Unit 91

2009 Rush Prototype...

...now that I have your attention. I figured I would show you guys my 2008 Capo. The bike arrived yesterday and I got the wheels swapped out and everything else put together. Any feedback is nice...enjoy!

Bikes

LA CHÈVRE
    You're happy now? You are making me want one!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    One of the most beatiful Cannondale...

LA CHÈVRE
    What does the right brake lever do? A horn?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Flip that stem and your good to go, looks awesome!!!

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    What does the right brake lever do? A horn?
    Thats an awesome idea! I'll have to rig that up. I like to scare people with the lever, ride by them squeezing it yelling "I CANT STOPPP!!!"

Positive rise is the new thing these days...
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    fantastic looking bike,i liked last years,but capos are not available in the uk,shame,i bought a langster,which is cool,but ime a cdale boy,so ive got to get,a capo for 2008,i may have to take a trip to the states to get one .loving the headbadge too.

LA CHÈVRE
    How much are these going for by the way? My commuter's rear hub is near it's death bed, rear rim too, the frame is pretty banged up (my drunk friend crashed with it a few weeks ago, the top tube is all scraped), cranks too... I think I'm looking for an excuse to get one. I'd go for the black one though...

EDIT: Got a price, MSRP is 900$CAD here in Canada.

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    How much are these going for by the way? My commuter's rear hub is near it's death bed, rear rim too, the frame is pretty banged up (my drunk friend crashed with it a few weeks ago, the top tube is all scraped), cranks too... I think I'm looking for an excuse to get one. I'd go for the black one though...
    I believe they are still $800 because Cannondale didnt experience a LARGE price increase like Specialized. You should get a the BBQ one with silver rims. That'd match similar to my red and white.

I might add on a red/white Toupe saddle that I have laying around and white water bottle cages. Now to find a home for my 07' Capo in raw.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    The 2008 Capo is classic looking. I have over 1000 miles on my raw '07 and not a single stock part left...not even the fork thanks to a run in with a Toyota (DA hubs laced to Mavic OPs, DA cranks, Premium full carbon fork, Record Ti post, S.I. sub 165 saddle...and the best part ON ONE MARY BARS -> 15.2 lbs).

So, my question to you is why do you run the brake to your left lever? I find that moto style allows me to brake and provide handle signals.

Thanks for the post on the new Capo. She looks good.

JAH

Unit 91
    Wow, that is such a tease picture. Lets see the whole bike. We mine as well make this a Post your Capo Thread. Im not big on hand signals for some odd reason and I am so used to it with all my other bikes. I try not to use my brakes as much as possbile.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    I do not have any updated pictures with the Mary Bars. I will take a few tomorrow and expose the entire bike. Here is a picture post Toyota: