mtbr member
    Dec 2006

2006 Judge 1 issues with linkage

Is it just me or does the Judge's ability to absorb chop and braking bumps at high speed suck?

Iv'e had my Judge for about 2yrs now and being that it is the only DH bike I have owned I feel that the rear is waaay stiffer than a dh bike should be. I'm only comparing it to a couple of buddies new bikes. I have a DHX 5 in the rear and the settings are all the way to soft. (75psi in boost, preload 1 turn, PP one turn from full -, and bottom out to the third line, softest)

I determined that it may be the linkage because the Y-links are pressed up against the frame and the outside nylon washers will not rotate.

Well I slapped a new linkage kit and new grease to cannondale's specs in and it still feels the same. The linkage is still pressing the nylon washers. Big bumps and drops no problem and it feels good in the street. As soon as it gets choppy or braking bumps instant hardtail dh bike. The rear is very slow to react to bumps. It does not feel like my buddies bikes with ball bearings in all the linkage do it.

Any help?

mtbr member
    have you a picture from the plastik bushings?? think you ride the dhx to soft.. i am 95 kg 450 ti spring 100psi two turn in propedal and 1one 360 turn in bottom out. but i ride it with brake link. sooo sweet.
    Last edited by 8664; 09-25-2008 at 11:53 PM.

ride.

Ridin' dirty!
    Simple solution: don't use the brakes...they only slow you down anyways...
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You didn't say what kind of bikes your buddies rides. Some design like the Cainefield F1 & Giant Glory handles square bumps better.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Oh, they ride Transition Blindside, 05 Giant DH, Ironhorse Kumicho, and a Kona Stinky. I think I may have found the problem though. Its definately not the frame as with the shock eliminated from the rear and cycled with the whole linkage assembled the way it would be normally, the rear is smooth as butter. The DHX 5.0 is an 06 and has never seen service so maybe it needs service. I told Fox that the square edge small bump sensitivity has deminished.

Hey what do you guys think of Push Industries?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Lung
    Oh, they ride Transition Blindside, 05 Giant DH, Ironhorse Kumicho, and a Kona Stinky. I think I may have found the problem though. Its definately not the frame as with the shock eliminated from the rear and cycled with the whole linkage assembled the way it would be normally, the rear is smooth as butter. The DHX 5.0 is an 06 and has never seen service so maybe it needs service. I told Fox that the square edge small bump sensitivity has deminished.

Hey what do you guys think of Push Industries?
    fox make service, pushed make service and tuning! i hafe a roco tst pushed and thats fast!!

ride.