mtbr member
    Jul 2011

2007 Cannondale Prophet 6 or 2010 Cannondale Rush 6?

Hey guys I've got the choice between these two bikes, both in great condition and selling for the same price. I've always wanted a prophet but I'm thinking I might be a few years late now...

Any opinions on which is a better bike?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    i use the rush 6. nice bike.. i have 1700 miles on it. i like the jekyll.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I think it depends on what type of bike you want..
    Rush is 4" travel light weight racer/marathon machine (capable of more though) and the Prophet is a mid weight 5" trail bike. Great bike both, though maybe the age of the Prophet being 2/3 years older (no issue to me, I still happily run a 2005 Prophet), means those part maybe more worn out..

So what do you want? A light weight race machine with possibilties to go slightly longer travel or weight weenie, or a more rounded longer travel talent compensator that can be run quite light but will never be a pure XC machine but could be given longe forks to extend it's range..

mtbr member
    I've seen Prophets under 30lbs....but with the right parts can be an excellent xc/am bike even slight fr. I have mine with a 2010 Revelation dual air u turn 150-120 and its boss on the trails. I vote prophet because i thought the rush or rize had a recall due ro the rear triangle breaking...dont remember which. Plus you can change the ht angle by placing the rear shock in either of the 2 holes on the swingarm. Like zippy said...depends on what you want and how you ride. If you can find a Prophet MX then you have a do all bike with the 12mm rear axle and able to stick a 160mm fork on it...but hasent stopped people from doing that to regular ones.