mtbr member

... and if we just ... 2010 Alloy PBR 140

Yesterday I received my '10 Alloy PBR 140. I think it is the best looking lefty ever made. I unfortunately haven't been able to ride it on the trails yet, but the difference just from riding up hills in my neighborhood is great. I've always wanted lockout on my Prophet and finally it does. The bike lost over a pound with the new lefty. I'm really looking forward to riding, but will probably not happen until next weekend.

3.34lbs for the lefty with steerer tube.

My Prophet now weighs 28.5lbs which is the same weight as a '10 RZ140 3. I was thinking of buying an RZ, but my Prophet is now as light as the RZ that I would buy and my bike it has a Gravity Dropper.
    Last edited by Duncan1104; 04-03-2010 at 07:36 PM.

I'm with stupid
    Thats a good looking rig there. Update me on how the "new valving" with more low speed compression added from factory feels when you get it put and rocking on the trails.

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    can you take the lefty decals off that thing?

get a ride on that thing and let us know how well the lockout threshold works on it...
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    can you take the lefty decals off that thing?

get a ride on that thing and let us know how well the lockout threshold works on it...
    Yeah, the decals look like they would come off fairly easily. I thought that I was going to want to take them off because they are huge, but I decided to keep them on. They look better in person.

I'll let you guys know wow it feels out on the trails as soon as I can.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Ya, how much preload? What do you weigh? We know its great for AM harder hits but how is it for small bumps at higher speed in a long series? Would it be worth it to replace my old MAX with?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Very nice! I really like the integrated clamps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeydesadist
    Ya, how much preload? What do you weigh? We know its great for AM harder hits but how is it for small bumps at higher speed in a long series? Would it be worth it to replace my old MAX with?
    I put 120 PSI into the lefty. Geared up I weigh 185lbs. Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to take it out onto the trails yet to test out how it rides. I'll let you know how it rides later this week.

By the way, this fork has the coolest looking rebound knob.
    Last edited by Duncan1104; 04-04-2010 at 01:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    What was your old Lefty? My Prophet has a carbon fiber SPV with over 4000 miles on it. I was thinking of doing the same to mine. Looking foreward to your thoughts on how it preformes! Love the look!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    the Lefty I got now is the 05 MAX. just rebound adjust. 11000k and its still going great!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken leggs
    What was your old Lefty? My Prophet has a carbon fiber SPV with over 4000 miles on it. I was thinking of doing the same to mine. Looking foreward to your thoughts on how it preformes! Love the look!
    My old lefty was a Max 140 FFD. I love that fork which is why I'm keeping it to put on a different bike or as a back up fork for when another one of my leftys needs servicing. Thanks by the way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Ya, it works really well and can take alot of crap. They should never have stopped making them.

mtbr member
    Alright, so i got a quick ride in on my new lefty. It is awesome! It soaks up all the bumps as well or better than my old lefty. The small bump compliance is much better than my old Max 140 FFD. The medium lumps and bumps are soaked up better, too. It takes the large hits about the same as my FFD. I was really amazed at how well it performed.

The lockout was really nice, too. I had always wanted a lockout on my Prophet and didn't really understand why there wasn't one. The lockout gave on the larger bumps which was nice to not have your wrists jarred. While pedaling out of the saddle the lockout feels solid, no give.

Another thing I noticed is that compression is very quiet compared to my buddy's Lefty RLC and it was quieter than my FFD, too. Over all very satisfied and happy I have it.
    Last edited by Duncan1104; 04-07-2010 at 09:53 PM.

I'm with stupid
    does it feel like they have added some dampening for the over the bars feeling in the steep stuff that seems to be common practice to just add about 10- 20psi above recommended settings to combat?

mtbr member
    I'm really not sure, since I don't have any ride time on the previous lefty, but going down the steep stuff and braking hard at the same time didn't seem to result in much brake dive compared to my FFD. I hope that answers your question.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Sounds good, how long did it take to get and is it really 1300 Canadian to buy alone? Did you also get a replacement rubber boot? I've never seen the need for a lockout but can I ask when is it a most distinct advantage to have one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeydesadist
    Sounds good, how long did it take to get and is it really 1300 Canadian to buy alone? Did you also get a replacement rubber boot? I've never seen the need for a lockout but can I ask when is it a most distinct advantage to have one?
    To buy one from a Cannondale dealer it is $1099 USD. I personally found that price a bit outrageous, which is why I bought one from someone upgrading to the '10 Carbon Max PBR. I got mine for $700. It did not come with a replacement boot. For me the advantage of lockout is for the short uphills where I get out of the saddle. My FFD would bob would while pedaling hard in the saddle.