Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Reynolds Lefty Wheelset - KT or DT freehub?

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  StumpyElite2010 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm upgrading to XX1 on my 2013 Scalpel, but not sure what driver to order.

The Australian distributer has either KT drivers or DT drivers but cannot tell me what model my wheels came with.

Here's a few pictures Blue Spoke Bicycle part Rim Automotive tire
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Finger Bicycle part Rim
Spoke Iron Rim Metal Engineering
Finger Bicycle tire Bicycle part Bicycle wheel rim Rim

I'm leaning to KT as I've had many DT hubs, and never a DT exactly like this. Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
did find a new hub?

I have the same wheels and the same freehub. From what can find out it's Reynolds' own deign.

I have seen XX1 replacements
Reynolds XD 11 Speed Freehub Driver > Components > Wheels > Freehub Bodies | Jenson USA

But that is for the new model hub. They did have the ones with the pawls on the body but may have sold out.

I just want to get a normal 10 speed freehub replacement.

On the mine the pawl wires are broken and bearings a but rough.

#5 ·
Well I found the XX1 drive, it was the KT one but the Australian distributer didn't have any in stock, and would take 4 weeks to get one. I got one of Competitive Cyclist in the end.

Unfortunately now my nipples are starting to crack and the spokes are de-tensioning. Looks like I'll be trying to get a warranty!

#9 ·
Thanks and Thank you for letting me borrow your photo.;)

How's the wheelset working for you ?
I have it on my flash29er and no problem so far in 15 months
Got another used set for my Wife's scalpel to replace the DT tricon XM1550
That wheelset was an absolute lemon.

Spokes began to detension all over the wheelset and fall out, nipples cracked, hub began creaking and 'popping', then to top it all off the rim suffered a massive failure when using a tyre lever.

There were clearly issues with wheel building at the factory, and I don't understand why they would build a 24h mtb wheelset.

Now I'm using a replacement warranty rim laced to aerolites on tune hubs.

#10 ·
If you contact Reynolds direct they will take care of you. I had spoke issues with mine and sent it back. When I did I asked them to look at the freehub on my wheel to see if it needed replace. I got my rear wheel back all that was original was the rim. Everything else was brand new including the hub. I have had no issues with it since. I am all about Reynolds and their customer support. Some of the best I have ever had with anything. Not sure how it will play out with you being in Australia, but it is definitely worth a shot.

#11 ·
I have 2013 carbon XC wheelset. And I need a replacement freehub same as above. Has anyone found out where to get them?

by the way my wheels have done around 6000km. I had the detensioning problem everyone else had but just needed a tune from my LBS. no problems since then until now the freehub is worn.

#12 ·
BTW, I had a spoke break on My Wife's Scalpel rear wheel. (My other pair of Reynolds wheels on the Flash29 are bomb-proof)

Sent the wheel to Reynolds and they re-laced the wheel to a new hub at no cost to me.
Big Kudos to Reynolds -Great CS, will definitely buy from them again with confidence.
I suggest that you contact them, your wheel may still be under warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.