Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2011 XLR Lefty Sagging

991 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MendonCycleSmith 
#1 ·
Anyone experience their XLR lefty sagging whilst locked out? I've heard two different stories: firstly that its a "feature" and secondly that there is an o-ring that needs to be replaced as those coming from the factory arent the right ones...

#2 ·
I had the same problem with mine. I replaced the O ring and the solo air and that fixed it for a while... And then it ended up migrating to the point that it wouldnt even extend when i reset it or removed the damper all together. I finally sent it to the factory tech room where they will take care of it no charge.

#3 ·
Mine sits in the sagged position whether it is locked out or not. If it doesn't come back all the way up when you unweight it, that is the problem that celesteian is talking about. That is usually a quick fix as air is just getting past the lowest solo-air O-ring. I fixed mine by removing the bottom air cap and putting in a little liquid oil made for o-rings ( Rockshox's Redrum).

#5 ·
The "feature" you speak of is the blow off that the lock out now has. If you mean the lock out isn't solid, then yes, it's a feature.

If you mean it settles into the travel and sticks down, that is most likely the SoloAir piston and seal issue the folks who already responded, are talking about.

No improper seals are in play at this time that I've heard about. Best way to check to see if it's the SA piston is, when it's sagged in, grab the tire with your feet, and pull up sharply on the bars. If it rights itself, it's the piston.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.