
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs010 View Post
    Just noticed the new dyad shocks have sag indicators on them. Wonder if they are retro fit too?
    Yes, definitely.

    fc
    IPA will save America

  20. #20
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,088
    Here's photos of the Black Inc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Cannondales-trigger-carbon-lefty-supermax.jpg  

    2015 Cannondales-trigger-controls.jpg  

    2015 Cannondales-trigger-drivetrain.jpg  

    2015 Cannondales-trigger-dyad.jpg  

    2015 Cannondales-trigger-front-quarter.jpg  

    2015 Cannondales-trigger-rear-quarter.jpg  

    2015 Cannondales-trigger-rear.jpg  

    2015 Cannondales-trigger-side-profile.jpg  

    2015 Cannondales-trigger-swingarm.jpg  

    IPA will save America

  21. #21
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,088
    i got my info from this drone and this dude.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Cannondales-img_3199.jpg  

    2015 Cannondales-p3260042.jpg  

    IPA will save America

  22. #22
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    i got my info from this drone and this dude.
    Haaa this dude… Salut Jérôme!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: molopoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    52

    2015 Cannondales

    No "frame only" or "frame &fork" options?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,881

    2015 Cannondales

    Jekyll carbon team will be available as a frame w/shock and fork

  25. #25
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    I try not to become fat… and the last mountain bike I got was in 2008, it's got retro 26" wheels! My 29ers are 100% rigid and skinny tired as they're road and CX bikes!
    And here I thought I was the retro grouch!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brake Pads for Cannondales with Helix 6
    By RyukyuMtnBiker in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 11:50 PM
  2. Online shop that ships Cannondales ?
    By garage0racing in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 08:55 AM
  3. 26/24 Cannondales
    By 83stumpjumper in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM
  4. Where can I find older model Cannondales?
    By NHCannon16 in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •