mtbr member

2013 F29 1, just wondering if anybody has one

cant find a review on it. just wondering if anybody has one and is willing to give their opinion on it. I am in the market and I like the equipment and the looks of it. Plus its is my price range of 2500-ish. I do not want carbon.

also, what are some of your suggestions with the above price in mind. 29er hardtail with 2x10

also, are any cannondale models made in the US anymore???

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hey J-Bone,
    I picked up my F29 last October and have thoroughly enjoyed it since. The front end of the bike is crazy stiff; it accelerates like a rocket ship! What were you wondering about specifically?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Got mine for about 3 months now and love it. Bike is @ stock except for tires, replaced them with the racing ralph's (2.10 & tubeless) saved me close to 900gr in weight.

Short review here: Cannondale F29 1 | 29er Online

mtbr member
    I've had my 2013 F29 1 since last November and I too find it perfect BUT in order for it to be that way (for me), I replaced the Avid Elixir's with the Shimano XT M785 brake-set (w/IceTech rotors).

It is amazing how quickly the bike turns in and the drive-train greatly simplifies shifting.

Unsure what size you are considering but they run a bit large...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eshawks View Post
    Hey J-Bone,
    I picked up my F29 last October and have thoroughly enjoyed it since. The front end of the bike is crazy stiff; it accelerates like a rocket ship! What were you wondering about specifically?
    Just about ride, shifting, fork performance, etc. Brakes? I read some shabby stuff on the brakes..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BartP View Post
    Got mine for about 3 months now and love it. Bike is @ stock except for tires, replaced them with the racing ralph's (2.10 & tubeless) saved me close to 900gr in weight.

Short review here: Cannondale F29 1 | 29er Online
    was it tubeless when you bought it or had to convert it to tubeless..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dyusem View Post
    I've had my 2013 F29 1 since last November and I too find it perfect BUT in order for it to be that way (for me), I replaced the Avid Elixir's with the Shimano XT M785 brake-set (w/IceTech rotors).

It is amazing how quickly the bike turns in and the drive-train greatly simplifies shifting.

Unsure what size you are considering but they run a bit large...
    I'm 5'10" I do have a F400 26" hardtail from a few years back that makes me feel a little bit cramped so I was thinking about a large....would that be too big do you think??? I am looking at a LBS for a purchase so I am sure they will fit me with what is right.

Thanks for all of the input. Right nowI am at a crossroads between a custom built Vassago USA made steel frame 29'er with SLX/Reba/Rigle Expert tubeless but it will break the bank. Custom Build just might be too much. Almost 7-800 more than factory built Cannondale

The Cannondale has soooooo many great parts on it I might be able to pass it up. Only advantage---I have been on the Vassago and not the Cannondale. There are some others-can convert to singlespeed, can use almost wheel axle configuration out there-12, 15 through, 9mm etc We had a sweet Demo out here in SE Michigan a few weeks back and I tried to ride bikes I have never heard of or just have never seen. So, I didn't ride the Cannondale. But you guys are helping me make it really hard to decide. I really want to help out the little guy company but my pocket needs some lining too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Bone View Post
    I'm 5'10" I do have a F400 26" hardtail from a few years back that makes me feel a little bit cramped so I was thinking about a large....would that be too big do you think??? I am looking at a LBS for a purchase so I am sure they will fit me with what is right.

Thanks for all of the input. Right nowI am at a crossroads between a custom built Vassago USA made steel frame 29'er with SLX/Reba/Rigle Expert tubeless but it will break the bank. Custom Build just might be too much. Almost 7-800 more than factory built Cannondale

The Cannondale has soooooo many great parts on it I might be able to pass it up. Only advantage---I have been on the Vassago and not the Cannondale. There are some others-can convert to singlespeed, can use almost wheel axle configuration out there-12, 15 through, 9mm etc We had a sweet Demo out here in SE Michigan a few weeks back and I tried to ride bikes I have never heard of or just have never seen. So, I didn't ride the Cannondale. But you guys are helping me make it really hard to decide. I really want to help out the little guy company but my pocket needs some lining too.
    I'm 5'11" (33" inseam) and the medium 29er frame is perfect; I suspect that large may be a bit big for you.

Another data point: I also have a 2009 F3 which is a large Caffeine frame...

I believe that you should be able to wrangle at least a 15% discount from the LBS

hispanic mechanic
    In a somewhat similar quandary. I currently ride a Canfield Nimble 9, which I love. Unfortunately, it's on the heavy side (5.5 lbs. for my medium frame,) and the next generation will be another pound heavier. I race ultraendurance events, so I feel somewhat justified in worrying about a few pounds...
    I've been on the fence about whether to get a Lefty for my N9, or sell a bunch of stuff and just get a 2013 Flash 2. I prefer the Maguras to the Avids, and if,if I decide to run gears, it'll be a 1x10 and the XT Shadow+ is the bee's knees. Who am I kidding- I'll be selling the drivetrain to offset costs.
    I'm a single speeder, and will be using a BEER Components EBB.
    One thing you haven't brought up is suspension. Quite frankly, I've been stunned at just how good the Lefty is on the demo 2012 Flash 1 we have at the shop. I've ridden it a few times, and the performance is much better than any traditional fork I've ridden, and it weighs a lot less, too!

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

mtbr member
    Thanks. Great info.
    Appreciate greatly.....