mtbr member
    Mar 2010

2011 Jekyll Crank Q-Factor????

I am awaiting my 2011 Jekyll's rival. I have XX cranks to put on it but need to know if they will fit. No mine are not BB30, they will be going in with the Cannondale adapter and a Chris King BB (sweet BB by the way). SRAM makes 2 Q-Factor cranks (156 or 164). Can anyone tell me if the 156's will fit? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I would recommend the 164 to make sure they fit. Hollowgrams in a mountain setup have a q factor of about 169.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Centaur172
    I would recommend the 164 to make sure they fit. Hollowgrams in a mountain setup have a q factor of about 169.

Thanks for the info. Catch is I already own the 156's, they were on my Scott Genius. So....still need to know what the Q-Factor is on the 2011 Jekyll's.

Anyone?

CB

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    BIKES DON'T HAVE Q FACTORS!!!! Q factor is a crank measurement only. The 156 q factor crank you're going to put on there is not going to have enough clearance at the chainstays.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Centaur172
    BIKES DON'T HAVE Q FACTORS!!!! Q factor is a crank measurement only. The 156 q factor crank you're going to put on there is not going to have enough clearance at the chainstays.
    Um, wrong...bikes most certainly do. They have a "minimum Q-Factor", which would be the narrowest Q-Factor cranks they can tolerate. My Genius works fine with the 156, so how can you say the Jekyll wont? SRAM builds both the 156 and 164 in XX...because MANY full suspension bikes can run the narrower Q. I know downhill bikes that cannot, but the Jekyll, like the Genius, is a very different beast.

Maybe someone can measure from outside edge to outside edge of their new Jekyll, where the pedals pass the chain-stay, because then I can at-least compare that to my Genius and know. Thanks for everyone's help!