mtbr member

2011 F1 on order...

I was looking for a backup hardtail with a Lefty but couldn't find what I was looking for in local inventory, so I just ordered a 2011 F1 from my LBS.
    ( Cheapest new Lefty Hardtail )

The bonus for me is that's it's 2x10, which I've been wanting to try. It should be in the first week of October, so I'll post pics/weight when it arives. Hopefully it will come in sooner! Anybody else order a 2011 yet?
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS
    2012 Seven steel 29er SS rigid

mtbr member
    Had a 2011 Flash Carbon 2 29er on order for a month or so.

Soon as it's in I'm stripping the shifty bits to make a new single speed.

mtbr member
    I do. Flash 29er Carbon 1.

First I heard was very late July, now the Cannondale system shows August, but we're being told October. October's really not too far off so no big dea. Hopefully it's not like 2010 models though, where September eventually turned into May for some people.

Driver Bob, sounds like it's going to be a damn nice ride your building.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos
    I do. Flash 29er Carbon 1.

Driver Bob, sounds like it's going to be a damn nice ride your building.
    Thanks, fingers are crossed it all works out as I have planned it.

I looked long and hard at the Carbon 1 but just couldn't justify the extra $$$$ to save just a few grams, especially because I was getting rid of all the drive train.

My fingers are crossed for a pre-Christmas delivery, though even if it arrived Monday I can't ride it yet because I am also waiting on a chain ring to be machined for the SLK 386 crank.

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    I just sold my GTI and in negotiations with the wife, I won't buy a Miata or S2000 to replace it if I'm allowed to buy another bike. So, I'll probably buy something this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin
    I just sold my GTI and in negotiations with the wife, I won't buy a Miata or S2000 to replace it if I'm allowed to buy another bike. So, I'll probably buy something this year.
    Too bad, GTI's are awesome... but new bikes are better.

mtbr member
    Yeah, the GTI's been a great bike hauler for me! The Miata & S2k are both a blast to drive, but I'd probably add another bike to the stable before another car too
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS

mtbr member
    I just spoke with the dealer and my bike delivery has been pushed back until the first week in November. I really wanted to have it before the leaves started falling. I hope it doesn't get pucked back any further, but the dealer seemed to think it may be related to some sort of worker strike going on over in Taiwan...
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymetal
    I just spoke with the dealer and my bike delivery has been pushed back until the first week in November. I really wanted to have it before the leaves started falling. I hope it doesn't get pucked back any further, but the dealer seemed to think it may be related to some sort of worker strike going on over in Taiwan...
    I ordered one in June, and was told September, then early October, then late October, last week my LBS called the rep and asked about it, and she said it would ship to the store September 25th. So I'm gonna call back next Monday to see if it shipped, but I'm expecting October sometime.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

2011 Flash 29r 1 on order !!

Lookin at a Jekyll also...Still need 2 bikes

mtbr member
    I got the call Friday that my Bike's in! I'll be picking it up tomorrow and will try to post pics by the end of the week.
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS

mtbr member
    Here she is:

23.19 lbs from the store w/ only pedals and a Terry Fly saddle added. It was 21.89 lbs after swapping in my ZTR355 wheelset & tubless tire setup.

I was impressed with all of the little deatils like the red anodized seatpost collar & Lefty hub cap. The 2x10 X7 shifts great tooling around on my driveway, but tommorrow I'll take her out for the first serious ride.
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Nice bike !

I'm waiting for an european Flash F3, the white one. Here, in France, it will be available in december

I think here it is the first Flash alloy 2011 real picture all around the world.

What do think about welding quality ? If you could post other photos, it will help me waiting

Bikes!
    Wow that's lovely!

I've been toying with the idea of an F1 for quite a while now...

mtbr member
    I'll try and take some new photos this weekend, but it's no longer this clean

First ride was awesome. My initial impressions relative to my Seven (ti frame) is that the F1 is noticeably harsher over the rough areas but not painfully so. On the flip side, the steering is way more fluid and precise. I have the Lefty on my F1 set with less sag though, which may be contributing, so I'm going to adjust pressure on my Seven's lefty and take both bikes out for a back-to back comparison Sunday morning.

The Elixir R brakes are also awesome - excellent modulation & feel relative to the Juicy Ultimates on my Seven. My Ultimates are almost a year old now though, so a bleed may close the performance gap between the two.
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    how much did you drop on the F1?

looks awesome

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    What size is it?

The picture makes me want one even more.

mtbr member
    Thanks all! It's a medium. I have a good relationship with my lbs and got it for 10% off of the MSRP stated on C'dale's website.
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Did you get the chainslapper XC from the LBS or online?

I have a horrible experience with Cannondale.com as they sent me the wrong thing and don't want to send the right item - wanted me to ship it back at my cost, etc.

Cannondale outsource their ecommerce to Shopatron and it is fulfilled by LBS nationwide.

Just suck @ss experience especially when i just drop a grand on a new cannondale.

mtbr member
    None of the previous bikes I've bought fomr this LBS came with one, so I'm assuming it came from C'dale with the bike.
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymetal
    None of the previous bikes I've bought fomr this LBS came with one, so I'm assuming it came from C'dale with the bike.
    I have bought three 'Dales in the last 18 months and they all came with the chain slapper, I think it is in the pack that you get with the manual etc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Was it an expensive bike.

Just bought a F4 and it did not come with one.

Maybe the LBS kept it