banned
    Aug 2008

2009 F2 Caffeine

this bike is on the top of my list it gives me a stiffy no doubt what is the weight on a medium size bike? any motion control on that fork...concerned about it bobbing on out of saddle efforts, no remote lockout? dumb questions maybe but the cannondale sight is rather vague and the LBS does not have this bike or any bike with this fork in stock.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUZZA
    this bike is on the top of my list it gives me a stiffy no doubt what is the weight on a medium size bike? any motion control on that fork...concerned about it bobbing on out of saddle efforts, no remote lockout? dumb questions maybe but the cannondale sight is rather vague and the LBS does not have this bike or any bike with this fork in stock.....
    Your LBS does not stock any lefty's? Huh...

The F2 is a great bike. I can weigh one tomorrow for you when I go to work, I think we have a medium. The lefty is a great fork, when set up properly, there is no need to worry about a lot of pedal bob while standing. There is no remote lock out, but the lever is really close to the bar anyway because the lefty is basically a dual crown fork.

banned
    Aug 2008
    they do not stock a bike with that exact fork, so it does have some type of stable platform?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUZZA
    they do not stock a bike with that exact fork, so it does have some type of stable platform?
    What do you mean stable platform? It has lockout and rebound. That lefty (DLR2) will feel the same and function the same as a Carbon SL2 that is on the top end Sclapel's, so if they have a scalpel, you can check out the function.

mtbr member
    The DLR2 should be the same one as on the Rush series. I have one on my Rush4. Yes, it'll bob. But if it's a long fire road, then I can lock it out. I don't bother. On the trail, you're only out of the saddle in quick bursts for climbing or through a rough section. Whatever "waste" I have on bobbing is negated by the front end's ability to follow the terrain.

Again, I only use lock out for access roads and transit on road to and from the trail.

mtbr member
    as far as weight, my large f2 with a few upgrades comes in at 24lbs. Stock weight on a medium is probably around the 25-26lbs range

banned
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by traffic002
    The DLR2 should be the same one as on the Rush series. I have one on my Rush4. Yes, it'll bob. But if it's a long fire road, then I can lock it out. I don't bother. On the trail, you're only out of the saddle in quick bursts for climbing or through a rough section. Whatever "waste" I have on bobbing is negated by the front end's ability to follow the terrain.

Again, I only use lock out for access roads and transit on road to and from the trail.
    thats good info..thanks.