mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2012 Flash carbon 3 and tubeless

Can the Sun EQ25 wheels on a 2012 flash 29er be converted to tubeless? Someone was telling me there is a known issue with this rim and tubeless but i cannot find any info online. Anyone with one of these bikes try to run the tires tubeless?
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Try This link

Racing Ralph's on Sun Ringle' Inferno Rims Issue

You can go tubeless with the Inferno 25 Rims but it will need to go with a fully Tubless tire, not a Tubeless ready tire like the Racing Ralphs.
    2012 Cannondale Scalpel 29er Carbon 1

2011 Felt AR4

"Columbus Bike Racing"

Is it time to ride yet?
    Jun 2009
    Pedal, all I can say is based on my experience give it a try, I'm glad I did. Of course, as they say, you mileage may vary.

I bought a '12 Flash 29'er Carbon 3 and had the shop setup the bike before I picked it up. I have been running tubeless since day one with the stock Equalizer 25 wheels and Racing Ralph EVO tires with no burps or problems at all. I run them low at 20F and 23R psi and I'm a big guy at 6'4" 250 lbs but still no issues with the setup.

I ride XC aggressively with hard enough cornering to tear some of the outside knobs from the carcase. I have had downhill runs in the 29-30 mph runs according to my cateye computer so I know I have not been babying the setup.

After reading problems of others trying this combo, I did however start at 28 F and 30psi R and slowly worked my way down as my confidence rose with the setup.

Good Luck!