mtbr member
    Oct 2010

2009 Scalpel Team Replica

I've done a little research but would like to talk with other scalpel owners. I've found what I think to be a pretty good deal and before I pulled the trigger I wanted to hear some opinions. Below is a list of the components and a few pictures.

Components and Ad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SELLING MY TOP OF THE LINE ALL CARBON CANNONDALE SCALPEL TEAM REPLICA,ITS IN MINT CONDITION RETAILS FOR OVER $7000.00 DOLLARS JUST RODE IT ABOUT TEN TIMES KEPT IT IN MINT CONDITION is 9/10 ..COMPONENTS ALL SHIMANO XTR 970 AND 960 HAS AVID ULTIMATE JUICY'S CARBONS HYDRALICS BRAKES AND CROSSMAX SLR'S WHEELS AND CONTINENTAL RACE KING TUBELESS TIRES AND A 110MM CARBON LEFTY FORK AND FSA K-FORCE LITE CARBON HANDLEBARS AND SEATPOST AND TOP OF THE LINE ALL CARBON FSA K-FORCE SEAT - FOX RP23 REAR SHOCK AND VDO WIRELESS BIKE COMPUTER.21 LBS SET-UP AND ITS A RACE READY BIKE.IT'S IN SHOWROOM CONDITION.SORRY FOR THE POOR QUILITY PICTURES THE DECALS LOOK BACKWARDS BECAUSE I TOOK THEM WITH MY LAPTOP. ALSO I WILL THROW IN FOR FREE A BRAND NEW IN BOX SHIMANO XTR BOTTOM BRACKET AND XTR CHAIN AND A 140.00 FIZIK GOBI XM SEAT AN EXTRA LEFTY WHEEL MAVIC 819 AND A 145.00 ERGON BD-1 HYDRATION PACK!

1.cannondale carbon fiber speed 110mm fork air-lock in, lock out
    2.FSA K-Force flat bar carbon fiber
    3.AVID ULTIMATE JUICY'S hydralics brakes with carbon handles
    4.SHIMANO XTR shifters 970's
    5.AVID POLYGON 160 ROTORS front and back
    6.ERGON GRIPS LIGHTS GX-1
    7.2009 FOX RP-23 REAR SHOCK
    8.SHIMANO XTR 970 FRONT DERAILLUER
    9.SHIMANO XTR 970 REAR DERAILLUER
    10 SHIMANO XTR 960 CRANKSET WEIGHS 105 GRAMS LESS THAN THE NEW XTR970 CRANKSET i'm a weight weenie!so i went with xtr 960
    11.FSA K-force carbon fiber seat-post or I have a 110 grams KCNC SCADIUM TI-PRO LITE 8000 (your choice!)
    12.FSA K-force all carbon fiber seat 105 grams
    13.SHIMANO XTR cable housing
    14.2009 MAVIC SLR CROSSMAX RIMS the back wheel i replaced with ceramic bearings for faster engagement!
    15.CONTINENTAL RACE KING 2.0 TUBELESS
    16.CANNONDALE SCALPEL TEAM FRAME CARBON FIBER- COLOR OF FRAME BLACK,WHITE AND ORANGE
    17.CANNONDALE SI INTERGRATED STEM 100MM

Pictures

I've recently thought about going with a 29er but with my body type it is probably best that I stay with 26". I'm 5'9" with about a 29" inseam and more torso than anything (unless you ask my wife. She'll say I'm more A**hole than anything else. )

The real dilemma for me is should I spend 3k on a 2 year old bike or spend double that on a new bike. I gotta believe this is a really good deal and this frame is "Made in America" not that it really matters.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    If money is not a problem, I would like to purchase a new one~~
    cause it's more light, and also you got fully warranty.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    that's not 2009

mtbr member
    It's an 08

mtbr member
    If I were on the eve of making a decision for "buying a bike", I'd not think one second and surely buy this one.

(It's not well seen on the small pics; but taking into consideration what the seller writes),
    if your criteria IS the condition of the bike: How harshly or gently ridden, how many races it's been in (or not) or cosmetic details, etc., then buying such a new looking, "R[IDDEN] ABOUT TEN TIMES" and "KEPT IT IN MINT CONDITION ... 9/10" bike would be a good deal.

You could spend the money you'd pay for a brand new one for some components you'd like to add on this bike -if there'll be any.

I used the term "buying a bike" in general. If you're thinking of "buying a specific bike" my thoughts may apply to that (Scalpel) also. But it is your decision and your enjoyment.

You've got to ask yourself what the cons and pros of a new one will be.
    If lightness is not of your concern, some less grams should not worth extra thousands of dollars.
    Or, would riding a 3 year old bike make you feel bad or not. You should ask and answer such questions.

2 things here: Emotional (joy of riding a bike, a Scalpel) and material (joy of riding a brand new bike, a brand new Scalpel) concerns. You should weigh each.

If I would be buying a Scalpel, I'd jump on this. Warranty is something I don't use and remember when I'm riding my bike.

(I bought all my bikes in this condition and had no problems with them.)

mtbr member
    not sure about 08 but with a 2010 you can mount a 650B front wheel (depending on your weight: stans 355 / velocity blunt) for some of the benefits of a 29r.

In 08 there is not much clearance in the rear triangle compared to 2011 - may not be able to fit much more than a 2.1.

overall this deal seems like a good value.

mtbr member
    and its not all carbon. The seat tube is aluminum.

Tool
    Is it in mint condition or a 9/10? They're not the same thing.

I generally hesitate to buy things from screaming salesmen.

Most importantly, is the seller including the flat pedals??
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalphile
    Most importantly, is the seller including the flat pedals??
    lol! a hardcore pedalphile you are

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Here's another option:

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...=61861&cat=500

A couple years newer for similar price.