mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm 2010 rize 4 or rize 5?

I was just wondering what people thought about the RST Deuce 140 fork on the 2010 Rize 5 140. I cannot find any reviews anywhere online.
    Also, I was considering getting a Rize 4 but I can't help it for just not liking the colors. I know thats superficial but I was also considering spending the extra money I would save on the Rize 5 to help upgrade to lighter wheels and perhaps an xtr cassette. I do plan on lightening the bike by replacing seat post and handle bars to carbon ones as well

This will be my first full suspension bike and all I ride right now is a single speed pure rigid steel 29er so this will be a world of a difference, I know.

I once road a felt compulsion 3 that weighed 33 pounds and it just handled like a tank and pretty much sucked. I do plan on using the bike for mostly aggessive xc. Any suggestions or feed back would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by elhoney; 03-23-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: did not distinguish between rize 140 or rize 120

mtbr member
    either bike will likely "work" for you, the 5 will likely be a pound or more heavier to begin with,......... the Fox forks tend to be the lightest available on production bikes of that price point, plus the Fox works really well (I can tell you), I wouldn't take a chance on the five if the four is affordable for you,

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I didn't think there were any 2010 Rize, I thought they were all RZ120 or RZ140 now?

Aren't you talking about 2009 models.

yorkshire mud monkey
    ive got a rize5 08 and done a few upgrades rockshox revelation409s on it xtr rear mech and slx shifters plus a few other goodies.
    i would work out how much more it cost then work out how much upgrades will be, i say get the 5 then upgrade it
    as steve said "As long as the rotor/rivets clears the fork, a miss is as good as a mile"