mtbr member
    Aug 2010

2010 cannondale rz one fourty 5 or f3 Help!

hey all, i am brand new to the site and apologize for my "fresh fishness"..lol
    Anyhow i am buying my first bigger boy mountain bike and really need some help from more experienced riders. I have narrowed it down to 2 bikes, the RZ 140 5 and the f3 but i am not sure which i will enjoy more. I previously had an 08 F5 and did really enjoy it but didn't get it to many trails. I dont know whether to get a FS or hard tail bike. I really like the lefty shock but unsure about maintenance. Most of my riding will be on dirt trails and the here and there crazy sections but as of right now i am gonna be a granny and warm up to harder stuff. My LBS has the RZ 140 5 in stock but would have to order the f3 so i wanted to get some outside opinions before going in to pull the trigger. I understand that the FS would be more comfortable and the hardtail is faster but i want to get the right bike for me. PS im 6ft bout 215lbs if that makes a difference. Oh and i think the RZ is about $200 more.
    Thanks all!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Here is my 2 cents... I have the F3 and its perfect(for me). It did take a while to get but it was well worth the wait.

LOVE THE BIKE!!!

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    my advice is to take RZ and start to think about getting the F3

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliyg
    my advice is to take RZ and start to think about getting the F3
    haha, nice suggestion. I think i am going to go full suspension but might be getting the RZ 120 3 over the 140 5 since it is just at $2000 which is like $600 off the msrp.