mtbr member

2006 Rush Shock Orientation

I was reading a recent article (http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/phot...w&image=622845) on Cannondale's website and it had a picture of a 2006 Rush with what appears to be a Manitou rear shock with lockout. Its orientation is reverse of what is standard. Has anyone experimented with this rear shock orientation? (ie. reversing shaft mount locations). Is there some physics going on with this setup that could be detrimental to shock?

mtbr member
    from what i have read, you want the lighter end of the shock to be the active part, so less unsprung weight or something.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The Rush you're refering too is the Rush 400.
    it's fitted with a Manitou Radium R which has a larger air can diameter than the Fox RP3.
    I suspect that the reason the Manitou is fitted right side yup is that it can't fit in the other way round; the aircan will be fouled by the top tube shock mount on the return stroke.

Since nearly the entire range is fitted with FOX rear shock's I guess it's not much of a performance problem at all, justa packaging one

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I dont know, if you look at the pics of the 2000, 1000, 800 the back tires are mounted in the wrong direction. Someone could have screwed up.

Members who have read this thread: 0