Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lak
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Good job! 2012 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29'er 1 question?

Any one know if you order a 2012 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29'er 1 now (8/2/2011) how long is the wait until it arrives?
    "Good Things In Life Take A Long Time"

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My LBS is a pretty large volume Cannondale dealer. I am picking up my 2011 Carbon Flash 3 29er on Thursday, I'll ask for you.

Lak
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SByota View Post
    My LBS is a pretty large volume Cannondale dealer. I am picking up my 2011 Carbon Flash 3 29er on Thursday, I'll ask for you.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    No definite answer, but they are thinking about three weeks to a month. BTW I LOVE my new bike, put 19 miles on it today.

Lak
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm glad you like your Flash 3 29er.
    Does it do a really good job of absorbing rear bumps?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My last MTB was a 90's Diamond Back Racing "Team Issue" alum hardtail. So this feel like a rocket ship!!!. I have only ridden hardtails, steel and alum. This does WAY better than of soaking up the small bumps, rocks etc.on the tail. So much so, I found myself getting a little lazy with my line selection. When I would hit a square edged bumb, I was reminded I was on a hardtail. No complaints at all, it is way better than I was expecting.

Moderator Moderator
    I ordered a 2011 Carbon Flash 2 July of 2010. It was given an ETA September, which slipped to October, then February '11. Strangely it randomly turned up at the end of December.

If Cannondale have stock you will get a delivery date. If they don't you will get a random guess...

Lak
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'll bet I won't see my 2012 Carbon Flash 1 (29'er) until 2012

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I can tell you that they're not on the dealer site yet, so there's no real way to order one yet. I check just about everyday... cause I want one!
    adam • michigan • karate monkey

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SByota View Post
    My last MTB was a 90's Diamond Back Racing "Team Issue" alum hardtail. So this feel like a rocket ship!!!. I have only ridden hardtails, steel and alum. This does WAY better than of soaking up the small bumps, rocks etc.on the tail. So much so, I found myself getting a little lazy with my line selection. When I would hit a square edged bumb, I was reminded I was on a hardtail. No complaints at all, it is way better than I was expecting.
    Just had the first ride on mine - Rocket ship is spot on! It really is amazingly comfortable too.... It actually feels quite odd to ride because it's so solid and stiff when you pedal but really cushy at the same time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    They're up on the dealer site! Expected 9/10/11.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    C'Dale has the Flash Carbon 29er 1's instock now.

PHS
    Rider
    Sep 2009
    Anybody have the weight on the Flash Carbon 1?

mtbr member
    I'm going to venture an educated guess of 21.0 lb. with tubes, no pedals.

I like to ride my bike.
    20-21 lbs for my XL with tubeless and no pedals. Oh, and btw, anyone want to buy mine? (plz?)

Great bike, but I have my reasons for selling it stated in the description.

2012 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er 1 | eBay
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    So. I was doing some reading, looking around and get to the post above. I was looking for some Flash eye candy and the picture above has been saved. It is accurate and the online catalog is not.

Sorry to those who clicked on the eBay link above and found it already sold. I'm responsible. Who thinks both buyer and seller got a good deal?

Reason enough for a First Post!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mgasman View Post
    So. I was doing some reading, looking around and get to the post above. I was looking for some Flash eye candy and the picture above has been saved. It is accurate and the online catalog is not.

Sorry to those who clicked on the eBay link above and found it already sold. I'm responsible. Who thinks both buyer and seller got a good deal?

Reason enough for a First Post!!
    Seems like a good price for the 2012. What is MSRP on the 2012 Flash Carbon 29er 1 anyways? It is not listed on the site (on top of the wrong picture still being there).

Of course, not having a warranty is always a concern when buying used.

mtbr member

Mine arrived.

Changed:

ENVE XC UST wheelset
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph Snakeskin
    ENVE Seatpost (not pictured)
    XX Brakes
    XX Cassette
    EggBeater 3

19.9 lb.

Seems to be stiffer than the 2010 I had previously. Don't know if it's because it's a Hi-Mod or if they changed all the laminates. Out of the box, this is one of the best looking bikes I'm seen.

The crank seems to be a relabeled X.0. 710 grams, with bottom bracket. Same as the X.0, and exactly the same shape/construction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29'er 1 question?-compressed.jpg  

Last edited by brentos; 11-26-2011 at 07:04 PM.

LA CHÈVRE
    Veeeeery nice!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

tallmtnbiker
    Jan 2007
    Mr. Brentos,
    My 2012 Flash Carbon 1 is on order. I noticed you have the Enve wheels. Was this by request or replacement as others I've seen had the Stan's. Same with the XX brakes and cassette (compared to XO). Not sure what I'll find on mine when it arrives (my company has a pro deal with C'Dale and it's being shipped directly from the factory. I am far from a pro rider, however :-)).

Thanks
    Tall Mountain Biker
    San Diego, Calif.

mtbr member
    All parts were bought separately. The bike arrived completely stock. I'm selling the take off parts.

X.0 Brakes (180/160) -> XX Brakes (160/140 rotors) -100g
    pg-1070 cassette -> XX Cassette -155g
    SAVE Post -> ENVE post -30g
    Arch Wheels -> ENVE Wheels -275g
    Racing Ralph -> Racing Ralph SnakeSkin +70g
    No Pedals -> EggBeater 3 +290 g
    Tundra II Saddle -> WTB Silverado Ti +5g
    Truvativ T-30 bar -> ENVE Sweep -25g

tallmtnbiker
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the informative reply. It appears that you essentially converted your 1 to a Team Issue and saved about a pound over your stock 1. This gives me hope my XL stock 1 should come in about 21.5 pounds without pedals.

Good luck on the trails.

Doug
    Tall Mountain Biker
    San Diego, Calif.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos View Post
    19.9 lb.
    Is this for a size Large?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XC62701 View Post
    Is this for a size Large?
    Yep.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos View Post
    Yep.
    Cool. I'm thinking this will be my steed for 2012 if I can get one. I'm still amazed that Cannondale has the wrong picture up on their site. That's a little crazy. Anyone know of the availability of these. I've gotta sell my superfly first and then get this on order.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I just located a new 2011 flash 29er carbon 3 locally for 2500. I am debating on pulling the trigger but I currently ride a 2010 flash 1 26er that has the carbon lefty.

What do you guys think about that deal for the carbon? Is that a screaming deal? Should I do it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Cool. I'm thinking this will be my steed for 2012 if I can get one. I'm still amazed that Cannondale has the wrong picture up on their site. That's a little crazy. Anyone know of the availability of these. I've gotta sell my superfly first and then get this on order.
    From what I am told, and see in the revised price list, the color on the site is actually correct, and has been for at least a month or two. I have one on order myself, but apparantly the cherry red with silver was terrible in the flesh, and after feedback from several dealers they changed (I acutally thought it looked good, and still do!). Not sure if this is applicable for the states, but would assume so as it is online.

I am in Europe, and got both the price list from before and after they changed the color. The good news in the change, is that the price was also dopped significantly without any other changes than the color

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnd0209 View Post
    I just located a new 2011 flash 29er carbon 3 locally for 2500. I am debating on pulling the trigger but I currently ride a 2010 flash 1 26er that has the carbon lefty.

What do you guys think about that deal for the carbon? Is that a screaming deal? Should I do it?
    I believe MSRP on the 2011 3 was $3000, so most shops started around 10% below that when it was new a year ago. So, it's a "deal", but not a "screaming" deal.

IMO, of course...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy D. View Post
    From what I am told, and see in the revised price list, the color on the site is actually correct, and has been for at least a month or two. I have one on order myself, but apparantly the cherry red with silver was terrible in the flesh, and after feedback from several dealers they changed (I acutally thought it looked good, and still do!). Not sure if this is applicable for the states, but would assume so as it is online.

I am in Europe, and got both the price list from before and after they changed the color. The good news in the change, is that the price was also dopped significantly without any other changes than the color
    Interesting. I was not a really big fan of the paint scheme when I saw it but it was growing on me. If the picture online is what the new scheme looks like - that's great - I like that much better. Either way it's more how it rides and performs than how it looks.

Price drop? How much is it going for now? Is it not listed as $5500?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

MSRP is $6,100, last I was told.

Has it been lowered?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
    MSRP is $6,100, last I was told.

Has it been lowered?
    Ride faster posted on his ebay auction that it retailed for $5500. That's the number I was assuming.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Flash 29'er Carbon Ultimate BBQ $8,900 $8,449.99
    Flash 29'er Carbon 1 SLV $6,100 $5,799.99
    Flash 29'er Carbon 2 WHT $5,000 $4,749.99
    Flash 29'er Carbon 3 GRN $3,000 $2,849.99

From barrbike dot com.

I was told over the phone these prices are correct. $5500 was the price for the 2011 Carbon 1.

However, if the price has been lowered, I'm all ears...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Interesting. I was not a really big fan of the paint scheme when I saw it but it was growing on me. If the picture online is what the new scheme looks like - that's great - I like that much better. Either way it's more how it rides and performs than how it looks.

Sorry, but I am not sure you can really compare as I am in Europe (up north). Not sure if this price drop applies to other countries or not.

In my price lists, the price drop from the old color to the new one (new one is the same color as the Ultimate by the way) was roughly USD 500. Believe this is most likely due to currency at the time of pricing for my country - at retial the 2012 is now USD 1300 less than the 2011 model over here. Would love to have the cranks from the 2011, but I will take the SRAM and minor other changes + USD 1300 please

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy D. View Post
    ... - at retial the 2012 is now USD 1300 less than the 2011 model over here. Would love to have the cranks from the 2011, but I will take the SRAM and minor other changes + USD 1300 please
    Holy smokes! How much is your price converted to USD? Maybe I need to come visit Europe to buy a Cannondale. As it sits here, the 2012 "1" is $600 more than the 2011, AND it loses the Hollowtechs...

mtbr member
    My dealer confirmed the $6100. Dangit. That takes it out of my price range. Oh well the Carbon 2 is still a sweet bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I just posted my 2012 flash 29er 1 on ebay...its in great condition. just some minor scrapes and scratches. Ive only had it about 3 months.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxjoe87 View Post
    I just posted my 2012 flash 29er 1 on ebay...its in great condition. just some minor scrapes and scratches. Ive only had it about 3 months.
    What did you not like about it?
    2012 Cannondale Supersix Evo 2 /// 2012 Specialized Carbon 29 HT/Rigid /// 2000 Ritchey Swiss Cross

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I loved it honeslty. Im just trying to relocate and its my biggest asset. I will be happy on my giant xtc 29. I work at a shop. so it works out

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Cannondal Flash 29 carb vs Giant XTC 29

Quote Originally Posted by bmxjoe87 View Post
    I loved it honeslty. Im just trying to relocate and its my biggest asset. I will be happy on my giant xtc 29. I work at a shop. so it works out
    Sorry for barging in like that but assuming that the XTC you mentioned is the carbon version, how would you compare the 2 bikes?
    I'm currently at a crossroads trying to decide between a Flash 29 carbon or Giant XTC 29 Composite.
    I'm currently riding a Trek Superfly 2011, which I find rather rigid in longer 6+ hour epic rides.

Any advice or comparison between the two would be awesome!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    First Post, ordered my 2012 flash carbon 1 29er last week, supposed to be here Mon, curious as to what color it will be after reading this thread. Going to try it out at a 12 hr. next Sat, hope it performs as well as my Santa Cruz blur xc carbon... Cheers!

tallmtnbiker
    Jan 2007
    It will be silver with black and red accents. Mine was. I'm sure you will enjoy your ride raspadoo!

FYI, my large weighed 21.3 pounds with Eggbeater Ti pedals and set up with Stan's tubeless.

Unfortunately, I ordered an XL and this large was built up by mistake. So, I may be selling a brand new, never ridden Flash Carbon 1 29er, size large without the pedals, depending on how Cannondale wants to handle their mix-up. If anyone is interested, let me know by personal e-mail, tallmtnbiker@yahoo.com. You certainly won't find a cleaner bike. :-)

Doug in San Diego
    Tall Mountain Biker
    San Diego, Calif.

Lak
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

2012 Flash Carbon 1 29'er

I ordered mine 8/2/11 and finally received it at the end of December. Because it's cold, snowing, and I'm waiting on a repair of my left meniscus, I guess I wont get an opportunity to ride it until spring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29'er 1 question?-p1010004.jpg  

2012 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29'er 1 question?-p1010005.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    nice bike! just wish Cannondale made a size small

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    OK have a couple rides on it, only changes were a switch to gore cables and got rid of the foam grips. Fastest Mtn Bike I have ridden yet, Love this bike !

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

2011 Flash 29er 1 Hi-Mod built to Ultimate Specs...

Except for the X-9 front derailleur and the DT 240 lefty front hub in black and black x-ray spokes, this is spec'd identically to the Ultimate (oh and the saddle of course). One ride and I agree this is the fastest bike I've ridden. It seems to be good at everything and these Enve wheels scream for more on the downhills...yet to be weighed, recently completed. Should be in the 18lb.-19lb. range. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Flash 29 Carbon models...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29'er 1 question?-img00491-20111218-1216.jpg  

Lak
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I received my Flash Carbon 29'er 1 at the end of December 2011. I have not had an opportunity to ride it yet and most likely won't ride it until spring because of the weather in Ohio and the fact that I have a one inch tear in my left meniscus which is scheduled for repair 2/17. Here's my question:
    1) How are the Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo, 2.25" tires performing?
    2) How are the Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo, 2.25" tires holding up?
    3) What will I need to do to the rims in order to ride tubeless? I have not yet taken the tire off to look inside at the rim.
    Thanks in advance!
    Lak

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Sorry I can't be too much help, I only have one ride in as I completed this in December and there's been just enough snow since to mess things up. I did like how the tires rolled and hooked up in the sand and little bit of slick conditions I rode in. I hear there are tires that roll faster and are better in mud, but I ride a lot of hard pack so these seem great for that. On my 26" scalpel I've been riding Hutchinson Pythons for several years and like those also. So I don't have an opinion on wear yet. I may pick up a spare wheel set to ride in mud, etc and run different tires.

Mounting these up on my Enve wheels, I tried getting by with very little sealant and had to keep adding to stop leaks. The beads sealed well but I had a pinhole in the tire itself. More stan's (through the valve stem) did the trick and these are holding air very well (6 weeks now). I think on those Stan's rims you just need a rim strip which I believe comes on that wheel and they should seal up easily. I have an air compressor I had to use to get mine to pop (very gently). My 26" Crossmax SLRs tended to have a tighter fit and a hand pump worked. Start with that. I think you will want some sealant. Maybe someone else can jump in? Check youtube for videos if you need that kind of help...

Happy riding and I forgot to say that is a sweet ride! You are going to love it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Oh, I should clarify "faster and better in mud" not meaning there's another single tire that does both...better mud tires, faster (less resistance) tires. I plan to race the Ralph's unless conditions are such that I can get by with Freds...

PHS
    Rider
    Sep 2009
    Great looking bikes!!! So that is the correct color for the 2012 it seems as the website was showing different. What are the 2012 models selling for, assuming you can even still get one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lak View Post
    1) How are the Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo, 2.25" tires performing?
    2) How are the Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo, 2.25" tires holding up?
    3) What will I need to do to the rims in order to ride tubeless? I have not yet taken the tire off to look inside at the rim.
    Thanks in advance!
    Lak
    Mine came taped, but with tubes in them. The tubeless valves were included in the small parts bag with the bike.

Remove the tubes, but the stems in, add sealant, inflate and ride. The the Schwalbes roll as fast an anything, have good traction (great in the midwest dirt), and I had front last a full season in Utah. I don't think I could get away with the thin sidewalls in the rear though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast