FIRENZE rulez !!

2006 PROPHET and LEFTY SL CARBON 110 mm

is right to mount a 110 SL SPEED CARBON LEFTY 110 mm on a Prophet frame ?

which problem to put on a 110 instead a 140 mm fork ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    it's basically gonna be a prophet sl with a longer shock, meaning it's going to have a slightly higher b(ottom)b(bracket) than a prophet sl, but lower than a prophet, and steeper head angle than either = screwed up geometry. Frankly, i don't see any point in the swap. If the max or any other 140mm travel fork/bike is too burly for you or your riding a swap to a rush would be the way to go. Don't try to make the prophet something it's not. Personally i think the prophet sl was a terrible idea mainly as the bb is just too low, especially in the fr setting. Sure, you can make it an sl if you put on a shorter eye to eye shock and a 110mm fork, but the bike will be a lot less fr/enduro savvy than before. If you don't ride that hard or on that kinda terrain it should work decently though i guess.

If the lock out is the function you need i would hang in tight as the new 130mm leftys (pbr version, and the rlc kinda too i guess) has it and it's bound to be released either as an aftermarked fork or as an upgrade kit, though it won't be cheap. A 130mm fork would fit the prophet infinitly better than the 110, though not as well as a 140.

why are you contemplating this swap by the way?

by the way, i'm into enduro riding, so if you're into more xc type riding a sl setup should work fine, though not as good as a regualr prophet (the sl got a 5/10 score from mbr was it? which translates into pretty terrible)

FIRENZE rulez !!
    i am selling a 110 SL

a possible buyer want to put on his Prophet

so i ask for question ...

not for me

mnt bike laws of physics
    If he puts it in the FR mode, the geometry would be good with a HA about 69.5 degrees. He would need a FSA setback post becasue the SA would be about 75.5 degrees. the BB height would be about 12.5" or 318mm which would be too low I think because of the amount of sag you need in the rear.

In XC mode, the BB height would be good but the SA would be way too steep to compensate with any seatpost.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eliflap
    i am selling a 110 SL

a possible buyer want to put on his Prophet

so i ask for question ...

not for me
    u still selling that carbon sl