Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006

2011 Cannondale website is up !!!!

Am I really the first person to report this ???

Why did they not put all the goodies on the Flash carbon 29er ???

LA CHÈVRE
    No, you're not the first...

The top end Flash 29er is pretty well speced. Sure it could be even better but then it would cost more too, they probably had a price range they aimed for. Plus, what fun is a bike if it's already speced exactly as you want it?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That Claymore looks like it might be what i want. Now is the Claymore a freeride bike? I need a bike to go to Northstar and to ride a few other places.

mtbr member
    I just picked up my 2011 Trail SL2, wow was I surprised with the new look! So far I absolutely love this bike, the Rock Shock Recon is a huge improvement over the RST I rode on the 2010 demo bike.

Clydesdale: 315lbs (July 2010) now down 35 lbs on my journey from obese to triathlete...

http://iambigtuna.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    No more Moto? Wow that was short lived. I demo'd a carbon Moto for a few days last year. Super fast and felt bottomless. Better than the Nomad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsguy
    No more Moto? Wow that was short lived. I demo'd a carbon Moto for a few days last year. Super fast and felt bottomless. Better than the Nomad.
    Rize / RZ140 gone as well...

mtbr member
    Cannondale flash f3 alloy ,us model its a trail ?does anyone knows the f3 us specs ?this online catalog is full of errors ...

mtbr member
    Kinda sucks that the Flash 1/Scapel 1 have full XTR except for the crank and brakes. They come with a FSA crank and Marta SL brakes. Would have been nice to have full XTR.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Not only have they outsourced production to china, it also looks like they have outsourced their marketing department.

The 2011 poor product descriptions, photos not matching the specs, missing geometry details. WHAT IS GOING ON CANNONDALE!!

mtbr member

Where's the promised lower $

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac
    Not only have they outsourced production to china, it also looks like they have outsourced their marketing department.

The 2011 poor product descriptions, photos not matching the specs, missing geometry details. WHAT IS GOING ON CANNONDALE!!
    Lowest end Claymore 3 ($3,549) - Upper end Claymore 1 ($5,899)
    Lowest end Jekyll 5 ($2,999) - Upper end Jekyll Ultimate ($7,999)

Can someone explain where the cost savings of outsourcing is getting passed on to the consumer? Because I'm not seeing it just based on those two full suspension models.

Jeff

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff

Can someone explain where the cost savings of outsourcing is getting passed on to the consumer? Because I'm not seeing it just based on those two full suspension models.

Jeff
    Whatever/Whoever gave you the idea that passing on cost savings was the point of outsourcing. Does the cost of anything go down just because it is outsourced.

It's done to cut THEIR costs not YOURS.

mtbr member
    can we please not turn this into another offshoring crapshoot again. its old...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal
    can we please not turn this into another offshoring crapshoot again. its old...
    Plenty more to say on the topic.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Start a new thread in General Discussion then. No one wants to read about it in here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Ordered my 2011 RZ One Twenty 1 last week and was told a late October delivery, anybody heard anything more concrete as far as delivery dates or better yet any chance anybody received one yet - thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff

Jeff
    They are 2 brand new models, what are you comparing them to?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy
    The level of technology and engineering alone is worth a lot on those bikes. You can't really put a much cheaper, standard shock to drop the prices.

mtbr member
    They cutt in the costs ,but there are some ugly bikes on the catalog,some sounds cheaper than the price they ask for ,whats going on cannondale ,or would i say cannonasia ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy
    That is a lot of money. But compared to its competitors it isn't that bad. The Trek Remedy costs a few hundred more at each level. BUT the carbon Remedys are made in the US.

Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by limba
    Kinda sucks that the Flash 1/Scapel 1 have full XTR except for the crank and brakes. They come with a FSA crank and Marta SL brakes. Would have been nice to have full XTR.

I agree 100% but it seems like almost every company is doing this now. Where 90% of the bike is either SRAM or XTR but then a few parts are swapped out. I hate it. I find using an entire group has always been the best as far as performance. I hate mixing and matching

mtbr member
    It bugs me because I want a high end aluminum crank (XTR, Hollowgram) and the new XTR brakes are supposed to be awesome.

LA CHÈVRE
    XTR is a bit boring, the cranks are not light and need an additional adaptor to fit in a BB30 frame. My guess is they wanted a true BB30 crankset to have the benefits of it (and promote the standard) and FSA have good OEM pricing, it's probably cheaper than a XTR crankset and as most know, product managers have certain price points to target.

Plus, XTR was THE high end name tag on everyone's mind 10 years ago but not these days. It's great stuff, works fine but it's no longer the best in most people's mind, there isn't as much demand for it... Cannondale can't spec bikes to everyone's personal liking. There will always be some people who are not 100% happy with stock specs. If you want high end, upgrade and get the Hollowgram SL, but having it stock on the 1 models would have raised the prices a bit.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    in Italy available prices of bikes and frame kits

mtbr member
    My guess is they got a great deal on FSA cranks and Marta brakes. It's just a drag (for me) because the cranks and brakes are the highlights of the new XTR group.

LA CHÈVRE
    Heard great things about the brakes too. What's so improved about the crankset? I haven't looked into it much but it seemed more of a cosmetic change than anything else, and the availability of a double... And I think Shimano's XTR and Dura-Ace now looks like a 90's vision of the future, not a big fan but, it's just cosmetic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast