Thread: 2006 Rush 4

Nicky Ne-Norge

2006 Rush 4

2006 Rush 4, never ridden, 1800 bucks. Good deal??

This is my first mt bike so Im not too sure. Help me out guys.

mtbr member
    is a 2007 rush 4 or a 2006 rush 400?

The Martian
    Jan 2007
    Not really....

I got a NEW (from dealer, with warrantee) 07 Rush 4 for $1850 on closeout a few weeks ago because it's now "last year's" model. That=good deal. Buying "used" (even if it was never ridden) means you don't get the lifetime frame guarantee, and that piece of mind as well as the service and support is worth a few hundred bucks (at least to me) and can be invaluable to someone new to bikes.

See here: http://mikesbikes.com/itemdetails.cf...gId=39&id=1133

Nicky Ne-Norge
    So it is actually a 2007 Rush 4. It is for sale at a dealer in town and comes with the warantee. Original price was 2100, but has been cut to 1800.

Also, is everyone happy with the Lefty suspension? I have a buddy that is a veteran rider and is discouraging me from buying a bike with the Lefty. Comments?

The Martian
    Jan 2007
    2007 Rush 4 from a dealer... 1800=good deal IMO

As for the Lefty, I bought the bike specifically for that reason . WHY does your friend not want you on a lefty, has he ever ridden one? Certainly there are different tastes and a lefty is not for everyone, but it's a good, tested, design with proven advantages (and disadvantages). If you ride it and like it then go for it!!

When I was shopping around I had a few people try to tell me that they were awful and broke all the time, but then said people (worked in shops) had never ridden one and I question how many they'd actually seen "broken" vs. needing routine maintenance (since they couldn't actually give me details about how/where/under what circumstances they'd "broken"). The sales people at the local cannondale dealers were honest about the maintenance requirements, but also positive that their fork was no more likely to fail on me than any other fork suited to my riding style (and *gasp* they'd actually ridden them, in much more trying conditions than I'll probably ever put on a bike! Imagine that! ).

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I got my 2007 rush 3z for $1100 shipped. It was a demo for 5 weekends. Came with full warranty and everything. When it arrived, besides the tires being dirty it was flawless. I kind of wanted the lefty, but for the deal I got I couldn't pass it up.

Members who have read this thread: 0