mtbr member
    Jul 2010

2006 Prophet 2000z

I have found what looks to be a mint 06 prophet raw. From what I have heard these bikes are indestructible and good bikes for all around riding. My only question is how much is it worth? Bikepedia says they retailed for 3500http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...2000&Type=bike

I really like the bike but I do not want to spend what they are asking (1899.00). In my opinion any bike that is coming up on 5 years old is not worth that much but I am clueless so that is why I am here. This would be my first FS bike and is looks like it would handle my east coast rocky root riding perfectly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Prophet 2000z

If it is really in like new condition and you are buying in person, then the 1900 is not too much for a bike like this.

However, if it has seen dirt at all and if you are buying it base on seller words , then 1500 or less. Since the warranty will be useless to you and you are taking a big gamble with your money online.

mtbr member
    If they are a shop and can give you a sales ticket and warrenty card then its totaly worth is. I have a prophet 5 aNd that frame is bomb proof. You will also love the point and click down hill ability of that bike and the adjustabiliy of the rear swing arm. Fr to xc mode.

Karl

mtbr member
    If that prophet has a working lefty and all th xt and xtr componets. That would be a great bike. Read up on how to set up both your spv chambers and depending on your weight you might need a diffeent spring. I have an old black spring some where you could have if you weight enough. I just got the new lefty pbr.

Can't stop the Prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by karlmichael
    If they are a shop and can give you a sales ticket and warrenty card then its totaly worth is. I have a prophet 5 aNd that frame is bomb proof. You will also love the point and click down hill ability of that bike and the adjustabiliy of the rear swing arm. Fr to xc mode.

Karl
    Second the warranty card comment!!

You can pick up a frame from the regular sites starting at about 300 bucks depending on condition.
    I got mine off ebay for about 480 and it was immaculate (2008 model). The only thing you would have to do is build her up for under 1500 and you're set.
    Last edited by brows141; 09-28-2010 at 10:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedub917
    I have found what looks to be a mint 06 prophet raw. From what I have heard these bikes are indestructible and good bikes for all around riding. My only question is how much is it worth? Bikepedia says they retailed for 3500http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...2000&Type=bike

I really like the bike but I do not want to spend what they are asking (1899.00). In my opinion any bike that is coming up on 5 years old is not worth that much but I am clueless so that is why I am here. This would be my first FS bike and is looks like it would handle my east coast rocky root riding perfectly.
    Thats way to much,I've picked up my last prophet for $850,it was mint and ride ready...