Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2014 Lefty OPI Steerer Bottom O-Ring

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bones01 
#1 ·
Hey, I've replaced my stock OPI stem with a Leonardi and removed all the exterior and interior spacers except for the required internal red one. So basically it's slammed as low as it goes with the Loeonardi -20 stem. Not quite as low as I'd like, but as good as it gets.

Question - once I removed all those spacers, I cannot get the rubber O-ring on the bottom to stay in. When tightening to torque, it just basically gets squeezed out. I'm assuming that's fine and I don't need it, as it's probably used for taking up space with other configurations, but thought I'd just check...

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have never fitted with just the red spacer, but as you tighten against an o-ring it will always want to pop out and it did on mine with 3 spacers.

Firstly, have you grease it up so that the friction against the surfaces is not your enemy.

I found that as you tighten, take your time, 1/8 - 1/4 turn at a time, push it back into place and it should stay in situ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.