mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2010 Team Scalpel

Anyone recieved one on order over the last week or so? If so, what color is your magnesium link? How's the ride?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyONeill
    Anyone recieved one on order over the last week or so? If so, what color is your magnesium link? How's the ride?
    Yep, Got mine my frame 2weeks ago Link is green. Ride is awesome (will give more details later). Weight is around 18.6lbs. Post pic's soon
    Cannondale: Team Scalpel, Flash Ultimate, Hooligan 9
    Lynskey Pro26 with custom Lefty head tube
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Mg links are white, greens are still aluminum. I got a supplement with my manual that says the Mg link is an upgrade that can be ordered if you want. And in that supplement the Mg links have magnesium stamped into the metal.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I also think that the green link is alu. The mag is forged with rounded borders and the alu is CNC. Here in my country I just saw 2 new truly 2010 team scalpels (not late 2009 with new team painting scheme) and both came with the green link where you could see the CNC cutting all over the piece.
    Maybe they found a problem with the Mag one?
    Last edited by schuster_md; 04-12-2010 at 05:21 AM.

mtbr member
    Are you guys sure about the Mag link is white and not green? I can remember I weight both the frames Team Scalpel (Green,black) and the Scalpel Carbon 1 (Red,black) and the Team one was lighter. What are signs to see if I have a mag or alu link?
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    i believe bikeinmud is correct. apparently, you can also get it in red.

http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng...ag_link_en.pdf

mtbr member
    Guess you guys are right. Spoke with LBS (main distributor for Asia) and they told me that all Team Scalpel comes with green alu link. They only had one complete Team Scalpel that came with a white mag link (early Jan 2010) but now all Team Scalpel, complete or frame only comes with the green alu link. I did check myself. Saw 4 frames and 2 complete bikes and all where with green links.
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    My 2010 Scalpel team frame is definitely lighter than my previous 2008 Carbon Team Frame..

could it be....

"New for 2010, the Hi-MOD layup of the Scalpel Team bike optimizes lateral and torsional stiffness while shaving an astounding 100 grams from the frame weight. The winningest frame on the World Cup circuit continues to get better"...

I ran into a Cannondale Trailer @ the local trail. I should have asked the C'dale reps about the mag links, owell I'll see them at Sea Otter this month
    They also had a Team flash 29'er for free demo ...too bad it was a large..

pit stop for a free quick tune

XgreygOOse- congrats, I didnt realize you got a green frog

mtbr member
    LBS here in Singapore has 5 carbon scalpels and they all have the white mag link.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan23
    My 2010 Scalpel team frame is definitely lighter than my previous 2008 Carbon Team Frame..

could it be....

"New for 2010, the Hi-MOD layup of the Scalpel Team bike optimizes lateral and torsional stiffness while shaving an astounding 100 grams from the frame weight. The winningest frame on the World Cup circuit continues to get better"...

XgreygOOse- congrats, I didnt realize you got a green frog
    Hey spartan23,
    Yes. I been kissing my old Scalpel for months and finally it turned green and it looks good with the Flash

BTW does anyone know if you can buy this (white) mag link on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal
    LBS here in Singapore has 5 carbon scalpels and they all have the white mag link.
    nathanbal, Any-chance you can ask your LBS when and where did they get there 5 Scalpels from? And are they all Team Scalpels? cheers
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    from memory they came in late last year. 4 of the bikes are team scalpels and the other is a "1". And all direct from the US.

mtbr member
    part#KP115/WHT, #KP115RED
    according to this supplement, the Mg links have 'MAGNESIUM//LINK and Mg 12" engraved on it.
    Even though my bike is a 2010, it came with the green link 90g vs. 63g for the Mg.
    Mine was neither Hi-mod, since it's a large.

mtbr member
    Where can i get a gree link for my scalpel in europe or overseas ?thanks