Thread: 2007 Caffeine 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

2007 Caffeine 2

I'm deciding whether or not to pull the trigger on one of these. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this bike and what their thoughts are.

wjs
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hi, I have about the same bike but with a fatty (caffeine 3, about 200 bucks cheaper!), got it only a couple days ago but loving it! Great comfortable bike, go for it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm in the same boat, to me, the Caffeine 2 looks like a better deal- Lefty versus Fatty and better components. I was bummed they took away the F600 from last year- that was the bike I was about to buy- but I have heard/read great reviews on the Caffeine frame. REI has the Caf. on sale- so I'm going with the 2.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well, the F2 is gone. LBS has 1 F3 and I'm really liking the Headshock. August close-out, so the 3 is even cheaper. I'm going to the bank and then pick 'er up- I'll post picks when she's home!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thats too bad the F2 is gone, but the F3 looks like a great bike too. I am planning on going to buy a F2 either today or tomorrow. Hopefully the weather clears up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

my new F3!

So this color is so killer- you probably can't see it, but there is a black sparkle underneath the paint that starts on the top tubes as black and then reappears as black again on the bottom tubes. If you look at it from the side, it is a royal, sparkly blue! Very nice paint. I've been about two miles on her, just too hot, and I have to be at work in an hour. Enjoy the pics, J

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Doh! I'm getting a server error message when I'm trying to upload my images! I have sized them down, so that can't be it...

wjs
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Yeh, they are nice bikes; I donít understand why here in Europe they have different colors, have different materiel on it (ok, bit better!) and are way more expensive! I paid 1800 euros, which is 2400 dollars US, outrages!
    I do would like to see a picture, only for the color! Here is mn in grey, better then the orange color, IMHO!: clic here!

I bought mn here; you can check the different components on it! clic here!

Good luck with your new bike dude!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks man, and I like that stealth grey- never saw that option. But I agree, I hate that orange- here in the states, it reminds me of the Florida Gators! (A football team I don't like). I hope this goes through this time. Man, is this bike fast- so much confidence railing in tight corners with her. She needs to loose some weight, but that will happen in time- I'll ride it out of her!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Very nice. I like the color scheme. I picked up my F2 today. It has the green and yellow color scheme. Looks very sharp. I will put a picture up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    yeah, that green/yellow/highlighter scheme is pretty rad- I'm sure yours has the same "fade" effect in it as well. I was a little bummed about the F2 being sold, but not now. I love this bike- and once she is "trimmed" down, I'll think about racing her. (And if I ever see a green F2 blurr fly by- I'll be like- "hey, is that gillfish?!" peace, J

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Some pics

[/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    nice bike- love that Lefty. I took my stock grips off with a quickness- wet noodles would have been better. I bought some Ritchey's and that 8 bucks was the best money spent on upgrades so far. I just ordered a Fizik Gobi Ti saddle as well on Ebay. (Good reviews on the saddle). Next is a Thomspon Elite post. Love that green! peace, J.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I think I am going to change the grips on mine as well. I have been riding in a bit of rain lately and those grips get slippery. Let me know what you think of the saddle your getting. Do the handlebars seem a bit wide to you? Mine seem a bit wider than my old bike.

wjs
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gillfish
    Do the handlebars seem a bit wide to you? Mine seem a bit wider than my old bike.
    Had the same problem, cut 2 cm (little less then a inch) on both sides off !

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    yeah, they are a bit wide- never thought about cutting them....