mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Smile 2008 Cannondale Prophet 4 compared to a lightly used 05 Joker for a clyde?

I had posted in the clydesdale section but no replies. I am considering purchasing a used Joker for around $1300 but realized that I could get a new Prophet 4 for around the same price. I had test rode a Joker a few years ago but never had a chance to ride a Prophet. The ability to change geometry on the prophet intrigues me but so does the shock options on the Joker in terms of 5 vs. 7 inch travel options. Any input appreciate.

mtbr member
    I've never ridden a joker but if you're a true clyde you may want the extra travel. I have a prophet but i only weigh 175 full gear, and yet i find the bottom of my travel. Frame and swingarm integrity might creep in the back of your your mind going big on a prophet. I will say i love my prophet and i won't swap it out for a long time. Mine stays in the FR position.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Know nothing about a Joker but I used to be 240lbs and have had no probs with my Prophet. Cannondale don't have any weight limitations on their frames and their lifetime warranty to original owners seems to hold up.
    What are you wanting to do on the bike?

siv
    mtbr member
    Depends how tall you are, front end will be low for a big guy. Good for XC a little scary for downhill IMO.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You're talking about 2 different animals here. The Prophet is a All-Mountain while a Joker is a freeride bike. The Joker is comparable to the Gemini. I own a Gemini and Prophet. The Gemini is a pig compared to the Prophet. But then my Judge is a pig compared to the Gemini.

Your style of riding and terrain should dictate your bike.