Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Peace Coast Style
    Reputation: Heals120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,064

    2008 Cannondale Pricing (US Dollars)

    I came across the pricing for the '08 Cannondale lineup on www.barrbike.com

    *Prices may vary depending on your local shop*

    Judge
    Judge DH Frameset - $3,000

    Perp
    Perp Frameset - $1,900
    Perp 1 - $4,000
    Perp 2 - $3,000
    Perp 3 - $2,200

    Chase
    Chase Frameset - $600
    Chase 1 - $1,200
    Chase 2 - $900

    Prophet
    Prophet 1 - $3,000
    Prophet 2 - $2,000
    Prophet 3 - $1,700
    Prophet 4 - $1,300

    Rush
    Rush Frameset - $2,500
    Rush Team - $6,500
    Rush 2 - $4,500
    Rush 3 - $3,500
    Rush 3z - $3,500
    Rush 4 - $2,300
    Rush 5 - $1,700
    Rush 6z - $1,300

    Scalpel
    Scalpel Frameset - $3,000
    Scalpel Team - $6,500
    Scalpel 1 - $6,000
    Scalpel 2 - $4,000
    Scalpel 3 - $3,300
    Scalpel 4 - $2,500

    Taurine
    Taurine Frameset - $2,000
    Taurine Team - $5,500
    Taurine 1 - $3,400

    Caffine
    Caffine Frameset - $600

    F Series
    F1 - $2,200
    F2 - $1,700
    F3 - $1,200
    F4 - $880
    F5 - $630
    F6 - $500
    F7 Disc - $480
    F7 - $380

    29'er
    29'er 1 - $2,500
    29'er 2 - $1,700
    29'er 3 - $1,600
    29'er 4 - $1,000

    Forks
    Lefty Speed Carbon SL - $1,300
    Lefty Speed RLC - $1,400
    Lefty Speed - $800
    Super Fatty - $450

    All other models (road, urban, cyclocross, tandem, ect) can be found on www.barrbike.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

  2. #2
    I'm Riding It
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    654
    Does this mean that Cannondale will finally be selling the Lefty as an aftermarket part as well???
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

  3. #3
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,361
    Quote Originally Posted by oilerfan30
    Does this mean that Cannondale will finally be selling the Lefty as an aftermarket part as well???
    You could buy Lefties alone for the last... many years...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  4. #4
    100% recycled
    Reputation: afie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    382
    Why are the lowest specced Rush and Scapel bikes cheaper than the frameset?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by afie
    Why are the lowest specced Rush and Scapel bikes cheaper than the frameset?

    bescouse it´s in aluminium. scalpel 4 has just carbon in the rear triangle, not in the front. the scalpel framset and the top 3-4 bikes has a systemsix frame, where it´s just the seatpost tube and around the crank where it´s aluminium, the rest is carbon

  6. #6
    I'm Riding It
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    You could buy Lefties alone for the last... many years...

    Really..whereabouts?

    I wish I would've known this sooner..I'm a slow one

    Because I've done some searches, and as far as online goes, I only ever found lefties that had come off of the bikes.
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

  7. #7
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,361
    Quote Originally Posted by oilerfan30
    Really..whereabouts?

    I wish I would've known this sooner..I'm a slow one

    Because I've done some searches, and as far as online goes, I only ever found lefties that had come off of the bikes.
    There is a world outside of the internet!
    You can buy a Lefty from any Cannondale dealer and Cannondale. As is the case with most big bike companies, Cannondales are not allowed to be sold online.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  8. #8
    I'm Riding It
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    There is a world outside of the internet!
    You can buy a Lefty from any Cannondale dealer and Cannondale. As is the case with most big bike companies, Cannondales are not allowed to be sold online.
    haha, thanks

    I've never seen just a lefty at any of my local bike shops...but I've never asked either. Shows how smart I am.
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

  9. #9
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,361
    Shops usually wont have any in stock, they are expensive so they order only if a client really wants one.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  10. #10
    I'm Riding It
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Shops usually wont have any in stock, they are expensive so they order only if a client really wants one.
    good to know.

    I'll keep that in mind, because I sure like how the new Lefty with Fox internals stacks up
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    27

    New question here.

    Hi

    I'm considering the new Scalpel frameset. Does that include a lefty fork or is it 'just' the frame???

    I hope somebody can help??

    regards
    Dan

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ctracer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    268
    scalpel frameset would be:

    frame
    fork
    SI headset
    Aluminum Hollowgram SI crank/bb combo....maybe 2x9 on crank?

    not sure on that b/c i don't have the book on hand

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by ctracer01
    scalpel frameset would be:

    frame
    fork
    SI headset
    Aluminum Hollowgram SI crank/bb combo....maybe 2x9 on crank?

    not sure on that b/c i don't have the book on hand
    also crank/bb?? that's good news

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    826
    The wait for a 2008 bike right now is very looooooooooooooooooooong. No 2007's available, no 2008's available.

    Stinks for me because I ordered a bike in August and it might not be here till November or December. Really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

    I might just buy a frameset like a Supergo Access XCL hardtail and build that up, ride it while I twittle my thumbs waiting on the glacial ordering process.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by ctracer01
    scalpel frameset would be:

    frame
    fork
    SI headset
    Aluminum Hollowgram SI crank/bb combo....maybe 2x9 on crank?

    not sure on that b/c i don't have the book on hand

    I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I think the Scalpel frameset would be frame, rear shock and maybe the headset, not even sure about that.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc280
    I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I think the Scalpel frameset would be frame, rear shock and maybe the headset, not even sure about that.
    hmmm...this is going from good to worse. Does anyone know for sure??

  17. #17
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,361
    Quote Originally Posted by dsh21
    hmmm...this is going from good to worse. Does anyone know for sure??
    Call your LBS and ask... but I think usually, a frame kit is the frame, a RP23 shock and it's mounting hardware and maybe a headset, no Lefty, no crankset...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    340
    That price is most likely for the carbon Scalpel frame. If you want the aluminum it would probably be about $1500 less. I'm almost positive the Carbon Rush frame is $2500 but the aluminum is $1000. Call the company directly.

    It is not gonna come with a Lefty.

  19. #19
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,361
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc280
    That price is most likely for the carbon Scalpel frame. If you want the aluminum it would probably be about $1500 less. I'm almost positive the Carbon Rush frame is $2500 but the aluminum is $1000. Call the company directly.

    It is not gonna come with a Lefty.
    Yes, the 3000 is for the Scalpel Carbon, I think it's the blue color like the Scalpel 1 and I'm not sure if the alloy Scalpel is available as a frameset...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    340
    I stopped by my local shop and they told me they only thought the carbon Rush frame was available, then I called Cannondale directly this morning and they told me it was, gave me the color, price, shock and everything. Not sure if it is the same for the Scalpel.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikesinmud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Those prices are looking better every day but I might have to drive to to USA to get my mext CD being that the loonie is on par with the american buck. My dealer won't budge on his price, oh well he might loose another customer.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    304
    why do cannondale have to have betetr price in the US

    in sweden, the scalpel team cost like 1100 dollar, and the scalpel 1 cost 8000 dollar.

    not just that it´s more expensive, in US it´s 500 dollars between the team model än scalpel 1, in sweden it´s 3000 dollars between ;(

    almost better to buy a flight ticket, travwl to US, buy one and fly home

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Call your LBS and ask... but I think usually, a frame kit is the frame, a RP23 shock and it's mounting hardware and maybe a headset, no Lefty, no crankset...
    I talked to my LBS yesterday. He said that last year, the frame set included the Lefty fork as well. He wasn't sure about the 2008 but he assumed it would be the same. He is checking it for me.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    72
    Any ideas on what a fair price from a LBS would be for a Lefty Carbon SL or RLC? I can buy on e-bay. For a few hundred less then below.

    Lefty Speed Carbon SL - $1,300
    Lefty Speed RLC - $1,400

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •