mtb dxb uae

Bonking ... not feelin' well 2008 f5 cdale frame size

Hi i just bought a cdale F5 2008 2 weeks ago. was just wondering if the ones made in TAIWAN really smaller compared to the ones made in the USA as said by my LBS?

What i got here was LARGE size F5 cause LBS says its perfect for my height which is only 5/7,looking for MEDUIM size but they dont have any. So i did get the LARGE one cause they said LARGE TAIWAN frame is just like MEDUIM USA frame.

Lately i feel the frame is big for me.. quite hard reaching the handle bars when sitting straight..
    Any of you tried replacing frame size from your LBS.. i guess its too late

sorry really noob on bikes..
    Last edited by altimeters; 07-09-2008 at 04:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by altimeters
    Hi i just bought a cdale F5 2008 2 weeks ago. was just wondering if the ones made in TAIWAN really smaller compared to the ones made in the USA as said by my LBS?

What i got here was LARGE size F5 cause LBS says its perfect for my height which is only 5/7,looking for MEDUIM size but they dont have any. So i did get the LARGE one cause they said LARGE TAIWAN frame is just like MEDUIM USA frame.

Lately i feel the frame is big for me.. quite hard reaching the handle bars when sitting straight..

i'll give you 300 for the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

I'm 5'6-5'7 and just ordered a Medium and was contemplating a Small, so I think a Large would definitely be too big for you and your LBS sized you incorrectly. I also don't think it matters where the frame is made and the sizing is according the Cannondale specs and not the bike of origin. However, if you are comparing a Medium C02 frame (what you have) to a Caffeine (F3 and higher), a Medium in the C02 is not the same size as a Medium in the Caffeine. You can check the geometry sizes by going to the Cannondale website and clicking on 'Geometry'.

But all in all, I think the Large is definitely too big for you. Hope this helps.

mtb dxb uae
    So now that i know that taiwan frames and usa frames have no difference in geometry.. you think cannondale accepts frame size replacements.. its just a two week old bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So now that i know that taiwan frames and usa frames have no difference in geometry.. you think cannondale accepts frame size replacements.. its just a two week old bike.
    I seriously doubt it. I would suggest you speak with the shop you purchased the bike from since they sized you wrong. If that doesn't work, your best bet would be to sell it on Craigslist or Ebay. You shouldn't lose too much on it since it's practically brand new, but you will lose some.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    +1 on speaking to the shop that sold it to you...

But DON'T speak with the sales rep. Speak directly with the owner.

I'm 5'11 and ride a large. Was hoping that my 5'7 wife could also ride it (and me on my roadbike) as I am trying to encourage her to start biking, but there is no was a large would fit her.

The most telling statement you made was "they were out of the medium." It sound as if they were simply trying to move inventory and if the sales rep was paid on commission/bonus, the owner will see through that so fast. Now if it was the owner that did that, then it is a whole different story.

HINT: Try a medium in an F7,6,or 4 if they don't have a F5 in stock since the are the same CO2 frame geometry.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Just my experiences from and 07 F4, I am 5'8 with a Large frame and feel its a perfect fit, yet slightly leaning on the big side of things.

Yeah definitely have a chat with you LBS.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrajounin
    Just my experiences from and 07 F4, I am 5'8 with a Large frame and feel its a perfect fit, yet slightly leaning on the big side of things.

Yeah definitely have a chat with you LBS.

Good luck!
    The 07 F4 is a totally different geometry than the 08. That was the last year for the Furio frame, 08 was the first year for the CO2 frame.

mtb dxb uae
    yesterday i sent an email regarding my problem to my LBS service center and sent one to cannondale aswell.. was hoping when i wake up today ill be having replies that would make me smile.. guess what.. zero messages

i really appreciate your comments and suggestions guys..

least option im thinking of right now is just change to a shorter stem.. or sell it
    Last edited by altimeters; 07-10-2008 at 11:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    yesterday i sent an email regarding my problem to my LBS service center and sent one to cannondale aswell.. was hoping when i wake up today ill be having replies that would make me smile.. guess what.. zero messages

i really appreciate your comments and suggestions guys..

least option im thinking of right now is just change to a shorter stem.. or sell it
    Give them some time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't respond at all unfortunately. Why not physically go to your LBS?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The American made (Caffeine) frames are larger than the Taiwan made CO2 frames. The medium CO2 is 16.2 inches (seat tube length), compared to 17 inches for the Caffeine.

That shouldn't make a difference though, you should get whichever feels most comfortable on a test ride and I'd expect a good bike shop to help you to choose a bike that fits you.

That said, I'm not sure a shop can be held liable if you willingly buy the wrong size. It may be shoddy service but legally I don't think you'd have much recourse. Like others have said I'd have a chat with the owner and hope that he valued your custom enough to do some sort of deal.