Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Jekyll

26er

2011 Jekyll

Who else has order a Jekyll? I just placed my order last week for the Jekyll 1.
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    I don't have one on order, but watching this video (http://www.vimeo.com/15216814) makes me think I should!!!

-R

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The vid was cool but could have had some rock gardens or rooty stuff in it,

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

jekyll order

i wish the jekyll carbon 1 came in another color and because it doesn't, i ordered the carbon 2. i'll be waiting anxiously for the next couple of months.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeydesadist
    The vid was cool but could have had some rock gardens or rooty stuff in it,
    Yea really! That buttery smooth trail didn't require ANY suspension let alone 150mm!

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Maybe this one is a little better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnjrPF-ok7s

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad ronald
    Maybe this one is a little better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnjrPF-ok7s
    Not really. I would like to see a video that showcases the two personalities of the bike. The first one featured a lot of pedaling which was good and the second was more informative but they both failed to show how it would perform in technical terrain. Dirt jumps and smooth berms don't say anything about the suspension (those can be done on a bmx bike). A video showing the switch on the go would be ideal. The rider hammers up a techy climb then without stopping flips the switch and bombs down a rocky descent with huge roots and rocks and 4' drops. Several hills in a row would be even better. Then replay the ride with a closeup of the suspension.

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsguy
    Not really. I would like to see a video that showcases the two personalities of the bike. The first one featured a lot of pedaling which was good and the second was more informative but they both failed to show how it would perform in technical terrain. Dirt jumps and smooth berms don't say anything about the suspension (those can be done on a bmx bike). A video showing the switch on the go would be ideal. The rider hammers up a techy climb then without stopping flips the switch and bombs down a rocky descent with huge roots and rocks and 4' drops. Several hills in a row would be even better. Then replay the ride with a closeup of the suspension.
    X2 show how the bike handles hits and responds. Pro riders on bermed corners with jumps to trannys as cool as the music makes it sound says nothing for the suspension working and how it will handle when i let go of the breaks and get loose on a basket ball sized rock garden with a few small drops in the colorado rockies. Sell us/me on the new suspension instead of look a bike that has ANOTHER switch and you can ride slope style stuff on or non tech flowy stuff.

LA CHÈVRE
    After complaining about bikes, people complain about videos about bikes...

It's just a video of someone having fun on a bike. Sure the trail looks like it could be ridden with a full rigid bike but it still looks like the rider is having fun which is the most important thing about mountain biking.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    It's just a video of someone having fun on a bike. Sure the trail looks like it could be ridden with a full rigid bike but it still looks like the rider is having fun which is the most important thing about mountain biking.
    I have no problem with a video showing mountain biking. But these videos are supposedly trying to demonstrate the advantages of a new suspension design. In that they failed.

JDM
    mtbr member
    They succeeded in making me want a Jekyll.

What are the chances that it would take 650b wheels?

26er
    There are some good videos showing all aspects on this site:
    http://video.cannondale.com/jekyll/index.html

It is pretty amazing to see this bike ripping it at Whistler!
    Live to ride!

Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

mtbr member
    I've order my Jekyll 1 as well. Plus I liked the white/lime green colour scheme.
    Didn't go for the Ultimate mainly because of the CB wheel-set.
    On that note, anyone know why did Cannondale go with the Crank Brothers wheel-set?
    Cannondale: Team Scalpel, Flash Ultimate, Hooligan 9
    Lynskey Pro26 with custom Lefty head tube
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XgreygOOse
    I've order my Jekyll 1 as well. Plus I liked the white/lime green colour scheme.
    Didn't go for the Ultimate mainly because of the CB wheel-set.
    On that note, anyone know why did Cannondale go with the Crank Brothers wheel-set?
    Because CB made a Lefty wheel and no one bought it. So, Cdale is having to pay the piper and put some CB wheels on a bike.

I dont know if that's the real reason, but I know there are CB Lefty wheels, but I have never seen one on a bike on the trails or racing.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    Because CB made a Lefty wheel and no one bought it. So, Cdale is having to pay the piper and put some CB wheels on a bike.

I dont know if that's the real reason, but I know there are CB Lefty wheels, but I have never seen one on a bike on the trails or racing.
    Because those wheels have not a single advantage over other options. They are not light, not cheap, not good looking and probably not very durable... If they don't sell in Lefty models but do in regular versions, it just shows just how smarter are people riding Lefties!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    I'm quite surprised at some of these Cannondale videos, as they are displaying the Jekyll as a gravity Free-ride bike.

Here's another video, This is more trail based though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCdTpuOH3g0

26er
    Quote Originally Posted by chick0
    I'm quite surprised at some of these Cannondale videos, as they are displaying the Jekyll as a gravity Free-ride bike.

In reality climbing in videos does not sell bikes. It will be great to rip down gravity style trails and then fly back up the hill.

They should at least offer more than one color in the future per model.
    Live to ride!

Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    In reality climbing in videos does not sell bikes. It will be great to rip down gravity style trails and then fly back up the hill.

They should at least offer more than one color in the future per model.

Yeah, your right, fancy riding is what catches people eye (especially if your a 13 year boy), but i would of thought the real selling point of the Jekyll would be its adaptive shock.

Not many people's primary use of this bike will be lift assisted gravity riding, as its a trail bike.

I'm with stupid

true, but makes me wonder how much "tougher" is it then our rizes? other then a fancy new shock and the "new ness" of a new bike what are the advantages?

mtbr member
    The BallisTec Carbon used in the Jekyll is said to be of a much higher grade and more resistant to impacts, so from that point of view, the frame "should" be tougher then the Rz/Rize.

The basic frame design from an engineering side looks to be a stiffer structure, with larger tubing's, extra bracing points and wider and larger suspension axles.
    Last edited by chick0; 09-30-2010 at 04:11 PM.

26er
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck
    true, but makes me wonder how much "tougher" is it then our rizes? other then a fancy new shock and the "new ness" of a new bike what are the advantages?
    The jekyll seems like a pretty big leap from a Rize. I frankly never would have considered a Rize, but the jekyll caught my attention.

The pivots should be amazingly stiff with those huge 15QRs and the adjustable travel should really turn a 150mm travel bike into something that climbs quick.
    Last edited by smilycook; 09-30-2010 at 03:33 PM.
    Live to ride!

Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

I'm with stupid
    Didnt know the rize was a "flexy" bike But to stick up for my little rize it did just win mega avalanche this year with one of the fellas in those videos
    Guess i will have to go ride one to find out, To much over lap of product in the last few years out of cannondale with all these "new top of the line engineering coming out" in 3 years.

Genius
    I dont notice flex on the Rize, but it was a step backwards from the Prophets.

The Claymore however definitely has my attention......
    "I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bobby9
    I dont notice flex on the Rize, but it was a step backwards from the Prophets.

The Claymore however definitely has my attention......

Why do you feel it was a step backwards ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Why do you feel it was a step backwards ?
    I think that this guy is definitly not a weight weenie and the trails he rides are probably real tech with lotsa sharp rocks. I liked the feel of the RZ 140 but would rather be riding my Prophet in that situation. I understand his interest in the Claymore as we already drive heavier bikes in our climbs so a more manouverable bike that is just tougher and weighs the same would be our choice. I like what I read about all of these bikes but when I get my next one-it has to prove itself to my friends with more financial access. All that said-I would love the RZ 140 for my more XC rides
    DEAR CANNONDALE please send me one of each and a new Prophet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast