mtbr member

2010 Lefty PBR ultra help needed *MendonCyclesmith *

I was going to 'PM' this through to MCS but thought other members may benefit from my question.

I have a 2010 120 ultra pbr (alloy version) and find the lock out to be a bit soft when I have the fork set to my liking. Can you tune the the level of 'blow off' with out putting more air in the fork?

I live in Australia so if you could recommend a fix or a service centre 'Down Under' that would be cool???

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by biketavioumaximus
    I was going to 'PM' this through to MCS but thought other members may benefit from my question.

I have a 2010 120 ultra pbr (alloy version) and find the lock out to be a bit soft when I have the fork set to my liking. Can you tune the the level of 'blow off' with out putting more air in the fork?

I live in Australia so if you could recommend a fix or a service centre 'Down Under' that would be cool???
    Yes, it can be tuned.

There is a central portion of the damper shaft that has (amongst other things) a series of washers in it, that control the threshold. The options are wavy or smooth. Two wavy ones get's you as firm as possible. Smooths are "finer" in their impact, so take away one wavy, and you can add up to 5 or 6 smooths to the stack till you're back at the same feeling as before.

I wouldn't DIY this, but it doesn't sound like your planning on it anyway.

I know the Cannondale Australia is the main stop for this stuff, but I don't know if there are more places that are set up to work on them. I'd have to believe there are. I'd call them, and see if it should go to them, or if it can be dealt with at a local shop.

Good luck!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com