mtbr member
    Aug 2007

2010 Cannandale F5

I just purchased this bike the other day as my first. I got what I felt to be a really good deal on it. I was looking for a 26" bike, just didn't feel comfortable on the 29". Doing my homework, I read alot about this bike being a very good one to put money into.

My question is upgrades, I have a few hundred dollars to play with now that I got this bike for well under what I budgeted. Since I am a noob, where is this money best spent?

Currently looking to trail ride local single track etc. No racing or anything at the moment.

Forks, drivetrain, brakes, etc...

Thanks for any and all input!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Do you have riding gear? Good helmet, hydration pack, tools, tubes or cool mountain bike specific clothes? I had that bike and really was a nice bike and was a great starter bike. I say ride it and see how it performs first. You will figure out what you like or don't like. I know how it is with extra money and a new toy, so to scratch the itch a bit maybe some nice ODI grips and some good tires.
    I would ride the hell outta that thing and when it breaks you upgrade.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    If everything is stock, you might want to look at the hubs that came with the bike for replacement.

I'm not sure about the 2010 model, but the older ones came with RS Dart. I believe the 2010 came with air sprung fork from RST. Perhaps some maintenance and probably a change oil would be a good idea.