Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    2011 Jekyll 3/4 Alloy Arrival Date

    Did anybody have any news about the Delivery-Date of the Alloy-Jekylls (Jekyll 3 and Jekyll 4). It seems, that there will be a big delay.

    Pleas update me.

    Thx

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    84
    Last I checked was a few weeks ago. If you ordered then I heard delivery dates were August????

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    517
    I heard the alloy ones should be considered as 2012s. Dont know how accurate that roumor is but if it is then I can save for the #4 instead of the #5. In Canada we have a high tax upon purchasing and that means we sometimes have to save anyways.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    84
    I checked again and it still looks like August. That is if you order NOW though. My suggestion, if things up there are like here, would be order yours now, and get inline. Then save your money as you wait. Shops here in the US will order your big with a simple and small down payment. My local shop has a few people who have done this.

    I am afraid that if you wait for them to be "in stock" you may never get one, or you may ave to wait a lot longer than August. I ordered my Carbon Jekyll in November, and received it at the very end of February. The shop has a second Carbon Jekyll that was ordered in January, and it has not come in yet. They will not be seeing any Carbon Jekyll's for stock this year, there were simply too many orders and too few bikes produced for this to happen.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    517
    Then I'll get something else. It's like a girlfreinds phone call-She gets you interested on the phone wanting it but she makes you wait so long....you just get another date even if you didn't intend to.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeydesadist
    Then I'll get something else. It's like a girlfriends phone call-She gets you interested on the phone wanting it but she makes you wait so long....you just get another date even if you didn't intend to.
    Or you could order one and wait. I can say, having been riding mine for a while, it is worth the wait. This of it like having a girlfriend you are reasonably happy with, because your dream girl is a friend but dating someone else. You hear she has broken that off, you express your desire for her but she says she wants to get her self back to 100% before starting a new relationship. You keep dating your current gf, but realize more and more that you really want to be with someone different. As you break it off your dream girl is "ready". A week into your relationship with her you wont even remember how you had to wait for her etc, it is that good!

    I did that with my Genius, kept riding her and enjoying her, until my Jekyll came. Then the Genius was rapidly sold and I have not looked back, or remembered how long I waited for my Jekyll. Just saying.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17

    late july

    I ordered my jekyll 5 in february and my local shop told me that it will arrive in late july...if anyone gets a alloy jekyll please post your pic bike here

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Duc Hunter
    Or you could order one and wait. I can say, having been riding mine for a while, it is worth the wait. This of it like having a girlfriend you are reasonably happy with, because your dream girl is a friend but dating someone else. You hear she has broken that off, you express your desire for her but she says she wants to get her self back to 100% before starting a new relationship. You keep dating your current gf, but realize more and more that you really want to be with someone different. As you break it off your dream girl is "ready". A week into your relationship with her you wont even remember how you had to wait for her etc, it is that good!

    I did that with my Genius, kept riding her and enjoying her, until my Jekyll came. Then the Genius was rapidly sold and I have not looked back, or remembered how long I waited for my Jekyll. Just saying.
    Lucky you the bike is never going to say "my ex was an absolute ******" to other bikes.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    517
    I wonder how the Jekyl compares to the SC Butcher or the Specialized Enduro?

  10. #10
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by Duc Hunter
    I did that with my Genius, kept riding her and enjoying her, until my Jekyll came. Then the Genius was rapidly sold and I have not looked back, or remembered how long I waited for my Jekyll. Just saying.

    I am considering getting a genius instead of the Jekyll because I can have the Genius tomorrow if i want it (sitting in lbs) and i will be waiting indefinitely for the jekyll. The travel seems very similar, and scott has more experience with the pullshock/remote adjustable travel & lockout system. Any comparison or advice you can give? FWIW i will be either on the genius 50 with a 20mm thru axle fork swap or the jekyll 5.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  11. #11
    26er
    Reputation: smilycook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05
    I am considering getting a genius instead of the Jekyll because I can have the Genius tomorrow if i want it (sitting in lbs) and i will be waiting indefinitely for the jekyll. The travel seems very similar, and scott has more experience with the pullshock/remote adjustable travel & lockout system. Any comparison or advice you can give? FWIW i will be either on the genius 50 with a 20mm thru axle fork swap or the jekyll 5.
    The geometry is different and this makes the bike ride a lot different. The genius is more XC.
    Live to ride!

    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    132
    there is a carbon jekyl sitting on the floor of the bike shack in san antonio tx if that helps anyone...
    "The good news is you're still conscious, the bad is that you're too heavy for me to carry. You gotta ride it out bro."

  13. #13
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeafatkid
    there is a carbon jekyl sitting on the floor of the bike shack in san antonio tx if that helps anyone...

    Yeah, I saw that bike. I cant go back there because I will want to buy it, and it is out of my budget right now. gorgeous bike though. really nice staff there as well.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20
    Can you give me more info on the bike at the LBS? What model what size? I'm waiting for an XL Carbon 2. Thanks

  15. #15
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat 380
    Can you give me more info on the bike at the LBS? What model what size? I'm waiting for an XL Carbon 2. Thanks

    its a carbon 2 model. its either med or large frame though, i cant remember which. I didnt get too wrapped up in it cause I cant afford it right now.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  16. #16
    26er
    Reputation: smilycook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,951
    There is a large ultimate in Boise.
    Live to ride!

    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    50
    Would love an alloy Jekyll. I'm still rocking an '04 Jekyll, and I think it's time for an upgrade. Not sure if I can wait that long. I have a couple other bikes I'm looking at.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bpnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05
    its a carbon 2 model. its either med or large frame though, i cant remember which. I didnt get too wrapped up in it cause I cant afford it right now.
    shop name? city?
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •